Raid lockouts - what about the last boss?

I'm looking to farm Burning Seeds from Firelands and I wonder if its possible to inherit a raid lockout if the final boss has been defeated? Ideally, I'd like to continually extend the lockout on a Firelands clear so I can stealth through trash to the seeds but I'm wondering if I can inherit the lockout if Rag is already dead. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Deleted
    I don't see why not, if you can get saved to 6/7 you can get saved to 7/7 as well.

Find someone will a full clear, group with them and switch to it heroic, zone in, accept and you're saved, done.

Deleted
    You don't need any lockout in order to get them! Just go to allysrazor, kill her trash and start the fight. Get the feathers and fly to domo!

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    You don't need any lockout in order to get them! Just go to allysrazor, kill her trash and start the fight. Get the feathers and fly to domo!
    Having a lockout with killed bosses means working portal, no need to waddle through trash and bother re-killing druids and their birdies. It might end up like only 10min saved/week, but killing them can get tedious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivrax View Post
    Having a lockout with killed bosses means working portal, no need to waddle through trash and bother re-killing druids and their birdies. It might end up like only 10min saved/week, but killing them can get tedious.
    I doubt it will save time at all, as you would have to get the lockouts from the alt to the main. This is done by having another player keep the group for you while you relog. I think that'll be too much of a hassle to be worth it!

There is no need to alt-swap if you are not actually aiming to kill specific boss. Just keep extending lockout on char you want the seeds indefinitely. Though I'm not sure if you can get saved to 7/7. Didn't new raids had been 'secured' in the manner that you can't be actually saved until at least one boss dies? I mean, even with the command/question prompt when you entered instance on-the-go, it didn't actually save you 'till you took part of boss kill.