Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Upgrading my Graphics

Hello and thanks for viewing my thread I'm sorry if there is a thread already about setups and such but I dont seem to be able to find it. Anyway what I'm aiming for is to run WoW on the Ultra settings and with a frame rate that will hold true. Like right now Im sitting happy at 60fps on the good settings and I drop to about 15/20 fps on ultra so any help here would be grand and I thank you all in advance.
    Well first things first Here is my setup;

Operating System
    Windows 7

CPU Type
    AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 645 Processor 3.12 GHz

Video Card
    AMD Radeon HD 6450

System Memory
    12.88 GB

Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 Motherboard

LG E1942C-BN 19 inch LED Wide Screen Monitor (which has a Vga port ONLY)

So what Im looking at is to just upgrade my graphics card only but this is where I hit a snag has my monitor ONLY has a VGA port and the graphic card I use at the moment is connceted to a VGA to VGA would I be able to use a card like a Asus AMD Radeon HD 7750 Graphics Card which has a DVI and a Hdmi slots. So with this in mind would I be able to use a converter plug for this to work.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's your budget? Most video cards come with a DVI to VGA converter so thats not really an issue.

HOWEVER, your system has two bottlenecks. A crappy videocard, as well as a meh-at-best cpu. One of the biggest fps issues in raids (which seems to be your issue) is the cpu. You do have the option of overclocking it though, which would help. You'd likely need a new cooler though (which is certainly a better option than a new CPU/Board
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    What is your budget?

Also, don't expect to run ultra in raids very smoothly at all. It's not going to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    All monitors come with converters, and if not, they're like 2 euros or less.
    Also, you sure you want a 7750? It's sort of weak. For 100 EUR more you may get a GTX660, which will run any game decently.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow thanks for the quick replys <3. Well I can spend up2 £200 I would like to stay with an Amd card and my cpu is water cooled but I have been thinking of upgrading to the AMD Phenom II X4 965 - 3.4 Ghz AM3 Black Edition CPU due to my motherborad, has to my current Cpu I have no clue how to overclock it and thanks for the tip on my montior to GpU I was affaid had to upgrade my monitor for a beast of a card.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sapphire 7870 XT

There you go. Great card and will run WoW at ultra fine. Though, in raids your CPU will be your bottleneck.

Don't bother buying a 965 BE. It will provide a minimal upgrade over your current one, not worth the money. If you want a new CPU, you should just go all out and go for a whole new Motherboard + CPU, like a 3570k.

If you can't afford a new motherboard + 3570k, assuming you have a good CPU Cooler (what water cooler is it?) i'd overclock your current one and use that until you can afford a 3570k.