Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The cop was a dick, but I lost any sympathy for her when she pulled the "do you know who I am??" card. Also, her husband was the one in trouble. She wasn't in any trouble until she got out and started running her mouth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Liliara View Post
    Because she was drunk? And drunk people often do stupid things
    Isn't it better to play the "I'm foreign" card if you get arrested in US? I mean depending on what are you arrested for they can call your embassy/consulate and they can provide support for you. So she should have yelled "I am german citizen" to maybe get something.

Not to mention the "I'm a tourist" card for some minor "misstakes".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Liliara View Post
    Because she was drunk? And drunk people often do stupid things
    What bugs me is, you wouldn't hear a celebrity from France yell "I'm from France!" when they're arrested.

Why is it important to be American? Is it a superiority-complex? Are American laws much stricter on tourists and foreigners than on American citizens? What gives? Because it sure seems like the first option to me. Or maybe a little mix of both, but I'm leaning on the first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Similar

In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alcohol. The cause of, and solution to, all our problems.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    These fucking celebritys deserve to have the book thrown at them

I mean there is no excuse that someone who is a millionaire celebrity cant afford a fucking taxi

if i could scam a taxi at 4am on a saturday night in piss swept birmingham im sure a rich celeb can ring up for a fucking limo or something
    I'm actually more surprised that they can drive at all. I figured they would be helpless, and have some person drive them anywhere they go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22407280

Can anyone tell me why would anyone, but especially someone like Reece Witherspoon (who is born and bred American), be almost screaming at the top of their lungs "I am a US citizen!" to an American policeman?

I mean, you never hear of anyone in any other country ever saying such a thing, celebrity or not...
    Holy exaggeration! She was not screaming at the top of her lungs. She was speaking loudly and sternly. For a drunk woman I think she handled herself well, even if everything out of her mouth was stupid and couldn't listen to a simple command as "Stay in the car!"

As for the quote, "I am an American citizen" She was A: very drunk and saying stupid shit. And B: American's seem to have much confusion over our rights. Many seem to think the rights are theirs, and not shared by all. Freedom of speech has to come with give and take. She was just taking and not giving the officer his freedom of speech. It's typical 'Murican arrogance. Many here are quite self centered and think that the entire constitution was written specifically for them, and not everyone else as well.