1. #1
    The Patient Ogawdspider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Right behind you!
    Posts
    324

    Question Green Fire time limit?

    Does anyone know if there is going to be a day where you are no longer able to get the green fire?

    I only ask because i am currently deployed and i do not want to miss out on it.

  2. #2
    No, there won't be.

  3. #3
    The Patient Ogawdspider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Right behind you!
    Posts
    324
    Quote Originally Posted by Banawani View Post
    No, there won't be.
    I don't necessarily doubt you.. but do you have any kind of proof? Maybe a blue post or something of that nature?

  4. #4
    Common sense. They spent a lot of their time making the content. They're not just going to throw it away. It's not a random prestige mount or something.

  5. #5
    Legendary! Thelxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    6,351
    Blizzard has said that they want the quest to nerf itself and become easier over time for new warlocks in better gear, obviously implying that it ain't going anywhere anytime soon.

  6. #6
    There's no reason for the quest to ever be removed.

  7. #7
    On the other hand, this stuff is already getting out of hand; green fire warlock here, green fire warlock there, it's almost like there wasn't anyone not having it. Guess that's what would likely happen if they ever decided to make legendaries transmoggable...

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by The Kao View Post
    On the other hand, this stuff is already getting out of hand; green fire warlock here, green fire warlock there, it's almost like there wasn't anyone not having it. Guess that's what would likely happen if they ever decided to make legendaries transmoggable...
    And it used to be dreadsteed here, charger there.
    Those were equally possible to overgear.
    So your point is what exactly ?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by The Kao View Post
    On the other hand, this stuff is already getting out of hand; green fire warlock here, green fire warlock there, it's almost like there wasn't anyone not having it. Guess that's what would likely happen if they ever decided to make legendaries transmoggable...
    pallies in judgement here pallies in judgement there ... stuff goes outa style dude ...
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

  10. #10
    What they should do though is scale the fight per tier. So that the difficulty is still high. So that next tier, and next xpack, not everyone and their mom as green fire.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by The Kao View Post
    On the other hand, this stuff is already getting out of hand; green fire warlock here, green fire warlock there, it's almost like there wasn't anyone not having it. Guess that's what would likely happen if they ever decided to make legendaries transmoggable...
    The fight is frustrating and fun at the same time, which made it rewarding once I finally beat him. However, it should stay open for everyone to see the fight eventually. This is an MMO with millions of people playing, there's no reason to expect to be a unique snow flake with anything. Most legendaries are still available, why should a color change in spells be weighed more heavily than that?

    @OP: I don't have an exact quote, but they said the fight itself will be self nerfing as players get more gear. As others have mentioned, I would understand that as it will be in for a while, if not indefinitely.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

  12. #12
    Idk man, they got rid of the priest benediction quest and the hunter lok'delar quest.

    If they do it won't be for a while I would assume.

  13. #13
    I have never understood the "out of hand" sort of comments. The whole point of green fire is for people to get it, not for people to try to get it but fail. Right now I'd say they've nailed the balance rather perfectly, with a hard but doable fight that's completely execution based with no luck involved. People who put in the time, read the strats, learn the mechanics, and eventually get the gear to cover their errors will get it. But the "unwashed masses" still won't, not even if they have 5.4 gear.

    Will they cut it off at the end of MoP, because it'll be trivial afterward? Maybe. But if they don't, and it becomes par for the course, I ask you this: had they never done the solo scenario, and had said "At the end of the questline, you go to the Altar of Damnation to get your green fire!" - would you still have the reaction that other people shouldn't be able to get it?


    You got your green fire when it was a challenge. That you can be proud of. Some scrub doing it a year later doesn't diminish that any more than people facerolling Sha of Fear diminishes the world first kill.

  14. #14
    It's not even fun, everyone in raid complains that either green fire lags them or causes them to run into eye sores on Durumu/"CANT SEE THE GROUND WITH ALL THIS GREEN HELLFIRE SHIT" - so can't even use ;(

  15. #15
    I would be very suprised if they did that, though I think they should imploment some sort of item level scaling (similar to challenge modes) for that scenario.

  16. #16
    The Patient Ogawdspider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Right behind you!
    Posts
    324
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirayne24 View Post
    @OP: I don't have an exact quote, but they said the fight itself will be self nerfing as players get more gear. As others have mentioned, I would understand that as it will be in for a while, if not indefinitely.

    Thank you for that, it is what i wanted to hear. I hope to be back in time to still have a challenge in front of me. I acquired my dreadsteed when it was still a quest and have the feat of strength achiev to prove it. I really just don't want to miss out on some good ol' warlock fun!

  17. #17
    High Overlord Nitromonger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lansing, MI
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabidewok View Post
    It's not even fun, everyone in raid complains that either green fire lags them or causes them to run into eye sores on Durumu/"CANT SEE THE GROUND WITH ALL THIS GREEN HELLFIRE SHIT" - so can't even use ;(

    Off topic, why would green cause anyone to lag anymore than red/orange? afaik its still rendered graphics regardless, but I can understand not being able to see different effects I suppose. It wouldn't be any different than fire on Rag however would it?

    OT, they didn't remove the Dreadsteed quests until when? Cata? My guess is the questline will be here for quite awhile.

  18. #18
    The Dreadsteed quest was removed alot earlier then cata, i belive somewhere in TBC it was removed and made into a spell all warlocks got at lvl 60, which was a shame since the final part was fun, but times go on.

  19. #19
    It's TOMORROW OH MY GOD DO IT NOW!

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampyren View Post
    The Dreadsteed quest was removed alot earlier then cata, i belive somewhere in TBC it was removed and made into a spell all warlocks got at lvl 60, which was a shame since the final part was fun, but times go on.
    It was removed much later than that, they *did* make it trainable from your trainer, but you could still go the "cheap" route and do the quest line instead and get the FoS (I know because I did it on my BE paladin for the charger).

    Bit of digging and found this (with regards to changes coming to old azeroth in 4.0):

    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Azeroth is on the eve of a dramatic transformation, and as World of Warcraft changes, sometimes the old must go to make way for the new. Since the world elements that support them will be gone, many aging quests will exist only in the mists of the past.

    In particular, there's been some confusion regarding lower-level class specific quests that can no longer be completed. Never fear: class mounts and abilities remain available via class trainers, even though the quests associated with them are no longer available. Also, there are several low and mid-level weapons, trinkets and robes that were once awarded via class specific quests which are no longer available and their associated quests have been removed.

    We are looking forward to offering new quests, quest lines and rewards as players level through World of Warcraft: Cataclysm instead. For example, we plan a level 20 dungeon based quest which will offer weapon rewards appropriate to all classes. There will also be a similar level 50 dungeon quest which has a headpiece reward.
    Last edited by jaymzkerten; 2013-05-06 at 10:12 PM.
    Awesome Sig of Awesome courtesy of Shyama | Warlock Soloing & Progress
    Pokemon X FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Steel safari with Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •