1. #1

    I do not seem to understand the changes of mana in low levels

    So, here I am. It all started 4 years ago when I created my wow account. I played hardcore for 2 years and quit. Now I am back in business after 2 years break and currently leveling another healing character, monk.

    You seem to get 100 mana each level. And that is 100 mana, no more, no less. You can tell by mana pool what level people are. I even put a trinket on me that gives 12 more intellect and it still was on 2800 mana. Leather specialization is supposed to give you 5% mana but it does not. At least not what is noticeable on the mana-pool since it keeps itself on the same amount.


    I just need a brief and short answer for this.


    Thank you
    GPU: Asus DCII 780 @ 1228 / 6700 CPU: i2500k @ 4,8 Ghz Motherboard: P8Z68-VPRO PSU: Corsair TX 850W
    CPU-Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Ram: Corsair 2x 4gb = 8gb CL9 1600mhz

    Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27inch 2560x1440 Mouse: G500s Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 Headset: Corsair 1500 SSD: Intel 520, 240gb

  2. #2
    Intellect doesn't increase your mana pool anymore, only spell power. Spirit is much more important than it used to be.

  3. #3
    Warchief Mehman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The moon
    Posts
    2,084
    Mana is now capped, intellect gives only spellpower, Leather Specialization gives Intellect, not mana.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    Intellect doesn't increase your mana pool anymore, only spell power. Spirit is much more important than it used to be.
    Ohh Okey. I thought so but what does increase the manapool? Spirit? (I also assume that spirit still gives you mana reg? )
    GPU: Asus DCII 780 @ 1228 / 6700 CPU: i2500k @ 4,8 Ghz Motherboard: P8Z68-VPRO PSU: Corsair TX 850W
    CPU-Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Ram: Corsair 2x 4gb = 8gb CL9 1600mhz

    Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27inch 2560x1440 Mouse: G500s Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 Headset: Corsair 1500 SSD: Intel 520, 240gb

  5. #5
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Moncton, Canada
    Posts
    25
    No stat increases your mana pool anymore. It goes up by a static amount as you level, so everyone has the same mana at max level.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    Intellect doesn't increase your mana pool anymore, only spell power. Spirit is much more important than it used to be.
    This. The only way to increase your max mana now is through the meta gem that's like 2% Max Mana or something and then the Mistweaver Monk talent that I think gives like 15% increased mana.

    Other than that you're going to be at a flat number the entire time, I guess they did this to make Spirit more important and decrease the value of Intellect, since before you could just stack Int as high as possible and not run out of mana because you had so much of it.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    So, here I am. It all started 4 years ago when I created my wow account. I played hardcore for 2 years and quit. Now I am back in business after 2 years break and currently leveling another healing character, monk.

    You seem to get 100 mana each level. And that is 100 mana, no more, no less. You can tell by mana pool what level people are. I even put a trinket on me that gives 12 more intellect and it still was on 2800 mana. Leather specialization is supposed to give you 5% mana but it does not. At least not what is noticeable on the mana-pool since it keeps itself on the same amount.


    I just need a brief and short answer for this.


    Thank you
    Mana pools are normalized now. All healers at level 90 have 300k mana. Intellect no longer directly impacts the amount of mana you have. It only impacts the strength of your healing spells. To my knowledge this is also a rule that effects lower levels. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though

  8. #8
    Alright thanks for all quick answers. I may just ask already if spirit still gives mana reg? I mean... what should give you mana reg if not spirit,, duh
    GPU: Asus DCII 780 @ 1228 / 6700 CPU: i2500k @ 4,8 Ghz Motherboard: P8Z68-VPRO PSU: Corsair TX 850W
    CPU-Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Ram: Corsair 2x 4gb = 8gb CL9 1600mhz

    Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27inch 2560x1440 Mouse: G500s Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 Headset: Corsair 1500 SSD: Intel 520, 240gb

  9. #9
    Yes, Spirit increases your mana regen like always. It's just more important now that we can't just boost our mana pools with Intellect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frioz View Post
    I find it to be a very common internet argument to use "all the people hate (insert whatever you hate)" therefore they should listen to all the people (just you).

  10. #10
    The only thing that actually increases your mana pool is the 2% mana increase meta gem in your head piece.
    But people generally prefer spirit + 3% crit still I think. I know I do.

    For high level I think it's a good change the mana pool is fixed, it actually makes spirit important again, since everyone just brutally ignored it in the past. (read: wotlk, cata. I was a mage in Vanilla, TBC, so I dunno how it was then.)

    At low level I've always felt the regen was too high actually, quite hard to go oom.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    Alright thanks for all quick answers. I may just ask already if spirit still gives mana reg? I mean... what should give you mana reg if not spirit,, duh
    There are a few things that increase your mana pool like meta gems but not by more than a few percent.

    Spirit = mana regen, yep! (But has nothing to do with health regen nowadays.)

  12. #12
    The Lightbringer Mokoshne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    getting a coffee
    Posts
    3,714
    your mana pool is now capped, (a gem can buff it 2%) but its now static.

    Alot of classes have baked in regen and healers use spirit to regen mana over time. Very important stat now, whereas before it was int that was used. While int is still important alot of healers now prioritize spirit until they are comfortable with a level of regen then get int for throughput.
    My weekly podcast can be downloaded here this week a chinese website sets up a way to rent a boyfriend. How much are you worth?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •