10+ Year Old Account

Dolphin computer of the month setup

So I'll admit I am not good with computers, and this may be a dumb question. Does the setup for the Dolphin computer listed 05-05-2013 have the capability of running WoW on ultra settings while still getting good fps? If not Ultra how high could I push it? I need to build a new computer for hopefully under 800 bucks and hell if that setup can give me everything I need it would make searching and asking around a whole lot easier.

All I do on my computer is pretty much game and watch videos/movies, but I want something that can give me the best of it.

Dolphin setup:

Case: NZXT Source 210

Power Supply: XFX Core Edition PRO 550W

CPU: AMD FX-6300

Heatsink:Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

Motherboard: ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 AM3+ 990FX

Memory: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600

Graphics: Gigabyte 7850 2 GB or Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 2GB

Hard drive:Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB

DvD:Asus 24X SATA DVD+/-RW

Also curious if there is anything I can downgrade like the Harddrive(I don't think i'll need 1 TB) to upgrade things that actually increase performance, without raising the price to much higher.

No need for a 990 board if you're not going SLI/Xfire, I don't know why that board is even on on the Dolphin build. Get a 970 board like this and spend the extra $40 on a 7870 XT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

Seems like Chaud went for interchangeable parts in the lower two tier computers this time instead of previous low end Intel which leads into Dolphin being really really bad value for money when it comes to WoW. Unless you're able and willing to overclock the shit out of that processor it's practically zero improvement over the Puppy setup and the extra $200 you spent will not show anywhere in WoW framerates.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.