Please explain to me how rogues are overpowered (read)

Support this thread and also suggestions/comments please.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7427293125

If you can't see how rogues are stupid overpowered, you must only be playing a rogue.

I don't agree with the 5.3 nerfs for rogues (I think they're gonna make rogues stupid underpowered which is just as bad) but your post is just full of fail and not helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post
    If you can't see how rogues are stupid overpowered, you must only be playing a rogue.

I don't agree with the 5.3 nerfs for rogues (I think they're gonna make rogues stupid underpowered which is just as bad) but your post is just full of fail and not helpful.
    I don't agree that rogues will be underpowered with the 5.3 changes. I do agree that OP's post is full of fail.

Rogues will be keeping the only buff they ever needed: baseline prep. Everything else was entirely unecessary coming into 5.2 with other specs that were overshadowing rogues getting nerfed.

Now all that's left is curbing the utter stupidity that is unholy dk's. And no, the sudden doom nerf is not nearly enough; hell, that nerf is practically useless. It's akin to warriors losing one of their two overpower procs from ms while being in defensive stance while still keeping battle stance rage gen.

And then following that a massive blanket nerf to ranged across the board.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Stealth.

Sap.

Multiple Stuns.

Cloak of Shadows.

Vanish.

Smoke Bomb.

Huge burst dps.

High evasion and decent self healing.

Glad to have answered your question. When a player can sneak up on you and take half your healthbar away in a few seconds, then avoid any retaliation, something is wrong. Unless you're a tank class, you nearly always need a teammate to take down a Rogue. And if you are a tank class, the Rogue can just vanish and walk away to find an easier target.

Rogues need to be MUCH more fragile if they want to keep their burst and cc and mobility.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Rogues will be keeping the only buff they ever needed: baseline prep. Everything else was entirely unecessary coming into 5.2 with other specs that were overshadowing rogues getting nerfed.
    It's not like we're going back to 5.1 except with baseline prep. They're losing find weakness damage and cs/garrote duration on top of that.

Rogues in arena, even in this stupid overpowered state, are nothing more than a support class. You control a target and burst with your partner, everything else is just foreplay. That control and burst is being toned down to levels lower than they were in 5.1, which is just bad. Being able to shadowstep every 24s isn't going to fix that.

Take away CoS, problem solved. I can live with all the rest, but CoS+Vanish is BEYOND annoying. If you commit, then fucking commit, most rogues are cowards and will run away.

Any class you cannot see, does an absurd amount of burst while having a very extensive CC list cannot possible be overpowered in any way.

Why can't Blizzard just give each class a strong niche?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    They feel quite strong atm, not sure about after patch until I see it in action. However this thread very much reminds me of vanilla WoW with everyone listing all the things that make rogues overpowered. And then rogues keeping those things for the next 10 years.

Deleted
    Most of the time it's just people not knowing how to deal with them. I have played rogue for years but nowadays it just sit there in dreadful gear. Anyway since I know pretty much everything about the class I don't have any problem beating them, of course if the rogue is very skilled I may end up losing.

It's the ability of being able to easily get away and reset the fight that's pissing people off.
    Would I consider them overpowered? No I do not but they are however strong.
    Last seasons warriors is a great example of a overpowered class.
    Last edited by mmocbd7275b6ea; 2013-05-06 at 06:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Support this" threads aren't allowed, since they don't promote actual discussion. Closing.
    (Shameless copy-paste from rogue section)