Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    For me the game would be as it follows:

Start a toon. You would start by doing initial quests and gaining some shit gear. then move up in levels by doing LFD. when you felt like you were good enough, you would enlist yourself in pvp battles which would be the first way for you to prove yourself in game and win rewards that later on would get you invited into raid groups depending of your track record. In raid groups (there is no longer LFR) you would be able to win legendaries and only one level of tier gear.

To be honest I actually would prefer this idea if there were no lvls in toons and in gear and shit so any epic weapon would be as good as any other epic weapon and so on. But this woul make Blizz eat their own hair trying to come up with challenging dungeons and raids where player's lvls didn't matter, but plain old skill.
    Last edited by mmoc4874008d12; 2013-05-05 at 08:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    It was NEVER just about about ilvl. Raids had exclusive gear that you could not obtain otherwise with unique looks and item procs.
    Except no one that I can think of raided AQ40 or ZG or MC for "the look". They raided it for the elusive gear and tier sets. That's exactly what we do now! We all raid normal or heroic or LFR for gear and tier sets. Just the peeps raiding LFR get a low-end version of said tier gear. It lets them progress at the level cap and feel like they belong in the world, in the game, while still keeping them separated by gear from those raiding normal or heroic. I don't see a difference except in name.

I apologize and edited my post.

But it seems like the "ilvl is all that matters crowd" are the ones that do not have a problem with LFR and LFR is absolutely horrible for this game. When you have trinkets, for example, in LFR that are BIS above heroic and thunderforged items rewarded to people pushing a button to queue up there is definately a problem.
    What trinket are you talking about? All BiS lists I've ever seen list heroic or heroic thunderforged as BiS

If you don't like getting legendaries and epics through LFR, don't run it.

#easysolutionstodumbproblems

Quote Originally Posted by bayushisan View Post

So someone has gear that looks like yours, I don't see how this is a big deal. All it means is that you can't lord it over people who don't have the time to do the things that you do.
    Guess we cant hand out gold medals at the olympics because they will just lord them over people.... They need to sell them online for 19.95 because 90% of the population doesn't have "the time" to get one"

*shrug*

So, everyone can have a legendary if they put the work into it. More work (normal or heroic) = better legendaries.

While I really did like the vanilla/bc raiding model better, I have to admit it's fairer than the old legendary model where an entire guild's effort during the course of a tier benefited a single player - usually the guild master.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    If you don't like getting legendaries and epics through LFR, don't run it.

#easysolutionstodumbproblems
    If LFR dropped trash gear that wasnt useful (trinkets, tier gear etc) trust me, I wouldn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I don't get is why everyone is so concerned about everyone else. Is there still a normal and heroic raid tier? Yes. Then worry about that. Don't worry about LFR and what people are doing in it. It doesn't have any effect on you and your raid team.

10+ Year Old Account
    But it seems like the "ilvl is all that matters crowd" are the ones that do not have a problem with LFR and LFR is absolutely horrible for this game. When you have trinkets, for example, in LFR that are BIS above heroic and thunderforged items rewarded to people pushing a button to queue up there is definately a problem.
    kido you are one sick and envious qq snowflake

Flaming is not tolerated here
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-05-05 at 08:47 PM.

What is happening to this game? Where is the carrot on a stick?

With the current model everyone can have overpowered trinkets/Tier and now LEGENDARIES. I dont raid Heroics but I sure as hell do not feel entitled to gear similar to what they get save some ilvls. Hell, LFR gives tier gear just like Normal and Heroic (same model same set bonus...).

I remember playing Vanilla and BC and to some extent wrath and seeing all those raiders with awesome gear that looks great. It gave me something to strive for....anyone remember the axe that dropped off C'thun and wishing you could kill that boss because the axe just looks AWESOME. It wasnt just the ilvl it was the actual look of the item...

Say what you will but LFR is horrible from a gameplay standpoint in it's current state. People will start to realize this when everyone is running around with a legendary weapon because they followed the quest chain from wrathion and were able to to queue for a "raid"

This game was never JUST about ilvls till transmog and LFR came into the picture, like it is now, and frankly its getting repetitive and following a doomed course.
    Just destroy your legendary and your LFR tier pieces and you're happy again. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Every item in LFR is an exact, lower-level copy of items in normal and heroic. There's no LFR trinket that's BIS over its own normal or heroic or thunderforged versions.
    You misunderstood what I was saying.

For example... Unerring vision of lei shen LFR( for classes like demo locks and Spriests) is better then most heroic level trinkets that are much harder to obtain.

Who cares how someone else gets gear in the game, no one forces you to do LFR so who cares if someone else does, and if that's how they want to enjoy the game then so be it.

You do what you do to improve your toon let other people do what they want to/have time for.

Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    Please stop QQing the game changed for the better
    Legendarys for everyone who puts in some effort yay!
    Not like there were any rogues without Daggers during DS right?
    Everyone and their granny had those.
    I think we all agree DS was a turd of a tier. Everything with it as well including LFR.
    Personally I just want "epics" to live up to their name again? Even just a little!
    Nothing epic about them now that a paraplegic with downsyndrome*** can get through LFR.

***not calling everyone in LFR this btw

And how many people actually got to kill C'thun, let alone wield the axe if it dropped? That's the whole point of LFR; Blizzard wants all players to be able to experience all parts of the game, not just a small percentage. They work hard on this content, everyone should be able to see it at some point. By your logic, there shouldn't even be normal modes because you're being given the same gear like Heroic raiders, minus some ilvls. Hello???
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail

10+ Year Old Account
    You misunderstood what I was saying.

For example... Unerring vision of lei shen LFR( for classes like demo locks and Spriests) is better then most heroic level trinkets that are much harder to obtain.
    But normal Unerring Vision would be better than LFR, and heroic Unerring Vision would be better than normal. If you just have awful luck getting trinkets in normal or heroic, that can be an option, but the instant you get a higher level version that LFR trinket is going out the window. And since you can't use two of them (even if they're different levels) you'll always want another trinket...and, again, the normal and heroic versions are always going to be better than their LFR counterparts. So no matter how good the LFR trinkets are, you'll still want to do normal/heroic for the better versions.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is happening to this game? Where is the carrot on a stick?
    carrot on a stick i believe got taken out when they redid dungeon quests, so the casuals could go into ZG and have all the quests instead of having to go around the world to pick them all up(true story, not all of them were in tanaris)

as for the current problem you seem to have,
    i have no issue with people getting LFD/R gear and not being able to compete with my reg raid gear, as such i don't have a problem with people touting heroic thunderforged because my guild isn't quiet good enough to get into heroic content early / midway through tiers, so very little heroic gear actually starts going out a couple of weeks / month or so before next expansion. dragonsoul...and icc, with how long they were out are ofc exceptions to the rule.

ehh w/e we get stuff done eventually and i am not an AMAZING player myself. i do consider myself Average, as far as regular raiding/guilds go, there are ofc a few above and below average people in my guild but social > quality imho.

nerdscreaming guild leader like BL has can..well nvm but you've seen their video's...rigginator goes OFF on some people.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

If LFR dropped trash gear that wasnt useful (trinkets, tier gear etc) trust me, I wouldn't.
    You are now complaining that LFR drops things that are useful to you.

Even the most delicious carrot will eventually be ignored if you don't get a single bite.

And that, my dear friend, is why LFR is good, both in gameplay and gear. It lets you taste the carrot.

Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post
    Nothing epic about them now that a paraplegic with downsyndrome*** can get through LFR.

***not calling everyone in LFR this btw
    Because if you honestly put 25 such people in a LFR raid, you honestly think they would have zero issues going 12/12 ?

Hey you guys are talking about how much you hate those damn tattle tells, snitches who report the AFKers and DPS that qued as healers. You don't have the courage to police your own runs, you sure don't have much right to complain about the people that are in them

Quote Originally Posted by Archpriest View Post
    Even the most delicious carrot will eventually be ignored if you don't get a single bite.

And that, my dear friend, is why LFR is good, both in gameplay and gear. It lets you taste the carrot.
    This is probably the best analogy I've seen yet.

Quote Originally Posted by caninepawprints View Post
    And how many people actually got to kill C'thun, let alone wield the axe if it dropped? That's the whole point of LFR; Blizzard wants all players to be able to experience all parts of the game, not just a small percentage. They work hard on this content, everyone should be able to see it at some point. By your logic, there shouldn't even be normal modes because you're being given the same gear like Heroic raiders, minus some ilvls. Hello???
    They could let people see the content throught lfr, without giving them any gear. Tho, the reason people do lfr is mostly to get gear and not to see the actual lore.

And the thing u said about normal / heroic modes, I wouldn't mind removing it and making it 1 real raiding difficulty again like it was in vanilla/tbc and ulduar (loved this concept best) wotlk.

I used to be proud of the awesome looking gear that I got, had some prestige to it. Now it's all gone and honestly Im just a sad cranky ex-snowflake and it's something Im starting to dislike about the game. Sure there are other things that makes you standout more but atm it just feels like you are one in the crowd. Letting people go back to old content to kill end bosses and earn titles baffles me as well, it used to show who had actually done that boss when it was current, now it's just some silly text people run around with... Less things that makes people uniq and standout is what's killing the game for me atleast.
    Nowish <Envy> Washed up, classic hero - Feral + War dps/tank PoV-> http://sv.twitch.tv/viss3