Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by ElvenArcher View Post
    So if I spend 15$ a month on weed that justifies 15$/month for WoW's lackluster content? How does this make any sense in any space-time continuum?
    Of course we're working under the assumption that people who pay for it do actually still enjoy the game.

  2. #102
    I am Murloc! Anjerith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The apotheosis of all Deserts
    Posts
    5,013
    Quote Originally Posted by ElvenArcher View Post
    So if I spend 15$ a month on weed that justifies 15$/month for WoW's lackluster content? How does this make any sense in any space-time continuum?
    Why would you spend 15$ a month on something you don't like? That makes no sense in "any space-time contiuum", as you so intelligently put it.

    The question was "Would you return to the game for cheaper payment plans?" which assumes that you enjoy the game, but do not have the money to pay 15$ a month on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by -Clay- View Post
    Of course we're working under the assumption that people who pay for it do actually still enjoy the game.
    And I believe that a lot of the people who say that are lying for the sake of lying. You cannot tell me you enjoy logging in for the 150th time and thinking "Ok, I'm gonna re-do the same daily quests on 1 or more characters today, then do the same raids for the 20th time today, then farm some rare world boss for some rare item for the 200th time."

    If they tell me they log in for PVP I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, since for 5$/month I'd return for PVP as well, although like I said, it would be a love-hate relationship even then.

  4. #104
    I am Murloc! Anjerith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The apotheosis of all Deserts
    Posts
    5,013
    Quote Originally Posted by ElvenArcher View Post
    And I believe that a lot of the people who say that are lying for the sake of lying. You cannot tell me you enjoy logging in for the 150th time and thinking "Ok, I'm gonna re-do the same daily quests on 1 or more characters today, then do the same raids for the 20th time today, then farm some rare world boss for some rare item for the 200th time."

    If they tell me they log in for PVP I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, since for 5$/month I'd return for PVP as well, although like I said, it would be a love-hate relationship even then.
    That is your opinion. To elaborate on your opinion, you believe that every person that plays WoW does it because they hate the game and do not mind spending their money on something they don't like.

    I do not usually stoop to the incredible level of trolling that this forum usually has to deal with, and will probably get a mark for this, but;

    Are you stupid?
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by ElvenArcher View Post
    And I believe that a lot of the people who say that are lying for the sake of lying. You cannot tell me you enjoy logging in for the 150th time and thinking "Ok, I'm gonna re-do the same daily quests on 1 or more characters today, then do the same raids for the 20th time today, then farm some rare world boss for some rare item for the 200th time."
    Nope. You're right. Because I don't do the things you mentioned. I run 2/3 raid days with my guild, do basic equip maintenance, that's ~10 hours a week. Rest of the time I avoid the treadmill-content and do what i please. There are so many ways to play the game secluded from the way most people think they HAVE to play it. And realising that saves me from getting bored even after all the years, while still being able to partake in current content.
    Of course every now and then there's a slight motivation bump, no worries, take a break and do other stuff.
    Maybe I'm lucky with the people I play with, but it's never been a problem to lose interest for a short while. We don't aim to clear all current hc content, so there's no need to religiously hunt down every last cap and raid lockout...
    Last edited by -Clay-; 2013-05-09 at 02:02 PM.

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    That is your opinion. To elaborate on your opinion, you believe that every person that plays WoW does it because they hate the game and do not mind spending their money on something they don't like.

    I do not usually stoop to the incredible level of trolling that this forum usually has to deal with, and will probably get a mark for this, but;

    Are you stupid?
    Thanks for calling my opinions "trolling". If I wanted to deal with this kind of BS language I'd stick with the official forums. A lot of people in WoW are masochistic, that's the simple truth of it, no need to elaborate on that, and that's all I'll say to you since I honestly don't want to converse with the regular "lol troll" mindset.

    Quote Originally Posted by -Clay- View Post
    Nope. You're right. Because I don't do the things you mentioned. I run 2/3 raid days with my guild, do basic equip maintenance, that's ~10 hours a week. Rest of the time I avoid the treadmill-content and do what i please. There are so many ways to play the game secluded from the way most people think they HAVE to play it. And realising that saves me from getting bored even after all the years, while still being able to partake in current content.
    Of course every now and then there's a slight motivation bump, no worries, take a break and do other stuff.
    Maybe I'm lucky with the people I play with, but it's never been a problem to lose interest for a short while. We don't aim to clear all current hc content, so there's no need to religiously hunt down every last cap and raid lockout...
    I love your avatar.

  7. #107
    Herald of the Titans serenka's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Berkshire - South England
    Posts
    2,851
    i think they should drop the sub to £4.99, and drop the prices of server/faction transfers. for an old game they still charge too much imo, especially on things like transfers. wanting you to pay £15 ontop of the sub you're paying just to play with friends. drop the sub to £4.99 and transfers to £5.
    dragonmaw - EU

  8. #108
    its not about the money though i do feel to lure new players in they should let the leveling experience be free. they can do SOME pvp and dungeons but gain no currency or rep. i mean face it how many of us that started many moons ago picked a toon and then wasnt to happy with it when we got to the point of "ok i need to play this spec this way to raid or to pvp" and we either stuck with it or spent a VERY long time rerolling. I would pay double the price for BC quality raiding again.

    I do think its time they reduced the price of their "premium" services by at least half. If you have a toon on a low pop server you can move it for free and that toon is placed on a month transfer CD.

    I would like to see faction change stopped its one of the main reasons there is such faction imbalance.. that and blizzard has favored horde pretty heavily since cata... they did it just to make money and its worked dont get me wrong but esp on my server BDF the top 2 or 3 alliance guilds went horde then others followed them and the server has never been the same since. prob going on 4-5 years now.

    There are many things they could do to "fix" issues all the QoL changes they made have hurt the community in the long run imo... but they wont they are going to milk it and suck as much money from players as they can.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

  9. #109
    I would probably still play once in a while if it went free to play, right now I don't think it's worth it to keep paying 15 euros a month for it.

  10. #110
    Nope, I rather waste my time on NW.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-09 at 02:01 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    So bad you continue to read WoW related threads? I'll stake $1000 that you are still subbed, just mad you got nothing in LFR this week

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-06 at 01:54 AM ----------



    Same for you as I said to the other guy. If you aren't interested, why are you here? O.o
    bored at work and trolling fanbois..I'd take that $1k bet btw.
    I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •