Best off tier piece??

Im reading alot forum and Inspecting top hunters dps on WoL and I saw some hunters are using the Helm from Council Elders ] and some are using the leggins from Lei Shen

wich one is better for u guys, assuming u are avaible to get both.

The leggings off Lei Shen will be BiS.

The exception may be if you get the heroic helm off Council before you get the heroic leggings off H-Lei Shen, because generally ilvl trumps specific itemization, at least for hunters. In this case, I haven't done the math specifically on the legs, because they're real good with 3 red sockets and an agi bonus, but I doubt the 522 legs would beat the 535 helm.

Also, both pieces are crit/haste, which is optimal for hunters this tier, and the tier helm is hit/haste (still really useful) while the tier leggings are haste/mastery (arguably the "worst" itemization type for hunters, though it's not bad). This should make the leggings your first choice in whatever difficulty you run.

Since getting the HC legs from Lei Shen is really far away for many people, getting the HC Gaze (and then use the meta gem) is a LOT better, until you can get the optimal BiS gear.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The leggings off Lei Shen will be BiS.

The exception may be if you get the heroic helm off Council before you get the heroic leggings off H-Lei Shen, because generally ilvl trumps specific itemization, at least for hunters. In this case, I haven't done the math specifically on the legs, because they're real good with 3 red sockets and an agi bonus, but I doubt the 522 legs would beat the 535 helm.

Also, both pieces are crit/haste, which is optimal for hunters this tier, and the tier helm is hit/haste (still really useful) while the tier leggings are haste/mastery (arguably the "worst" itemization type for hunters, though it's not bad). This should make the leggings your first choice in whatever difficulty you run.
    One thing to add here - any "higher levelled"-gaze of garajal will outdo the legs of Lei Shen. That is to say, 541 gaze > 535 legs, 535 gaze > 528 legs and so forth. This is because our tier helm's socket bonus is a secondary stat, while Garajals is 180 agility - it essentially makes up for the difference in socket on the legs.

So, pick whichever of the two has the highest item level if both are aviable.