Thread: WoW tax system

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

WoW tax system

Hello mmo-c, i am here to present you with a new idea i have been thinking of. So, I started to think about how disproportionate the economy in WoW can be, and how unfair it can be to those who don't have any ways to make gold, especially if they want to support themselves for raiding by purchasing gems and enchants. These things can add up, and cause those less fortunate souls to not have any gold to buy anything they might just want to have, such as a brawler's guild invitation or even a hearty ale. So i propose a tax system be added to the game with brackets, such as those who make 5-10k a week pay 30% of their gold earned, and those who make 10-20k+ pay 50%. This could be used to support those who have real issues with farming gold, and also support those who have multiple characters to support. Characters are kind of like your children, and you always want to put the children in the best possible place to succeed. Just wanted to know what you guys thought of this, thanks for your responses.

This is the worst idea ever. So I dedicate an additional 5 hours a week to farm 30k gold but you don't want to spend anytime farming gold so I pay more? No thanks. I earn the gold I have because I work for it.

Hell no, i work hard for my gold. People with lives who don't have all day to farm and do dailies don't deserve any of my help.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to stop lurking for a moment just to say this.

No.

Yeah........no.

I don't make a ton of gold but..............no.

Since you are proposing this idea I assume you are in the low end range who doesn't make much because you don't put much effort into it.

Deleted
    How about just an NPC that gives you gold? And gear. And mounts? Cause fuck actually doing something yourself.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    This sounds more like WoW welfare to me. It's not hard at all to make gold these days (dailies, grinding, professions).

A brawler's invite is not a necessity either; this sounds like one of those people who don't have any cash irl, are on welfare, but have iPhones and rack up huge bills.

Deleted
    How about no.

15+ Year Old Account
    Brawler's invites dont really sell anymore, so it is easy to obtain now. And this is a horrible idea. That would kill the economy.

Quote Originally Posted by runique View Post
    Hello mmo-c, i am here to present you with a new idea i have been thinking of. So, I started to think about how disproportionate the economy in WoW can be, and how unfair it can be to those who don't have any ways to make gold, especially if they want to support themselves for raiding by purchasing gems and enchants. These things can add up, and cause those less fortunate souls to not have any gold to buy anything they might just want to have, such as a brawler's guild invitation or even a hearty ale. So i propose a tax system be added to the game with brackets, such as those who make 5-10k a week pay 30% of their gold earned, and those who make 10-20k+ pay 50%. This could be used to support those who have real issues with farming gold, and also support those who have multiple characters to support. Characters are kind of like your children, and you always want to put the children in the best possible place to succeed. Just wanted to know what you guys thought of this, thanks for your responses.
    The problem here is the above bolded text, and the fact that, in WoW, they pretty much HAND you gold on a silver platter. You don't really even have to TRY to make gold, simply by doing a few days worth of daily quests, you end up with more then enough gold to support yourself with basic necessities. Throw in gold rewards for rofflstomping LFR bosses, and all the other things you can do, and you can make PLENTY of gold.

I imagine the OP is one of those people who never bother to loot grey vendor items off their quest mobs, and die repeatedly for no good reason, and wonder why they are broke all the time.

Also, having even one alt with ANY gathering profession will keep you in sufficient bank to do anythng short of buying overpriced vanity mounts.

Instead of punishing the people who know how to make money, ask yourself what YOU are doing wrong such that you are broke in a game that literally only has ONE mandatory gold sink (repair bills).

Deleted
    I already have my self-earned money taken to lesser (read: lazy) countries IRL, why the hell I should do it in game?

Pretty sure the OP only wrote that down to see people's reactions and/or make a point.

However, the critical flaw is that there's nothing in WoW that is a necessity, as opposed to drinkable water, food, and shelter in real life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Irl I'm a staunch defender of the current welfare-system we have here in Norway.

Your idea is still stupid. This is a game, a game in which you can make money out of nothing and without taking it from somebody. The "expenses" are so insignificant that my use of "'s is justified. Heck, one good round of dailies, and you can enchant your gear. And gem it. You can even wipe a few times, then repair, down the damn boss, get an upgrade, gem and enchant THAT thing too, and THEN buy a sweet after-raid beer.

And have money left.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    The problem here is the above bolded text, and the fact that, in WoW, they pretty much HAND you gold on a silver platter. You don't really even have to TRY to make gold, simply by doing a few days worth of daily quests, you end up with more then enough gold to support yourself with basic necessities. Throw in gold rewards for rofflstomping LFR bosses, and all the other things you can do, and you can make PLENTY of gold.

I imagine the OP is one of those people who never bother to loot grey vendor items off their quest mobs, and die repeatedly for no good reason, and wonder why they are broke all the time.

Also, having even one alt with ANY gathering profession will keep you in sufficient bank to do anythng short of buying overpriced vanity mounts.

Instead of punishing the people who know how to make money, ask yourself what YOU are doing wrong such that you are broke in a game that literally only has ONE mandatory gold sink (repair bills).
    Thank you for saying this.

I'll just add that even someone with very little spare time can make plenty of gold with just a few minutes of using the auction house a day and a little common sense.

Deleted
    When you need a fucking charity in a game, you know you have failed at life.
    By posting in AH I would hit your "cap" in a few hours. I don't play this game to support lazy "people" (and I barely control myself, because I would call you other names).
    I don't care if you don't have enough money for gems/enchants/invites/whatever. You're not my children. You're not my friend. You're just some random person trying to take away something I work for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everybody can make gold just as well as the next person... so there is no "don't have a way to make gold". Where do people even get these ideas.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Everybody can make gold just as well as the next person... so there is no "don't have a way to make gold". Where do people even get these ideas.
    Existing welfare systems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Homicidal Maniac View Post
    Pretty sure the OP only wrote that down to see people's reactions and/or make a point.

However, the critical flaw is that there's nothing in WoW that is a necessity, as opposed to drinkable water, food, and shelter in real life.
    This is pretty much what I got out of this thread. Feels like he's trying to make a point about real life welfare.

The difference being, as you said, that nothing in WoW is a necessity. WoW is a game. You don't NEED anything in WoW because you don't NEED WoW. And anything you perceive you "need" in WoW is something you can, with great ease, obtain yourself.

Furthermore: OP, if you aren't just doing the above, get a guild. If you're in a real raiding guild then they provide gems and enchants for you, because every good raiding guild I've ever seen works under a "let's get everyone to provide for everyone" rule. Because that way their raiders are geared.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Quote Originally Posted by Solmyr13 View Post
    This is the worst idea ever. So I dedicate an additional 5 hours a week to farm 30k gold but you don't want to spend anytime farming gold so I pay more? No thanks. I earn the gold I have because I work for it.
    Good thing the real world doesn't work this way!

Oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    When you need a fucking charity in a game, you know you have failed at life.
    By posting in AH I would hit your "cap" in a few hours. I don't play this game to support lazy "people" (and I barely control myself, because I would call you other names).
    I don't care if you don't have enough money for gems/enchants/invites/whatever. You're not my children. You're not my friend. You're just some random person trying to take away something I work for.
    You sound just like those women hating right wing conservatives who only care about their own wealth and not the needs of others.
    I know this is a game but I know your kind in real life.

sure I'd approve of a WoW tax system, spread the wealth and long live the Azerothian dream!