Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogmanlolz View Post
    Start-up cost to play wow= $20 battle chest, + $20 cataclysm + $25 MOP = 65 to start. Assuming you play 1 year 12*15=180. 65 + 180=$245 total + internet ????

Price of one console stop being poor and work little kid.
    Because a console = 1 video game? 15$ a month is cheap for a service. For one video game, it would probably be the most amount of money anyone would spend on. Believe I spent over 700$ based on the amount of time I played WoW (not saying the payment isn't fair, it was money well spent).

I left WoW not because of the payment model. If anything, microtransactions like the OPs would throw me off even further. It may be a perspective thing, but I don't pay per text-message, minute, etc. when it comes to anything like cell-phones, games; hell I hate paying per hour back when I did LAN cafes. But that's just me.

WoW is a poor man's way to kill time.

It doesn't provide any real entertainment.
    You waste some time, then get a virtual weapon/armor.
    This new weapon/armor provides nothing but stats change.

Quote Originally Posted by Creotor View Post
    $15 dollars a month is a lot for those who:

- don't earn any income themselves (adolescents with very strict parents + some others)
    - are in an extremely bad financial situation and should not be thinking about WoW too much
    - don't like spending even a few extra dollars and actually stress out over it (I believe this is a very small minority)
    - somehow have a problem with it due to very unique circumstances
    Or those who happen to live in less wealthy countries. There are people playing WoW living in countries where average sallary is around 500$ per month. Even for them 15$ might not be a lot but several of those 15$ do add up and if they dont play WoW a lot, they may decide it is not worth paying 15$ to just log and play 2-3 times per week. Asking such people if they would return if sub would be lowered to 5$ is valid.

Well if you divide the amount I paid by the amount I've played, WoW is probably the cheapest game I've ever bought.

I dunno, this might appeal to some people, not an awful lot though. WoW is pretty cheap as it is, I think if people are turned off by the price it's more the fact that you buy it in minimum 1 month blocks and feel obliged to play every day to get your money's worth. Maybe they could sell it in blocks based on usage as well? Though that might make the situation really complicated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Let me put it this way: I would never come back to WoW for 15$/month + expansion cost unless it somehow managed to be 2x better than WOTLK, which was the pinnacle of WoW.

And when I say 2x better I mean giving PVE events all over the world, encouraging exploration and team gameplay, encouraging world PVP and city siege warfare even on PVE servers, mounted combat both aerial and ground, naval combat and dynamic, intelligent AI instead of static enemies.

At this stage, the word Warcraft is synonym with gear grind and an acidic fan base with incompetent official forum moderators who patronize posters and delete Blizzard criticism.

Who the hell would want to come back to that for 15$/month? For 5$ I could be masochistic enough to not care about that if it meant I could smash arena heroes in BGs with my Paladin and Rogue, otherwise forget it, this game is hardly better than Runescape at this point. Hell, if Runescape had WoW's engine their gameplay would be 70% symmetrical.

I did the math once and in the hours I've spent on WoW for the cheap sub cost, I would have spent tens of thousands of dollars on 12 hour AAA titles.

I don't think WoW needs a cheaper and broken up plans. 15 dollars a month is nothing. Even people without jobs manage to scrounge up their WoW sub.

---------- Post added 2013-05-05 at 11:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenArcher View Post
    Let me put it this way: I would never come back to WoW for 15$/month + expansion cost unless it somehow managed to be 2x better than WOTLK, which was the pinnacle of WoW.

And when I say 2x better I mean giving PVE events all over the world, encouraging exploration and team gameplay, encouraging world PVP and city siege warfare even on PVE servers, mounted combat both aerial and ground, naval combat and dynamic, intelligent AI instead of static enemies.

At this stage, the word Warcraft is synonym with gear grind and an acidic fan base with incompetent official forum moderators who patronize posters and delete Blizzard criticism.

Who the hell would want to come back to that for 15$/month? For 5$ I could be masochistic enough to not care about that if it meant I could smash arena heroes in BGs with my Paladin and Rogue, otherwise forget it, this game is hardly better than Runescape at this point. Hell, if Runescape had WoW's engine their gameplay would be 70% symmetrical.
    That's a whole lot of opinion and bias.

IMO WOTLK sucked balls.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

understood.
    You cared enough to post.

Quote Originally Posted by Noorri View Post
    The money is irrelevant to me. I stopped paying because the raids are crap, not because of price.
    If the games with the best raids have crap raids, you must not like raiding...

Hm.. Anyone else noticing OP really likes to go after people that do not agree with his idea..?

Anyone this does sound like a neat idea except for the questing/dungeons one.
    But considering I enjoy doing all 3 things I'd be paying 15 bucks a month anyway..

I would pay $10 monthly for WoW. Fifteen is just enough money for me to not pay for the months I would just be doing dailies or have raids on farm. But $10 might be enough for me to stick around and do other stuff. Right now I'm just playing SWTOR for free.

10+ Year Old Account
    i stopped playing because with my new work schedule i am not able to play to the level i want to. plus i am looking for a 2nd job and taking 5 classes so i dont really have the time to play casually(which i find casual players play more than hardcore ones)

OP your idea revolves around the idea that people quit because of money, when that is hardly the case. As has already been said 100 times so far in this thread, the $15 is nothing.

People quit for many reasons, but I doubt the $15 a month sub fee rates high on that list of reasons.

15+ Year Old Account
    15$/month is too much for me, who just wants to play occasionally and preferably solo. Thankfully, there's other quality MMOs out there that suit my needs. I really do miss WoW, but it's not worth it anymore. If it was pay once to play, or 5$ to access solo PVE like OP suggested, I'd definitely resubscribe.
    You will find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

So you'd rather pay 15$/month for your cellphone plan to get 500MB worth of data plan/month instead of paying 5$/month for unlimited talk/text, even though you never use data?

Really? Tell me you would really do that.

---------- Post added 2013-05-05 at 09:10 PM ----------

Assuming I couldn't pay 15$/month, by your logic, I shouldn't be playing:

- Firefall
    - LOTRO
    - Guild Wars
    - Guild Wars 2
    - The Old Republic
    - Star Trek Online
    That is a poor example.
    You cannot just split up the game like that where a phone can be denied or limited in its use of one service without impacting on the others.
    You have to be in the world to queue up for pvp, therefore you are already arguably in the PvE side of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish they gave a discount for having multiple accounts. At my highest, I had 4 subs going. To save money, I had them all on 6 month plans, staggered by a month between each. So the first one expired 2 months after the fourth one was started, etc. It saved me money not only because you get a discount for buying more time, but because I was only paying one sub per month for 4 months, then got a 2 month break before having to start the cycle over. The main problem is, I have characters I really love to play spread across all four accounts, so it's not like I could just activate one at a time. It would cost way too much in transfer fees to put them all on one account, and besides, I multibox, having all my good chars on one account would be counterproductive for me.

But it would be extremely wonderful, and I would definitely come back, if they gave us SOME sort of discount. Even going with what the OP posted, I don't PvP or raid, so spending $5 a month per account would be AMAZING.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Considering the subscriptions haven't increased in the past 8 years, i won't argue about it. The game value far exceeds those prices. If they ever change, they will only rise, not lower. Until eventually it goes to F2p or whatever.

Most people quit due to being bored or tired with the game, not for its price. I think so, at least.

Then this post wasn't directed to you, so please go increase your post count somewhere else with one liner replies. My Little Pony thread serves just that.

Also, your signature is utterly disgusting, I can't believe moderators don't ban you for that.
    I wouldn't concern yourself with that guy, the way he attempts to crush ANY negativity about WoW as quickly as possible makes me tend to believe he's either an extreme fanboy or a blizzard mole.

OT. You plan makes perfect sense. Some players are only concerned with PvP and some only enjoy raiding. Pay for what you play - why not I see no problem in this idea.
    "you can't be serious!!" - yes actually I am.

10+ Year Old Account
    quality of content does not give value to the $15 i would pay as it is, so reducing the cost to $5 would change nothing of note in my interests in WoW.

I'd probably consider checking wow out again without a sub, and even then I'm sketchy on whether or not I'd care enough to deal with the hassle of getting started again.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
    I wouldn't concern yourself with that guy, the way he attempts to crush ANY negativity about WoW as quickly as possible makes me tend to believe he's either an extreme fanboy or a blizzard mole.
    I don't attempt to crush anything. I ask people why they feel they way they feel or I tell them that it's just their opinion. If anyone is crushing anything is it's people who base their opinions as fact.

And as I told the other guy, if you don't like what I'm posting, just set me as ignore. I myself should really start using it.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I think the $15 a month price works just fine. I'd probably pay $20 or $25 if I could get more character slots, more bank and void storage space per character, and reduced costs for extended services like character transfers.

Yeah, I think I'd much rather see a premium subscriber offer rather than serving up the game piecemeal for $5 a month. Like others have said, if the price of the game is a factor, then you're probably better off not playing.