Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Would you return for cheaper payment plans?

5$/month for PVP content only...5$/month for questing + dungeons content only...5$/month for raiding content only...

...stuff like that?

I would return for PVP content only for 5$/month only because I REALLY like Paladins and Rogues in BGs, otherwise there's just too many alternatives out there to justify coughing up 15$ every month in return for a few hours of PVP a week.

The money is irrelevant to me. I stopped paying because the raids are crap, not because of price.

But I haven't left. But say I did, I wouldn't want something like that installed.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    I still play the game but if I could I'd pay 5$ for pvp and raids each because I dont need questing and dungeons would save a few bucks

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    15$ a month is cheap compared to 20-60$ per game. people that have issues paying 15$ a month should not being playing...or left alone with sharp objects.
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noorri View Post
    The money is irrelevant to me. I stopped paying because the raids are crap, not because of price.
    MoP raiding is fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

No, Payment is just fine. What would make me come back is the new freakling character models they are "telling stories" about for almost 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    15$ a month is cheap compared to 20-60$ per game. people that have issues paying 15$ a month should not being playing...or left alone with sharp objects.
    This comment is highly ignorant and I would greatly appreciate if nothing in this tone would be repeated in this thread. All the WoW expansions cost well over 60$ together, compared to multiplayer games/MMOs which are free/cost only 60$, and on top of that WoW asks an extra 15$ each month.

My question didn't even involve a question of whether it should be free though or single cost, I just offered different options of monthly pricing, some of which I would agree to pay for if they were offered.

I could also pay 60$/month for cable instead of 50$/month, but 10$ extra don't justify 2 movie channels for me.

Calling people incompetent retards through an analogy because they don't want to waste money makes me question whether you should be left alone in front of a computer to voice your "opinions".
    Last edited by ElvenArcher; 2013-05-05 at 09:03 PM.

The money isn't the problem...

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenArcher View Post
    This comment is highly ignorant and I would greatly appreciate if nothing in this tone would be repeated in this thread. All the WoW expansions cost well over 60$ together, compared to multiplayer games/MMOs which are free/cost only 60$, and on top of that WoW asks an extra 15$ each month.

My question didn't even involve a question of whether it should be free though or single cost, I just offered different options of monthly pricing, some of which I would agree to pay for if they were offered.

I could also pay 60$/month for cable instead of 50$/month, but 10$ extra don't justify 2 movie channels for me.
    It's not ignorant. Count $/hour and you'll realise that it's "cheap". Many people here have played 100-400 days+!
    Last edited by Baracuda; 2013-05-05 at 09:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

There's no need for something like this to be added, $15 a month is already dirt cheap. Besides, it would cause more harm than good, because then the whole "Well we both pay $15 so if I want to AFK in LFR all game I should be able to" thing goes out the window. And then I won't be able to AFK. =(

It would be okay to save $5 a month since I never quest or do dungeons, but really do I want that option completely removed to save an absurdly small amount of money? Not really.

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post

It's not ignorant. Count $/hour and you'll realise that it's "cheap". Many people here have played 100-400 days+!
    It is ignorant because he insults people for deciding whether they're getting their money's worth. That's called voluntary ignorance, and I'd rather not deal with it.

I've played 400+ hours across all my characters, I can link you the screenshots of /played. What does that have to do with anything though?

Deleted
    If you can't afford the 15$ a month you really shouldn't be pouring time into an MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    There's no need for something like this to be added, $15 a month is already dirt cheap. Besides, it would cause more harm than good, because then the whole "Well we both pay $15 so if I want to AFK in LFR all game I should be able to" thing goes out the window. And then I won't be able to AFK. =(

It would be okay to save $5 a month since I never quest or do dungeons, but really do I want that option completely removed to save an absurdly small amount of money? Not really.
    So you'd rather pay 15$/month for your cellphone plan to get 500MB worth of data plan/month instead of paying 5$/month for unlimited talk/text, even though you never use data?

Really? Tell me you would really do that.

---------- Post added 2013-05-05 at 09:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by chosenkiwi View Post
    If you can't afford the 15$ a month you really shouldn't be pouring time into an MMO.
    Assuming I couldn't pay 15$/month, by your logic, I shouldn't be playing:

- Firefall
    - LOTRO
    - Guild Wars
    - Guild Wars 2
    - The Old Republic
    - Star Trek Online

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Yeah, I'd imagine for a lot of people the cost of the game isn't what keeps them from playing. Personally I quit because I was bored with the game and am still bored with it(occasionally check to see if the boredom's gone through my sisters account) so until I'm not longer bored with the game or Blizz makes the game less boring to me I won't be back for a long while(might consider it if it went F2P but that's not likely).

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    But I haven't left. But say I did, I wouldn't want something like that installed.
    Then this post wasn't directed to you, so please go increase your post count somewhere else with one liner replies. My Little Pony thread serves just that.

Also, your signature is utterly disgusting, I can't believe moderators don't ban you for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, not really. Besides, the game isn't designed that way and this idea isn't even close to sufficient to warrant a redesign.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

5$/month for PVP content only...5$/month for questing + dungeons content only...5$/month for raiding content only...

...stuff like that?

I would return for PVP content only for 5$/month only because I REALLY like Paladins and Rogues in BGs, otherwise there's just too many alternatives out there to justify coughing up 15$ every month in return for a few hours of PVP a week.
    already playing but no if i had quit and this would come up? no no no no no no no no no no. i'l play guild wars 2 then than this. or if I get the choice? i'd pay the sub again.
    14,99 USD 5$ per thing.
    12,99 Euro 4 Euro per thing.
    8,99 GBP = 3 GBP per thing.
    now for me this means.(i'm swedish and I need to convert from euro to SEK)
    5 USD = 32 SEK x2 = 64 SEK Compared to 97 SEK is cheaper yes, but to play content i sometimes want to pay i have to pay the exact same ammount anyways.
    4 EURO = 34 SEK x2 = 68 SEK compared to 110 SEK is cheaper yes, but to play content i sometimes want to pay i have to pay the exact same ammount anyways.
    3 GBP = 30 SEK x 2 = 60 SEK compared to 91 SEK is cheaper yes, but to play content i sometimes want to pay i have to pay the exact same ammount anyways.

Now the option to pay in GBP/USD is thrown away for me, since i'm in europe, and yes your not allowed to chose to pay in GBP/euro at all, for a reason.
    But in the end it would not matter and if i stopped playing, I stopped playing for another reason than money, and basicly your sugestion regarding raiding content do NOT WORK, you have to pay 10 USD/8 EUR/6/ GBP anyhow, why? well to get to the raiding content you need to do the leveling and farming and the dailie quests, no dailie quests are NOT part of raiding content nor are the gear.(apart from tier)

Raiding Content=The Raid(experiance)
    Questing+Dungeon Content= world + loot
    Pvp=Battle grounds/arena/World dominance - oh snap wait a moment you need the leveling content additional to the pvp one.

your idea seems very flawed.
    and..
    Then this post wasn't directed to you, so please go increase your post count somewhere else with one liner replies. My Little Pony thread serves just that.
    so? it was not directed to him or me, we can still give our opions as we are still playing the game, and as i take it, do you even play the game anymore? if not why are you on a forum about a game which you don't play. if you do, then why make this kind of thread?
    Last edited by Kharli; 2013-05-05 at 09:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. I wouldn't probably play even if it was free - don't have the time for the grind any more. Rift has suffered the same fate. I prefer games I can log in, log off after an hour or two. "Casual" mmo's. Also, the graphics in WoW are far too dated.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If they start producing more 5-man content and less 3-man zerg rushes, maybe.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Only way is if it goes F2P (which it won't)