Page 1 of 23
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs down Bobby Kotick to Recieve up to 800% Pay Raise In the Form of Stocks

Well, he definitely deserves it. Ironically, I started a thread about this greedy POS not too long ago too, then I see this:

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/1...ent-pay-raise/

Didn't they just layoff an absolute ton of people just a month ago?

Guess none of those people deserved their jobs as much as you deserved a fleet of new yachts eh, Kotick?

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

i think it was in stocks

---------- Post added 2013-05-05 at 07:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    Didn't they just layoff an absolute ton of people just a month ago?

Guess none of those people deserved their jobs as much as you deserved a fleet of new yachts eh, Kotick?
    of course. he's the only one that works at that company. all the rest just sit around. i bet he could make call of duty in 2 days by himself

Just think how much could be added to the company with that money.

Oh well, I guess CEO's have the right to accumulate more money than they know what to do with.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    i think it was in stocks
    It was, according to the article anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    And corporations continue to give their lower-level employees the shaft, whine about not making enough money, that the market is too unstable to spend more money and invest, all while dumping millions of dollars into a single person. It's highway robbery and the general public should denounce these practices.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Maybe they should have only given him a 750% pay raise and hired someone to fix the armory thats been broken since 5.0, and was broken even further last week.

10+ Year Old Account
    But come on guys, he's 50000000000% more valuable than the average employee! You know how much the working class sucks! Fuck those guys!

Game CEOs should be forced to actually play all the games that come out of their company. Then perhaps they would stop running good franchises into the ground and produce games that justify the $60 cost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

15+ Year Old Account
    What happened to "CEO's deserve every penny that they get cause they work 500x harder than their average employee" mentality that pervades these boards? Guess that only applies to non gaming companies that run the quality of their products into the ground.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Just another reason for me to despise this man...

Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    What happened to "CEO's deserve every penny that they get cause they work 500x harder than their average employee" mentality that pervades these boards? Guess that only applies to non gaming companies that run the quality of their products into the ground.
    Actually they would answer something to the effect of: "the market dictates what he does" and to shift the blame for making bad games away from the person responsible and to the masses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    They don't work harder, they just make decisions that increase the value of the company... and this POS has done that. How? By turning classic titles into cash cows with his big, fat, greedy fists.

10+ Year Old Account
    I say it is a poorly written article stating very few facts with the intent to enrage the "internet".
    That being said, it does raise questions; if Kotick just gave himself the money then I'm going to be pissed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    They don't work harder, they just make decisions that increase the value of the company... and this POS has done that. How? By turning classic titles into cash cows with his big, fat, greedy fists.
    And it's working. His fat smile proves it.

Good for him.

If you don't support these practices, don't buy their products.
    If a competitor produces goods of equal value and don't have as much administrative overhead, then they'll win in a free market.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

If this is true i hope he gets hit by a bus full of his call of duty playing drones.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Good for him.

If you don't support these practices, don't buy their products.
    If a competitor produces goods of equal value and don't have as much administrative overhead, then they'll win in a free market.
    God if only markets worked just like econ 101 models said they did.

A good CEO is like a good girlfriend. You don't skimp out on treating him/her well, even if you're living under a bridge.

They are legally obligated to do whatever they can to increase the company value. Private company CEOs don't necessarily have to do that, but public company CEOs are on a tight leash. And product quality is second to making sure stockholders are getting the best possible bang for their buck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MC ALPACA FLAYME View Post
    Just think how much could be added to the company with that money.

Oh well, I guess CEO's have the right to accumulate more money than they know what to do with.
    Unfortunately, I have done research on Kotick and while I would like to say he deserves the money he's earning, he doesn't. He has no interest in video games and he actually said he wanted to take the fun out of creating them. He landed in this position out of pure luck.. he just happened to be at the right place at the right time and got offered a high end position without ever having to prove himself.

The dude is good at one thing and one thing only, which really, I think anyone who is corporate could do. He gets a hold of smaller or medium sized companies and nickels and dimes the consumers to death until the market runs dry, then he dumps those companies and their loyal fanbase and moves on to another.

Just thank whatever god you prey to that Blizzard still has control and things they do in their game, because if Kotick had it his way, we'd be paying every single time to log on, games would cost $100 and so forth. The man's not a mad genius, he's just lucky and he gets some thrill off of running companies bankrupt after destroying them. Thankfully, Blizzard is still in control... at least I think, despite what Diablo 3 may have turned into. :\