Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    It seems really op to be honest, I'm not really sure if it'll be worth to use LFR version of this gear.
    It won't matter in 5.3. Everything will be 498.

    I've tried this this patch and the burst is MASSIVE, but you die crazy fast. It's currently not worth it unless you're doing burst 2s where something will die in your opener.

  2. #22
    Legendary! Holo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    In the Shadows
    Posts
    6,288
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Maybe. I would definitely recommend bringing 535 if you have it. But are you seeing rogues doing this? And do you think you will in 5.3, with the gear shrunk down to 496?
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    It seems really op to be honest, I'm not really sure if it'll be worth to use LFR version of this gear.
    Ilvl is going to be locked to 496 in 5.3 anyway. There is no reason to bring any higher than LFR because it will have exactly the same stats.

    i5-3570k @ 4.4GHz|8GB DDR3 1600MHz|EVGA GTX 670 FTW x2 SLI|Samsung 830 128GB SSD

  3. #23
    Yea, in 5.3. I'm saying that, on live, I'm not convinced it's worth bringing 522s to arena- not only do you give up power, but you give up giant chunks of resil- both of which are part of the 2 and 4 piece. Obviously in 5.3 LFR = Normal = Heroic, and you get your normal amount of resil, but still lack the power and larger energy pool.

  4. #24
    Legendary! Holo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    In the Shadows
    Posts
    6,288
    Only 4 piece gives resil. It's significant though, 1k bonus alone.

    i5-3570k @ 4.4GHz|8GB DDR3 1600MHz|EVGA GTX 670 FTW x2 SLI|Samsung 830 128GB SSD

  5. #25
    Legendary! Ryme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    In a field, somewhere
    Posts
    6,366
    It's possible they may just turn off pve set bonuses in pvp and vice versa - I can't imagine this will be the last and only instance of a pve set bonus being broken in pvp.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh


  6. #26
    Tbh, i hope they do so. It's just the fact that if i want to PvP, i should be able to gear up and get better only through PvP and same for PvE.

    Any tentative to "merge" the two aspects of the game results in Opness and/or failure, so better treat them as separate things.

  7. #27
    Legendary! Holo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    In the Shadows
    Posts
    6,288
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Tbh, i hope they do so. It's just the fact that if i want to PvP, i should be able to gear up and get better only through PvP and same for PvE.

    Any tentative to "merge" the two aspects of the game results in Opness and/or failure, so better treat them as separate things.
    Blizzard wants people with PvE gear to stand a chance in PvP. That is the first step they do wrong already. If you want to PvP, get PvP gear. If you want to PvE, get PvE gear. Simple as that.

    But no, blizzard rather plays hardball.

    i5-3570k @ 4.4GHz|8GB DDR3 1600MHz|EVGA GTX 670 FTW x2 SLI|Samsung 830 128GB SSD

  8. #28
    Tbh, i can see the point of that because "hey, i want to start PvP and i don't have any gear, i need to make it some way".

    But then, random BGs. Gear counts nearly nothing there - it's just mindless farm until you get your honor pieces then start to do some organized arena/rbg.

    It's like LFR - you need the gear for a progression feeling, not like because you actually need it.

  9. #29
    Legendary! Ryme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    In a field, somewhere
    Posts
    6,366
    To be honest, seperating the set bonuses works fine really. Stops gear being broken outside of it's natural home, and gives incentive to get the primary gear of activity - you'll be fine in pve gear in pvp, but you'll get bonuses for using the right gear and vice versa.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh


  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    Code:
    0.00 seconds Ambush: 65e - 24 + 10
    0.70 seconds Ambush: 51e - 24 + 10 + 8
    1.40 seconds Eviscerate: 45e - 21 + 10 + 25
    2.10 seconds Ambush: 59e - 24 + 10 + 8
    2.80 seconds Ambush: 53e - 24 + 10
    3.50 seconds Ambush: 39e - 24 + 10 + 8
    4.20 seconds Eviscerate: 33e - 21 + 10 + 25
    4.90 seconds Ambush: 48e - 24 + 10 + 8
    5.60 seconds Ambush: 41e - 24 + 10
    6.30 seconds Ambush: 27e - 24 + 10 + 8
    7.00 seconds Eviscerate: 21e - 21 + 10 + 25
    7.70 seconds Ambush: 35e - 24 + 10 + 8
    You are WAY overstating your energy income here (by about 42% to be more specific, which haste will compensate for, but I doubt you have 42% haste from gear--that's over 17k haste), if I am right in assuming the +10 and +8 are baseline regen and energetic recovery. They still stay at 10/sec and 8/2sec even with the reduced GCD.
    Last edited by shadowboy; 2013-05-07 at 07:38 PM.

  11. #31
    Legendary! Holo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    In the Shadows
    Posts
    6,288
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowboy View Post
    You are WAY overstating your energy income here (by about 42% to be more specific, which haste will compensate for, but I doubt you have 42% haste from gear--that's over 17k haste), if I am right in assuming the +10 and +8 are baseline regen and energetic recovery. They still stay at 10/sec and 8/2sec even with the reduced GCD.
    You're right, i put in those regen numbers for a 1sec GCD and totally forgot to adjust it. My bad, I'll fix it in a sec.

    All that it's going to change is the required starting energy though.. it won't make the damage any less.

    Right, fixed it now. Dancing max damage actually does require a full energy bar afterall and you'll be completely dry when it ends.
    Honestly I knew it was too good to be true, thanks for the catch.
    Last edited by Holo; 2013-05-07 at 08:34 PM.

    i5-3570k @ 4.4GHz|8GB DDR3 1600MHz|EVGA GTX 670 FTW x2 SLI|Samsung 830 128GB SSD

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    You don't really see anyone use it, hence.
    Probably because basing everything on a 3-minutes CD isn't really viable now that most setups have immunities, or at least very powerful defensive spells (e.g. life swap, etc.). As some have already stated, you loose a ton of pvp power, and your evis are really low compared to what they would have been with full PvP gear. But it works very well at low rating, and in outdoor / BG / 2s.

    And yeah, people notice that when it hit them. Get tons of insulting whispers every time. :'(

    (Check my stream if you want to see it in action btw, I spend most of my time doing conquest cap boost with 4p 535, link is below.)

  13. #33
    Legendary! Holo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    In the Shadows
    Posts
    6,288
    Quote Originally Posted by Draigars View Post
    Probably because basing everything on a 3-minutes CD isn't really viable now that most setups have immunities, or at least very powerful defensive spells (e.g. life swap, etc.). As some have already stated, you loose a ton of pvp power, and your evis are really low compared to what they would have been with full PvP gear. But it works very well at low rating, and in outdoor / BG / 2s.

    And yeah, people notice that when it hit them. Get tons of insulting whispers every time. :'(

    (Check my stream if you want to see it in action btw, I spend most of my time doing conquest cap boost with 4p 535, link is below.)
    PvP power's value is diminished significantly in 5.3, you will hardly notice the difference. Also, if you solely use it for kill oppertunities (which you can, because the cooldown is the longest we got anyway) then it WILL kill. Aside from that, there are classes that can dispell immunities.

    Still don't get why people buy "boosts" for cap though, just join and instaleave a queue pop and you can faceroll at 800 mmr :/
    Last edited by Holo; 2013-05-07 at 11:54 PM.

    i5-3570k @ 4.4GHz|8GB DDR3 1600MHz|EVGA GTX 670 FTW x2 SLI|Samsung 830 128GB SSD

  14. #34
    Yeah. It will kill. But outside of that very, very small window, you're sitting here with useless PvE gear, which means that you're dealing less than you would with malev gear, and you're taking TONS of damage due to having only 4k5 resi.

    Again, it is viable in 2s or outdoor, but not in games that last more than an opening burst.

    As for the cap boosts, probably because 1500 golds is worth not having to wait for ages to lower mmr and still face absurdly geared opponents, plus people buying it are generally still wearing greens and pve blues.

  15. #35
    This was the first thing that came to my mind when i first saw the bonus. Many rogues will use 4 set PVE for the sheer killing power it offers. I will for sure use it in 2s.

  16. #36
    Legendary! Holo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    In the Shadows
    Posts
    6,288
    Quote Originally Posted by Draigars View Post
    Yeah. It will kill. But outside of that very, very small window, you're sitting here with useless PvE gear, which means that you're dealing less than you would with malev gear, and you're taking TONS of damage due to having only 4k5 resi.
    You won't get it will you?

    You won't be losing ANY resilience in 5.3. And the loss of a little power is just worth it.

    i5-3570k @ 4.4GHz|8GB DDR3 1600MHz|EVGA GTX 670 FTW x2 SLI|Samsung 830 128GB SSD

  17. #37
    I was talking about live, and not 5.3 - not specially answering your precise post #34 but the whole question in this thread that nobody has really answered: why people don't use it.

    As for 5.3, losing 39 iLvl for each piece of set won't make it interesting enough in my opinion, even with the nerf of pvp power.

  18. #38
    Legendary! Holo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    In the Shadows
    Posts
    6,288
    Quote Originally Posted by Draigars View Post
    I was talking about live, and not 5.3 - not specially answering your precise post #34 but the whole question in this thread that nobody has really answered: why people don't use it.

    As for 5.3, losing 39 iLvl for each piece of set won't make it interesting enough in my opinion, even with the nerf of pvp power.
    There is no loss on anything but pvp power. If anything it becomes a WHOLE lot more interesting.

    i5-3570k @ 4.4GHz|8GB DDR3 1600MHz|EVGA GTX 670 FTW x2 SLI|Samsung 830 128GB SSD

  19. #39
    535 items becoming 496, and you claim there's no loss?

    kay

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Draigars View Post
    535 items becoming 496, and you claim there's no loss?

    kay
    496 vs. other 496 gear. I don't think (I could've missed it) there was any assumption people would be using heroic tier in order to get the ilevel bonus - the conversation's really been directly about pvp power vs. 4-set PvE bonus, which is exactly what matters. If people were talking ilevel advantage in 5.3, that's a bit silly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    Ilvl is going to be locked to 496 in 5.3 anyway. There is no reason to bring any higher than LFR because it will have exactly the same stats.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •