Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What if all cc including stuns would break on any dmg taken....

Hey peeps,

Just tossing an idea out there, what if all cc would break on dmg taken including stuns. Getting stunlocked and pwned down to 0% health isnt fun, so what would happen if the cc would just break on dmg taken. I play a lock and some times i can chaos bolt people twice before the fear break, that doesnt seem fair to me either.

I would love to see this!

Deleted
    Not stuns, but everything else yeah. Being fear spammed by a priest's Psyfiend and going from 100k + to 0 HP without fear breaking is not fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    healers would be really impossible to kill, rogues would be useless.
    dragonmaw - EU

yea deff not stuns but the rest i would be ok with
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makanprakan View Post
    Not stuns, but everything else yeah. Being fear spammed by a priest's Psyfiend and going from 100k + to 0 HP without fear breaking is not fun.

fucking physfiend. the pvp trinket needs to apply a few second cc immunity, you trinket an 8second fear, and just go right into a 5second fear. fears seem out of control this patch, sometimes its breaking at a decent time for me, other times i go from 100%-20% in a fear because it just wont break.
    dragonmaw - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    stuns and roots would be good forms of CC to not break on damage. All other types of CC should break on damage though. But then again, fear would be incredibly useless then with all the fear breakers. Take away some of the fear breakers and we're done :P

Oh and increase CD on CC like asphyxiate...
    Last edited by Terahertz; 2013-05-04 at 11:35 PM.

Deleted
    If fear would break on a reasonable amount of damage all the fear breakers wouldn't be neccesary in the first place, not too mention the extremely annoying and seemingly random running around chars do when feared. And roots not breaking damage? For some classes that would be fair maybe, but mages are al ready op with roots breaking on damage, no need to buff them further.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If stuns broke on damage, then why have stuns??????

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be a stupid change with the ptr pvp power change. I'm also getting tired of seeing the 6th or 7th thread this week about CC. Blizzard isn't changing anything with regards to CC. They've stated this multiple times. I honestly don't even feel that there's a lot of CC. You still have control of your character 60-70% of the game depending on what class/role you play.

Deleted
    Fear should.

Not stun. Though the DR tables should be wider and shared by a lot more CCs. CC isn't fun and it just adds massive balancing problems. Make it important but not central, being CC chained for 20+ seconds isn't fun.

the only thing i would like is to have the pvp trinket give a immunity to CC ect.
    if only for 5 seconds it's enough to get a heal off or get away / los someone.

sadly atm it's easy for a mage to focus target poly a person twice in a row. for a warlock it was even better seeing he could insta fear you away the second it broke.
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If a stun effect broke on damage they would be called an 'incapacitate' effect, which the game already has.

Deleted
    I'd say, leave roots as they are and implement damage thresholds for stuns/fears/etc.
    These effects could be placed in a 3-tier-system.

Tier I - Sap-like effects. Breaks on all damage
    Tier II - Fear-like effects. Breaks after x nuke damage or y periodical/misc. damage
    Tier III - Stuns. Breaks after x nuke damage or y periodical/misc. damage (higher than Tier II)

The numbers could either be flat (fears break on 9999 nuke and 100000 misc. damage) or percentage based (Stuns break on 1% nuke and 2% misc. damage)
    My numbers are obviously placeholders.

What's with the nearly unanimous call for stuns to be excluded from this hypothetical? Like, what's special about a stun that makes it ok to stay through damage if other CC broke immediately?

Also, are silences included?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    What's with the nearly unanimous call for stuns to be excluded from this hypothetical? Like, what's special about a stun that makes it ok to stay through damage if other CC broke immediately?

Also, are silences included?
    That's probably because almost the entire power of the stun cc lies in the fact that it doesn't break on damage. Other than that it's just a root/disarm/silence rolled in one, with a few exceptions. Also, stuns tend to have a longer cd than other cc, BECAUSE it doesn't break on damage and combines a root/silence/disarm in one in most cases.

Fear should break on ANY DAMAGE EVER. Seriously fear in to fear into fear is a joke

answer = all cc break after 10% of your HP lost.

Stuns vs Players = unable to cast instant spells and normal spells/attacks take 200% longer to cast. And have them share the same DR.

Least that way CC wouldnt be the only way to kill a healer, and they would actually have to be on the ball not simply spamming instant heals etc but being limited to quick less powerful heals during a stun.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    As Deathgoose said, by having stuns break on damage, you are essentially making them into incapacitates. You're not "making stuns break on damage," you're removing them from the game entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Castozor View Post
    That's probably because almost the entire power of the stun cc lies in the fact that it doesn't break on damage. Other than that it's just a root/disarm/silence rolled in one, with a few exceptions. Also, stuns tend to have a longer cd than other cc, BECAUSE it doesn't break on damage and combines a root/silence/disarm in one in most cases.
    Yeah, I just don't get the logic I guess. If root/disarm/silence that doesn't break is good, why not add more and make CC stronger? If CC is too strong, which seems to be the premise of this thread and has quite a bit of support, why keep the most potent form untouched? It seems paradoxical to me in the context of the rest of the thread.