Optimal Min/Max ele professions?

Looking for the optimal professions for Min/Max in mind (main spec Elemental). I was looking at multiple top shamans and the professions are all over the place. One trend I did notice was Engin, which I already have. My secondary is Insc, wondering if this profession is suitable (shoulder ench) or if I should drop it and pick up something else.

Deleted
    People use engineering for the other benefits that the profession gives (rocket boots, glider, repair bot etc)

The other professions are pretty much all the same with a few nice things such double flask time for alchemy. BS is pretty popular due to better gemming if secondary stats would overpower the main stat or if legendary gems comes out. Shouldn't matter for you right now though.

I like to use engineering as one at least. It gives me an edge in the form of the Rocket Boost mainly because elemental does have any "Oh shit i need to move fast" cooldowns.
    Synit 110 - Orc Elemental Shaman [Active]

Engineering and Leatherworking/Blacksmithing are the best for all DPS classes.

LW/BS debate is just as Telefonorm said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Telefonorm View Post
    BS is pretty popular due to better gemming if secondary stats would overpower the main stat or if legendary gems comes out. Shouldn't matter for you right now though.
    So for example Fury Warriors, 2x Crit >> 1 Str, therefore BS would give a greater benefit than the LW Str enchant.

Deleted
    If you wanna absolutely min-max then go for Engi and Tailoring. LW/BS doesnt give anything benefical for Elemental since we stacking Intellect anyway, and LW doesnt provide any better bonus.

Engi is obvious because you can line it up with cds and its like you get Tailoring proc with it as well.

Deleted
    If epic gems get released like they did in Cata bs will be best again. And jc worst

Engineering for sure if you want all the perks/tools and whatnot that comes with it. Otherwise for ele it more or less doesn't matter; we currently stack int, and most all the profession bonuses will boost int. If we get to the point we stack a secondary stat, BS becomes a must have for absolute min/max. The tailoring cloak enchant may be a bit more interesting, too. Long as you aren't saddled with a gathering profession, you're fine.

I swapped from engi/JC to tailoring/enchanting. The cloak enchant is fairly powerful. Really though it doesn't make a lot of difference.

Engy/tailoring hands down, both will be used/proc with Ascendance on the pull.