Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The New Standard: Safeguard Banner Macro

Hello all, Tochi-Sargeras here!

I just finished testing a new macro I wrote for Banner Intervening. I explain how it works in this video, but will also post the macro below. Tell me what you think. Hope you like as much as I do!!!

Edit: Here is the link. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcoW4q_zinM
    "The New Standard: Safeguard Banner Macro, Perfected!" by mastermacromix on Youtube

Macro:

#showtooltip Mocking Banner
    /targetexact Skull Banner
    /targetexact Demoralizing banner
    /targetexact Mocking Banner
    /cast [noraid, noparty, noharm] Intervene
    /targetlasttarget [noraid, noparty, noharm, exists]
    /cast Mocking Banner

Also, I would like to thank Bagofshrimp and Chocomilkkid of Sargeras for helping me as Testers of this macro. Please, ACTUALLY TRY IT before you post a comment! You can view my orignal thread entitled: "The New Standard: Warrior Banner Macro" Edit: HERE!!! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8728253326

Your welcome warriors!

---------- Post added 2013-04-29 at 01:48 AM ----------

[/COLOR]Update: More Advanced Version With Double Banner Placement (someone requested):

(OPTIONAL READ NOTE) #showtooltip [modifier:shift] Mocking Banner; Demoralizing Banner

/cast [noraid, noparty, noharm] Intervene
    /cast [modifier:shift] Mocking Banner; Demoralizing Banner

This version will place a Demo Banner normally, and a Mocking Banner when shift is held down. It will safeguard your banner regardless of whether shift is held.

Note- If you have an addon that can produce macros greater than 255 characters you can add first line to the top of the macro to make tracking the remaining cooldown easier.
    Last edited by Tochi; 2013-05-01 at 12:34 AM.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Is this a J4 macro?

EDIT: Yes it is
    Last edited by mrchee; 2013-04-29 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrchee View Post
    Is this a J4 macro?

EDIT: Yes it is
    I by "J4" you mean just for, then yes, this a macro just for Banner Intervening. It is specifically designed to ONLY Intervene/Safeguard Banners. It is IMPOSSIBLE to intervene a player using this macro! Also, your target will NEVER be changed regardless of what you are targeting when you press the macro. You will always remain targeting THE SAME target when using this macro. Other banner intervene macros lack the ability to accomplish this without changing your target. Yes, this is the Intervene Macro you've been waiting for!

10+ Year Old Account
    When do people use banner intervening? It seems to be extremely situational and something you wont use very often.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurik View Post
    When do people use banner intervening? It seems to be extremely situational and something you wont use very often.
    Mainly in pvp.

Deleted
    Pvp, safeguard to break roots.

Deleted
    What's with all those exclusions? "noraid, noparty, noharm" etc - why wouldn't you want to intervene your banner in a raid/party if you hit a macro specifically designed to intervene your banner... unless you'd also include options to intervene regular folks otherwise (eg: with /targetfriendly).

And what's with that overdrawn title instead of just posting it into the fitting macro thread for warriors, it's not like this is the macro that solves all our problem with on click.

I suppose I can give it a try later but I really dont see the need for it. My banner safeguard macro has literally never failed before and works quickly with no issues and doesnt break my target.

To break out of roots and also it works as a "poor man"s teleport".

thank you so much for this.
    i thought having a macro that functions properly was something impossible.
    appreciate you sharing this.

Thanks

First of all,i'd like to thank OP for a very interesting and helpful macro.

Since i use many macros and shortcuts there is a huge clatter and i couldn't add the macro without removing something else, so i decided to enhance it a bit to include heroic leap.

#showtooltip heroic leap
    /cast [noraid, noparty] Intervene
    /castsequence reset=30 heroic leap, Mocking Banner

First use is target for heroic leap , second and third is target for banner and intervene respectively .
    (If you have the glyph leave it at 30,if not, you should edit to 45).

However this kinda negates the instant root breaking since the first ability is heroic leap but still is fine as second usage and/or just to travel further fast.

Once again, credit to original poster and i hope i helped a bit too.

Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    I suppose I can give it a try later but I really dont see the need for it. My banner safeguard macro has literally never failed before and works quickly with no issues and doesnt break my target.
    The main difference you will notice is your ability to target anything you want and still safeguard your banners. Other/Old macros also tend to randomly switch targets if you don't have a banner up when pressed. Mine does not.[COLOR="red"]
    Last edited by Tochi; 2013-04-30 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    What's with all those exclusions? "noraid, noparty, noharm" etc - why wouldn't you want to intervene your banner in a raid/party if you hit a macro specifically designed to intervene your banner... unless you'd also include options to intervene regular folks otherwise (eg: with /targetfriendly).

And what's with that overdrawn title instead of just posting it into the fitting macro thread for warriors, it's not like this is the macro that solves all our problem with on click.
    Haha, actually, you have it backwards. The exclusions in the macro are what make sure you intervene your banner, without changing your target. I suppose I'll explain the specifics.

In the first part of the macro, "/targetexact [Banner]" is there so that your target will not change to a random person with a similiar name such as "Mocker", or "Demoguy", when a banner is NOT up.

The exclusions in "/cast [noraid, noparty] Intervene" are designed so that you will not intervene a party/raid member, instead of your banner, if you are targeting a party/raid member when the macro is pressed. As you know, its already impossible to intervene a friendly player out of group.

Finally, the exclusions in "/targetlasttarget [noraid, noparty, noharm, exists]" prevents your target from changing, unless the previous parts of the macro have been successfully executed against a banner, in which case, your last target is your original target, before you intervened your banner. This basically means that regardless of what you were targeting before you pressed the macro, you will still be targeting that target. Hope that helps!
    Last edited by Tochi; 2013-04-30 at 09:28 AM.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tochi View Post
    I by "J4" you mean just for, then yes, this a macro just for Banner Intervening. It is specifically designed to ONLY Intervene/Safeguard Banners. It is IMPOSSIBLE to intervene a player using this macro! Also, your target will NEVER be changed regardless of what you are targeting when you press the macro. You will always remain targeting THE SAME target when using this macro. Other banner intervene macros lack the ability to accomplish this without changing your target. Yes, this is the Intervene Macro you've been waiting for!
    J4 = Jarvan IV from League of Legends. He is a polearm warrior type champ released in 2011. He can throw down standards just like Warrior in MOP (I believe Blizz took the idea from Jarvan actually) and has another move that pulls him to his standard. Although in his case it also deals damage to enemies in the line and stuns them for 1 second.

Jarvan IV aka J4, and his battle standard:
    Last edited by mrchee; 2013-04-30 at 04:27 AM.

Haha, I should have known. That's awesome. I actually play as Karthus, and Rammus occasionally. Max level, but I'm still kind of noob at that game! lol
    Last edited by Tochi; 2013-04-30 at 11:38 PM.

Deleted
    Is it possible to do /cast [@target] (where target would be changed to Demo banner for example?)

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    Is it possible to do /cast [@target] (where target would be changed to Demo banner for example?)
    I don't think its possible to include multiple Banners that way. Also, I tried almost every macro (used for the same purpose) possible over a three hour period, and have posted the macro above because IT IS that much better than all the rest.

Deleted
    There is a sticky for warrior macros, I don't see the need for a specific thread like this. A safeguard/banner macro has been out for long now, it's not like you're a genious or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Distinkt View Post
    There is a sticky for warrior macros, I don't see the need for a specific thread like this. A safeguard/banner macro has been out for long now, it's not like you're a genious or anything.
    This macro does things other macros won't. Test it. You'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Distinkt View Post
    This macro solves all of the other problems with EVERY previous safeguard to banner Macro. I think it deserves it's own post, since no one could think of it before Tochi.