Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If the next ex-pack really is going to be burning legion I'll give it a go for the lore other wise this might be my last stop.
    "We don't need Blizz to nerf the content. We need it to be less terrible." - Totalbiscuit

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    I will stop playing whenever I do not enjoy it, which has happened a couple times. A break is a great solution. Whether they kill of any major lore characters or drasrically changes something most likely won't have an effect on whether I continue or not. Most of it is justified.

Well recently, i've been feeling a little burnt out, so i've switched playing classes three times this expansion after getting bored with two or three of them, but i can honestly say right now, that i'll probably quit, or become less likely to play when i cant find a class to entertain me anymore.

I've played since Vanilla (not quite from the beginning, but ust after MC was released) so i've had a long time playing alot of different classes so far, and im bored with most of them, so as others have said, it'll be when my enoyment runs out, which is looking likely now more than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by furydeath View Post
    If the next ex-pack really is going to be burning legion I'll give it a go for the lore other wise this might be my last stop.
    I hope it's not going to be Burning Legion. I want a "Rise of the Naga Queen" expansion first, where we visit all the islands in the South Seas as well as the Naga capital city - potentially risen up from the Maelstrom by the powerful magic of Queen Azshara as she begins to execute her long-forged plans to take revenge on the surface dwellers and claim the lands of Azeroth for herself and her people. To me, Queen Azshara is on par with the Lich King - making up for what she lacks in lore with more power. Throw in some troll raid, a bloodsail buccaneer raid with their leader as the last boss (forgot his name), and perhaps an old God and you got a hell of a lot of cool genuine Warcraft content.

After that I'd be more than happy to revisit the Burning Legion, although not too much, as in my opinion Kil'Jaeden (being the acting leader of the Burning Legion) should be the last boss of World of Warcraft, saving Sargeras - wherever his soul is wandering in the Twisting Nether - for unleashing new foes beyond World of Warcraft.

And regarding stopping to play World of Warcraft I have, unfortunetly, already stopped playing World of Warcraft - at least playing it the way I used to. That is, I don't raid or PvP anymore - or keep a steady subscription for that matter. But I'm pretty sure I'll always be comming back for a short visit every time they release an expansion, for as long as they do that (and I see no reason why expansions wouldn't keep on comming out for another decade or more, given that EverQuest is still getting new content).

If WildStar lives up to the hype.

Deleted
    When most of the content they make is daily quests and when they stop adding new dungeons.

Deleted
    When I feel that it's time to quit. Not within near future

10+ Year Old Account
    When I'm tired of it and don't want to play anymore. Or if every class got a tanking or healing spec.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Mostly repeating what everyone's said above, when I no longer get enjoyment out of it, but other factors can and probably will come first:

I won't be able to afford it: Within the next two years I'll be done with school and will finally be able to get a full time job and move out. Expenses will have to be rated from the most necessary to least necessary. WoW will be part of the 'least necessary'.

I'll finally get the dream job I've always hoped for and will no longer have time for the game: At the end of the day, this is still a game. Unsubscribing basically hits the pause button. I can always come back to it when I have the time again. (Just hope I don't loose my main's name XDD)

The story crumples into the toilet: Now this is subject to interpretation. I know a lot of people aren't happy with the state of the story and where it constantly seems to be focusing, but as for me, I'm enjoying it. If the story takes a turn in a direction I don't like, or if the writing just gets plain old bad(and it can get worse people), then I'll be done and subsequent myself on regular MMO glances to see if it ever picks up again.

That's about it for me.

If it goes F2P.

I will no longer play WoW When...oh wait. I will never stop playing WoW no matter the changes.

Deleted
    cataclysm did it for me, I quit playing the game right after I made it to level 85 and I got back to the game 3 weeks before deathwing would be released. I enjoyed the patch and stuff but I really wanted to quit once again not willing to buy MoP ( no not because of the panda stuff, I recall me saying several times I actually liked them) because I had no enjoyment or what so ever in the game. However, one of my friends kept asking me to buy the game together with him so I did. I leveled my way up to 90 and quit again. Right now I am back since the 2 friends I started playing with in the burning crusade are back once again, all of us decided to reroll alliance and I'll just see how long it'll last this time, could be an entire year or more or less.
    So you could say my enjoyment factor really is playing with the people I care about, if not the case the game is hardly any fun for me.

when thinly-veiled trolling threads no longer appear on the forums
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

When I'm no longer having fun with the game.

When my laptop explodes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by furydeath View Post
    Well I hope we see a Burning Legion or any stuff like that, I started my WoW shizzle in the very end of TBC and my first raid was Naxx 25

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    They beat you to it around the time when Arthas died and all the lore thereafter was stuff they either had to recycle, retcon and generally make up as they go along. Their old writing time was far, far superior (from the Warcraft days).
    That is your opinion and you're entitled to it, but I disagree. The lore in MoP shows the writing is still good and that Blizzard can still make new lore and expand without having to reach into past stuff (Chen is here but that's it).
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terresa View Post
    What will force you to stop playing WoW? and Why?
    Burning Crusade part Deux. one warlocky fel puke eyesore expac was enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll stop at the end of this expansion unless they have something set in stone to fix server populations.

So it looks like i'm quitting at the end of the expansion lol.

In the past 6 years, I have raided with a lot of people who had their babies crying in the background. I would never allow this to happen. If someday I am responsible for a child I will quit the game and devout all of my attention to it.