Deleted

Wii U Virtual Console

Thinking of getting a Wii U to enjoy some of the Virtual Console games.

When I had a Wii I could access all sorts of old games like Majoras Mask, Pokemon Snap, Super Mario World etc.

My question is can I access this Virtual Console on the Wii U?

Cheers

I think most of the features for the virtual console are comming next month.

Also I hear gamecube games might be comming to it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Do you really want to buy a Wii U just to play N64 games?

I totes bought a 3DS XL just to play BW2 on a bigger screen though, so who am I to judge?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    Do you really want to buy a Wii U just to play N64 games?

I totes bought a 3DS XL just to play BW2 on a bigger screen though, so who am I to judge?
    Pretty much. I think a lot of the Wii games are a disgrace. A spit in the face to long serving Nintendo Fans.

---------- Post added 2013-05-05 at 11:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    I think most of the features for the virtual console are comming next month.

Also I hear gamecube games might be comming to it.
    Cheers. I found an article on it. http://wiiudaily.com/wii-u-virtual-console/

but I can't see a date (unless I'm blind).

Great to see Wind Waker coming to it.

The only games on the Wii U virtual console right now are a few NES games and Super Mario World. More NES/SNES games will probably be added slowly like with the 3DS. They're working to get N64 and GBA on it next, but I don't think they've said anything about Gamecube yet.
    As for the Wii virtual console, I think you can access it if you go into Wii mode. It has a much better selection, you just won't be able to play them on the gamepad.

Also, there's really no point in buying a console just to play a few decade old games, all while supporting a company whose last console you thought was "a spit in the face". Just emulate them.

Great to see Wind Waker coming to it.
    That's not confirmed, or even hinted at. They are releasing Wind Waker HD at the end of the year though.
    Last edited by Duruka; 2013-05-05 at 11:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't it be better to just get a Wii and get virtual console games on that? It currently appears to have a larger library.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    I can see who votes against that, and I can ban. Just saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zildjian View Post
    Thinking of getting a Wii U to enjoy some of the Virtual Console games.

When I had a Wii I could access all sorts of old games like Majoras Mask, Pokemon Snap, Super Mario World etc.

My question is can I access this Virtual Console on the Wii U?

Cheers
    Right now, you just open up the Wii Channel (aka Wii emulator) and play your old VC games. You can actually transfer your old Wii stuff to the Wii U. When Super Mario World came out for the Wii U, I just had to pay a $1.50 for the Wii U license of it (which includes a savestate and the ability to play it on the control pad). I can still play it through the Wii channel if I really felt like it though. So basically, the answer is yes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevegasm View Post
    Right now, you just open up the Wii Channel (aka Wii emulator) and play your old VC games. You can actually transfer your old Wii stuff to the Wii U. When Super Mario World came out for the Wii U, I just had to pay a $1.50 for the Wii U license of it (which includes a savestate and the ability to play it on the control pad). I can still play it through the Wii channel if I really felt like it though. So basically, the answer is yes.
    I don't have my old Wii. It was sold years ago, so I have to buy those games again.

I can still go on to this Wii Channel and buy the old Virtual Games? (on a Wii U).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zildjian View Post
    I don't have my old Wii. It was sold years ago, so I have to buy those games again.

I can still go on to this Wii Channel and buy the old Virtual Games? (on a Wii U).
    Yes.

12345678910 chars

Deleted
    I just wish you could play the Wii VC games with the Wii U gamepad

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duranox View Post
    I just wish you could play the Wii VC games with the Wii U gamepad
    To be fair Nintendo do have to do some controller support modding I would assume plus they seem to want to make sure you can play the games on just the gamepad.