Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

State Your Opinion: Best ARAM champ/comps?

I'm just curious what everyone's experience has been so far with this great new ARAM map. What champions do you guys have success with as well as team comps?

I think a team with 1 tank and 4 ranged/poke has worked the best for me so far.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just poke is awesome. Nidalee, Lux, Ezreal, Lee Sin, Caitlyn and Twisted Fate.

And Blitzcrank for the grab, it's a guaranteed win!

Had a beast game with Twitch myself, Katarina is also a great champ for this map. Generally the team with the most poke/aoe damage wins. :P
    "How poor are they that have not patience"

Deleted
    1 Support (pref Blitz) that gets Aegis and stuff + 4 Poke-Champions. In my experience, you don't need a tank if you have Blitz and poke because you can poke them low enough (and grab people) that you don't really need an engage.

It is a map when poke champions are better (just opposite to dominion). I would say hard tank (with taunt / stun) and support / range who can stun. For instance I was devastated by team with good Janna, after each tornado hit they nuked stunned target. It is also more about team play than dominion

Deleted
    I'll only answer the question I quoted, because I don't feel qualified to make guesses about the ideal composition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Julian View Post
    What champions do you guys have success with?
    Strangely enough: Sona. Might be because she is my "main" and I am just so used to her. Her poke is not the best but nice and even with the healing reduce on Howling Abyss you can give your team quite a bit sustain. A well timed ultimate can also be deciding.
    I build pure AP with her, a more tanky champion usually gets Bulwark already since he/she profits more from the +HP on it.

Other than that I do well on Zyra. Her snare, ultimate and plants can also be good if the enemy team initiates on your team.

Again, it might just be because I am most comfortable on those two champions in general.

Just got raped by AP yi, 4 alpha strikes in a row was GG lol
    "How poor are they that have not patience"

10+ Year Old Account
    katarina, amumu, corkie, Olaf, Swain has been the team i stomped hardest with.

Poke doesn't really mean all that much if you yust push all the time one good engage and they tend to get slaughtered.

Getting a team that doesn't sit back getting poked down all the time is a problem however.

I have seen poke comps torn apart by bruisers if the team is not scared to actually jump into them and start attacking.

Worst thing is when the team huddles under tower like a group of frightened ladies, getting poked slowly to death. Run in do some damage and die, get back and mop up. you are not exactly going to live sat under under your tower on 2 bar of hp are you?

Deleted
    Went against Karth,Blitz,Nid,Kat,Rene yesterday...let's say they used no lube,because it was that painful...

Deleted
    Zilean, oh my god i had so much fun going full blown ap and just destroying people who tried to poke. overreach ? np got extra life

10+ Year Old Account
    Ziggs, Karthas, Lux, Karthas, Caitlyn, Karthas, TF, Karthas, Nidalee, Kathas, Blitzcrank, Karthas, Zilean, and best of all is Karthas.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Xerath is pretty broken in aram.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hasslehoof View Post
    Xerath is pretty broken in aram.
    Katarina is the most broken.

One hextech is all you need through out the entire game, if you play it right, you will never die and still do a lot of damage.

More OT: Best teams consist of champions with high poke damage abilities like Nidalee and AP Kog, teams that can push lanes pretty decently fast to put pressure on the other team which will make poking the enemy team a lot easier.

Crappy champions for aram are Nasus and Udyr, rest is atleast very decent.

AP Yi, Blitz, Nidalee ,Jayce, Soraka, best team comp, go try it.

Team comp i prefer probably, 3 tanks, 1 poke, 1 vayne (lol).

Champs I use a lot are Lux, Caitlyn, Ezreal, Jayce, MF, GP, Orianna.
    Last edited by Vvhooya; 2013-05-10 at 03:29 AM.

Will be missed ~

Deleted
    Strongest champions in ARAM I've seen so far:

Jayce, Fiddlesticks, Orianna, Katarina, Sivir, Xerath, Caitlyn, Zilean, Soraka, Lux, Kassadin, Karthus, Ryze, Master Yi and Draven (especially early game). Kha'zix is also pretty broken once you get to level 11 (for clean up and poke).

For bruiser types Volibear seems to be the strongest imo. He's strong enough to initiate in the very early game and still survive (where most other champions lacks items and ulitimates to initiate a fight and still surivive).

Deleted
    Also, some champions that end up being together, like Vladi + Fiddles and Vladi + Mumu, are pretty scary in any kind of team comp due to their ulties and are pretty strong in aram.

10+ Year Old Account
    A cornfield by a raceway with a tornado flying through (Indiana)
    Anyone who can poke or initiate or sustain well from a distance does pretty good. My best games have been with Kog'Maw (penta woo), Sona, Lux, Cass and Ziggs. I've also had great games with some unconventional picks like Karma and Heimer (Heimer is so beastly in ARAM, lanes FOREVER).

It terms of equal skill, I'd put Nid, Blitz, Kat, any decent ADC and any sustainer/initiator as the 5 to fear. Nid spears HURT, Blitz hook is as scary as ever, Kat is a machine, an ADC right behind them (I'd pick Draven or Twitch or Trist myself) and a healer to keep them going or a disruptive initiate to start up after the hook.
    Last edited by Kenai; 2013-05-06 at 01:10 AM.
    Light or darkness...which are you blinded by?

15+ Year Old Account
    I've had big success with Fizz and Ashe.

As far as champs I've faced I'd have to say I hate Lux and Blitz the most. Lux is just...wow...she pokes you to death and makes engaging hell with her snare, and Blitz is just stupid easy. Even a bad Blitz is going to land a pull or two on a group of FIVE PEOPLE, and that's probably enough to win a game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zone control also is a pretty large factor. It's a lot easier to land at least one hit with something at range, given you don't have to run into the middle THEIR zone to do so. So basically, non-targeted directional moves. Thus why Nidalee's spear, Lux's spells, Ashe's Volley, and so on, tend to be a bit more effective there, simply because you're not always going to be hit while using them.
    Is it a bad thing if I'm slightly bored out of my wits half the time even in real life?