502 LFR megaera's poisoned fang vs 470 malev wep in MH in pvp? mut spec

I know for arms warriors having a 502 wep is better than the 470 pvp wep because the extra weapon damage outclasses the pvp power bonus of the 470. How about for a mutilate rogue? Would it be better to use the 502 pve wep in MH with the 470 pvp wep in OH until I'm able to buy the tyrannical wep? 2.5kish pvp power vs 32 ilvls of stats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Assassination is the least reliant on weapon damage of any melee spec. You would be better off using the extra PvP power to gain more damage on your DoTs and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Mersynd View Post
    Assassination is the least reliant on weapon damage of any melee spec. You would be better off using the extra PvP power to gain more damage on your DoTs and such.
    How about for sub?

Quote Originally Posted by Genooo View Post
    How about for sub?
    Even for sub, the PvP Power on weapons is massive. When they nerf PvP Power next patch, raw weapon damage might win out at lower ilvls. However, it really only affects your Ambushes since BS is such a small percentage of your damage and most of it is Evisc/Rupture damage which are only AP.

EDIT: I forgot about ilvl capping in 5.3. I think PvP weapons are always better outside of massive jumps (535+ > 470) this patch and always PvP next patch.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2013-05-06 at 05:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, Combat is the only one that really benefits a lot from weapon damage. I've tried PvPing with a 470 dagger and 522, but it didn't make a noticeable difference. Most of a Rogue's damage is passive and slow incoming anyway, and there aren't any massive hits that would show a huge difference. You're not going from a 100k hit to a 200k, it's just better to stick with PvP power. Eviscerate is your biggest hit and it isn't even modified by weapon damage.