Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #81
    The Lightbringer Toffie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    3,750
    Doesn't matter, the game looks crap compared to all other new games. We were promised epic raids, we just got a room with a boss in it with no heart put into it. I stopped playing because they didn't put their heart in it. I'm never returning to WoW honestly. Bring me Titan or whatever it may be.
    Steam Big Picture Mode - 4570 - GA-H87N - MSI R9-290 - 120 GB Samsung 840 EVO
    Corsair 250D - Philips 55 LED TV - Corsair RM 550 - Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB

    4770K - EVGA 780 Ti SC- Corsair 350D - V700 - Gryphon Z87
    Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB - Samsung 840 250GB - H60

  2. #82
    Stood in the Fire Mcaffee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    448
    The thing that people are forgetting is that in the eyes of Blizzard the current model works just fine.
    As i have no clue on how many subs WoW has atm lets pick a low number of 5 million subs this means Blizzard earns $15 x 5.000.000 each month x 12 months for a year, so Blizzard earns $900 million each year on subscriptions.
    In the eyes of Blizzard their current way works and has worked for 8 straight years why would the change there is no need for them to do so at all.

    The low number of 5 million subs is still double then that of any other MMO currently on the market, I have checked some websites and based on their numbers all based around 2012 blizz is actually around 8-10 million subscriptions so why on earth would Blizzard shoot their $1.5 billion dollar a year golden goose?

    Also if you read MMO-C people are actually enjoying MoP with the exception of the daily grind which even Blizz has said they screwed up on, they are pumping out faster content and imho ToT is the best raid since Ulduar.
    Blizzard fucked up big time with Cata (for me that is) but made 1 hell of a comeback with MoP (again thats for me).

    And all of that for only $15 a month, and yes $15 might be a lot to some but for the last 8 years there have been millions of us that have paid it willingly and will continue to do so.

  3. #83
    Herald of the Titans LocNess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Indiana, United States
    Posts
    2,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    Doesn't matter, the game looks crap compared to all other new games. We were promised epic raids, we just got a room with a boss in it with no heart put into it. I stopped playing because they didn't put their heart in it. I'm never returning to WoW honestly. Bring me Titan or whatever it may be.
    I am happy I am not playing the same game you are then.

  4. #84
    Payment is fine, its cheap compared to other stuff.
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

  5. #85
    Only time i would return if they stop nerfing classes and bosses every other week could care less how much it costs for subscription.

  6. #86
    I wouldn't say the money is the issue for most people, if you can't afford $15 you have other worries.
    10 Kibblet 66 Infectionate 79 Serenades 29 Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    26 Kibble 85 Taxiporte 10 Restofarian 10 Fisticuffs 86 Blesshu 90 Sinnocence 60 Shoctologist 90 Ellipsis 85 Hiddenfee 54 Teddiursa
    Mount Collection | Battle-Pet Collection

  7. #87
    What bothers me more than the 15 a month (which yes I do think is steeper than it needs to be; Blizzard is a company that makes money first and foremost, if they can get away with gouging people every month they will) is the $55 it costs to transfer 1 PC to a different realm and faction. That's too expensive to play the same game. Period. I really would like to see a pay-for-features aspect, with more customization. Want to unlock pvp? $5 more. Pet battles? Raiding? Don't pay for them? Can't flag pvp/queue for bgs/lfr/etc. Paying a flat fee for ALL the features, many of which players don't bother to touch is bad for user satisfaction. A la carte would be wonderful. If I could pay only for the channels I wanted to on my cable tv (there are about 5 dozen I haven't even looked at in years) I would be soo happy.
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

    -The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned

  8. #88
    I might return if they lowered the cost, or made the extra services free at least (especially server and faction transfer) and if there was a way to make gold through PvP. I have no interest in dailies or professions. PvP still requires having gems and enchants and glyphs, not to mention repairs, without providing the means to pay for them. CTF ties have to become ties again, as well, as a matter of principle. I refuse to participate until they are.

  9. #89
    Bloodsail Admiral HavelTheRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,207
    $15 a month is dirt cheap, if you're honestly complaining about it being too expensive, you should get a job or take up jogging, it's the only thing I can think of that's cheaper (that you can get literally hundreds of days of entertainment out of, and that's if you consider jogging for 200 days entertaining)

  10. #90
    Yeah so... I guess 1.3 million more players didn't agree with 15$/month either.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by ElvenArcher View Post
    Yeah so... I guess 1.3 million more players didn't agree with 15$/month either.
    hum... cheap shot.... but somewhat true

  12. #92
    I already play and I dont want the sub to change, I've spent several times over my WoWs sub fee over the years on f2p or B2p games. Also every non sub game has been of a much lower quality.

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    Doesn't matter, the game looks crap compared to all other new games. We were promised epic raids, we just got a room with a boss in it with no heart put into it. I stopped playing because they didn't put their heart in it. I'm never returning to WoW honestly. Bring me Titan or whatever it may be.

    errrr wut?

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by ElvenArcher View Post
    Yeah so... I guess 1.3 million more players didn't agree with 15$/month either.
    It was particularly noted that a large portion of those subscribers were from the Eastern market and they have a very different pricing structure than players in the West.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

  15. #95
    Banned sandmoth12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,767
    I would not return for a cheaper price. In fact, I would actually pay more if I liked the game. Something is wrong with wow at its core, and until we can all agree on that it is going to continue to fade.

  16. #96
    No, cheaper payment options won't fix the game or fix the fact so many players quit because they are on dead realms and can't afford to transfer all their characters...and it's not fair to ask them to re-roll a character they have had for years...there are way bigger problems than the subscription fee (which has never bothered me to be honest). The game itself has a lot of issues, one major being the game isn't dying, realms are and blizz isn't doing much to stop that from happening (mergers are in need imo). Dead realms = people quitting because they can't do anything they want to do in game OR can't afford to change realms...when realms begin to deteriorate then the game will die. Right now I just feel realm activity is the biggest issue over anything else. Next, the game is looking dated. With all the new games that have come out the last year or so people are wanting to see something better than just the same standard graphics they have seen since vanilla.

    And the daily grind is annoying, the way the game has become less alt friendly is not good, and I could go on and on...main point, I quit mostly due to a dead realm. My guild all transfered to another server and because I don't have $200 to invest in moving a few of my and my husbands characters (and no way am I re-rolling characters I have had since I started in vanilla) it was bye bye to WoW. Maybe if they made it free or really cheap (package deals) to move my characters I would reconsider...but if I am gonna have to re-roll on a busier realm I may as well get into a new better looking MMORPG than stick it out with WoW, because I just have no desire to level though BC content again, much less cata or Pandaria...BC is so dated it depresses me when I go there...wrath is also becoming more dated than I would like (LK is about the only save it has since he is just so cool). Other than that, why bother? I don't feel like blizz cares too much about what the players want/need and in turn I just don't care to keep spending my money on a game that is full of dead realms and only a few really decent ones (I found around 7 I could tolerate playing on, and obviously that isn't very much out of the whole pot of realms there are to choose from).

    The community is also an issue...but that's not something blizz can really control since trolls and such are a part of every MMO community. But that aside...WoW used to be a game I could get on and enjoy...now I fly around trying to think of things to do aside from my LFR...and as a person who loves raiding I'd much rather be doing normal mode or hard modes...it just doesn't have much that is appealing to me at the moment, and until blizzard fixes the issues (not just make another micro transaction MMORPG...you spend WAY more on micro transactions then you would a monthly fee) I won't be playing any time soon if ever again, and it makes me sad because I have had a lot of fun in WoW over the years...I felt depressed leaving my characters behind but that's just the way it is. I quit for three months, came back for a month and just had no fun what-so-ever so I decided it was time to give it up. Maybe next expansion will be better...

  17. #97
    Scarab Lord Jevlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Where the Monocles live.
    Posts
    4,303
    If it was completely free then perhaps. The game isn't fun anymore and it has deviated too much from the game I initially fell in love with, it's no longer worth the money for me.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side.

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadraline View Post
    No, cheaper payment options won't fix the game or fix the fact so many players quit because they are on dead realms and can't afford to transfer all their characters...and it's not fair to ask them to re-roll a character they have had for years...there are way bigger problems than the subscription fee (which has never bothered me to be honest). The game itself has a lot of issues, one major being the game isn't dying, realms are and blizz isn't doing much to stop that from happening (mergers are in need imo). Dead realms = people quitting because they can't do anything they want to do in game OR can't afford to change realms...when realms begin to deteriorate then the game will die. Right now I just feel realm activity is the biggest issue over anything else. Next, the game is looking dated. With all the new games that have come out the last year or so people are wanting to see something better than just the same standard graphics they have seen since vanilla.

    And the daily grind is annoying, the way the game has become less alt friendly is not good, and I could go on and on...main point, I quit mostly due to a dead realm. My guild all transfered to another server and because I don't have $200 to invest in moving a few of my and my husbands characters (and no way am I re-rolling characters I have had since I started in vanilla) it was bye bye to WoW. Maybe if they made it free or really cheap (package deals) to move my characters I would reconsider...but if I am gonna have to re-roll on a busier realm I may as well get into a new better looking MMORPG than stick it out with WoW, because I just have no desire to level though BC content again, much less cata or Pandaria...BC is so dated it depresses me when I go there...wrath is also becoming more dated than I would like (LK is about the only save it has since he is just so cool). Other than that, why bother? I don't feel like blizz cares too much about what the players want/need and in turn I just don't care to keep spending my money on a game that is full of dead realms and only a few really decent ones (I found around 7 I could tolerate playing on, and obviously that isn't very much out of the whole pot of realms there are to choose from).

    The community is also an issue...but that's not something blizz can really control since trolls and such are a part of every MMO community. But that aside...WoW used to be a game I could get on and enjoy...now I fly around trying to think of things to do aside from my LFR...and as a person who loves raiding I'd much rather be doing normal mode or hard modes...it just doesn't have much that is appealing to me at the moment, and until blizzard fixes the issues (not just make another micro transaction MMORPG...you spend WAY more on micro transactions then you would a monthly fee) I won't be playing any time soon if ever again, and it makes me sad because I have had a lot of fun in WoW over the years...I felt depressed leaving my characters behind but that's just the way it is. I quit for three months, came back for a month and just had no fun what-so-ever so I decided it was time to give it up. Maybe next expansion will be better...
    Blizzard CAN CONTROL the community but their official forums admins are useless ASSHOLES. They spend their time writing "For the lulz" one liners in 72 page "For the lulz" threads while there's 100 other threads appearing at the same time about REAL GAME problems just asking to be ACKNOWLEDGED.

    Then they delete threads with Blizzard criticism or ban players who get angry and throw the random "fuck you" in threads filled with 3 pages worth of trolls writing "TLDR" or "QQ" or "The game is fine". Trolls which go free for 8 years without a single ban or slap on the wrist, people who are acidic and hateful to anyone who threatens their safe little status quo and pixel glory, the same people who link your arena rating and call you invalid for making PVP comments in a BG thread.

    Don't get me started on what BLIZZARD DOESN'T DO to control the lowlives in their community, the same fat losers who come to my computer science classes and lash out at people for asking questions then dish out some lame excuse when they say something stupid and the teachers make a point to laugh at them for their constant arrogance.

    I haven't even scratched 1% of the surface of how little blizzard does to control their community. I'd rather read a forum filled with curse words than read a forum filled with arrogant passive-aggressive bastards with no real backbone to backup their claims except for what difficulty they cleared a raid in or what arena rating they got.

  19. #99
    Scarab Lord Anjerith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The apotheosis of all Deserts
    Posts
    4,915
    15$ a month is nothing. I guarantee that the healthiest person in the world spends more money on some oddball addiction or obsession than 15$ a month.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    15$ a month is nothing. I guarantee that the healthiest person in the world spends more money on some oddball addiction or obsession than 15$ a month.
    So if I spend 15$ a month on weed that justifies 15$/month for WoW's lackluster content? How does this make any sense in any space-time continuum?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •