Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    gotta agree here, what the hell is wrong with plauge?
    Death is death, dsnt matter if it happens due to plauge, explosives, or arcane
    Weapons of mass death are certainly a dishonorable way to kill an opponent. A true orc personally crushes his opponents skull while looking for another.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Weapons of mass death are certainly a dishonorable way to kill an opponent. A true orc personally crushes his opponents skull while looking for another.
    "There is no honorable way to kill, no gentle way to destroy" - Lincoln

And how is choking to death on poison gas any worse or painful than being stabbed to death?
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)

Aggre, as fun as "dickish" ways of extermination are, you can't spell slaughter without laughter. Also with face to face manfight there is blood !!!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    And the first person to bring up her outfit is, once again, someone who hates her.

Maybe the obsession isn't in the fanboys, maybe it's just you?

How is she going the way of the Lich King, is she raising mindless zombies?
    Source that their goal is to end all life? (Your thumb is not a reliable source).
    Where is your proof that she's going to be a threat?
    Actually yes, yes she is.

Go do the quests in Silverpine. After the events where she raises Godfrey and he BETRAYS HER (and actually kills her. Shame the Valk'yr had to revive her) she starts raising people as more or less mindless drones of the Forsaken so that something like that will never happen again. This is why when you start raising armies, in say Andorhol for example, they are instantly the "For the Forsaken" type and not the "What's happening!?" type. Their ultimate goal is also widely known. They hate the living, Putress took that to an extreme at the Wrathgate. He went too far, though, to a point where he betrayed his own Queen. He wanted everyone completely dead, whereas Sylvannas simply wants them all as Forsaken.

Also, keep in mind the Forsaken are only with the Horde because they want Allies. There is absolutely no other reason, they have no real love for the Horde. They are simply together out of mutual interest in that they are stronger with the other. As their opening cinema used to say, it was an alliance of convenience. Honestly, I think Forsaken should end up as their own faction standing on their own. It would make more sense lore-wise in terms of what they want.

The Forsaken are easily another scourge in the making.
    Last edited by Keile; 2013-05-06 at 07:50 PM.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Actually yes, yes she is.

Go do the quests in Silverpine. After the events where she raises Godfrey and he BETRAYS HER (and actually kills her. Shame the Valk'yr had to revive her) she starts raising people as more or less mindless drones of the Forsaken so that something like that will never happen again. This is why when you start raising armies, in say Andorhol for example, they are instantly the "For the Forsaken" type and not the "What's happening!?" type. Their ultimate goal is also widely known. They hate the living, Putress took that to an extreme at the Wrathgate. He went too far, though, to a point where he betrayed his own Queen. He wanted everyone completely dead, whereas Sylvannas simply wants them all as Forsaken.

The Forsaken are easily another scourge in the making.
    The forsaken are almost exactly the same as the scourge, the only difference between them is the free will and as long as the forsaken have free will they are different. The Forsaken are not mind controlled they are free, you use non canon sources, heck blizzard stated afterwards, that the forsaken have free will.

Q: Why do some Alliance soldiers raised by the Forsaken immediately become loyal to the Forsaken while others do not? Are they being mind controlled? If so, by whom: Sylvanas or the Val’kyr? How does this relate to the fact that the Forsaken cultural identity is based on their free will and rebellion against the Lich King?
    A: Free will is one of the cornerstones of Forsaken culture, with the great capacity for both good and evil that it entails. However, some undead, especially those who die in combat or under extreme stress and are raised soon after, enter into a violent, frenzied state. Undead in this state are easily manipulated and their rage is often directed at the foes of those who raised them. After the effects wear off, if the risen corpse has not been destroyed, they are given the same ultimatum that other Forsaken are offered: join the Dark Lady or return to the grave.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5208785474

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    The forsaken are almost exactly the same as the scourge, the only difference between them is the free will and as long as the forsaken have free will they are different. The Forsaken are not mind controlled they are free, you use non canon sources, heck blizzard stated afterwards, that the forsaken have free will.
    She stopped raising them all with free will after those events. SOME have free will, yes, but her shock troops are now brainwashed. They still THINK but they are not really free anymore. Think Death Knights, they were so deadly because the Lich King raised them to be able to be able to think but they were corrupted to where they served the Lich King. So, unlike a normal zombie, they were a calculating foe. This made them very dangerous.

This is similar to what Sylvannas is doing to her forsaken soldiers now.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

She stopped raising them all with free will after those events. SOME have free will, yes, but her shock troops are now brainwashed. They still THINK but they are not really free anymore. Think Death Knights, they were so deadly because the Lich King raised them to be able to be able to think but they were corrupted to where they served the Lich King. So, unlike a normal zombie, they were a calculating foe. This made them very dangerous.

See my edited post they don't mind control them they have their free will.

10+ Year Old Account

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    A: Free will is one of the cornerstones of Forsaken culture, with the great capacity for both good and evil that it entails. However, some undead, especially those who die in combat or under extreme stress and are raised soon after, enter into a violent, frenzied state. Undead in this state are easily manipulated and their rage is often directed at the foes of those who raised them. After the effects wear off, if the risen corpse has not been destroyed, they are given the same ultimatum that other Forsaken are offered: join the Dark Lady or return to the grave. (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    TBH, I have no faith in the writers for Warcraft anymore, the fact that Garrosh is the main enemy instead of Sylvanas shows that the story is just one giant popularity contest now (there is NO way she is a possible choice for Warchief btw).

She's ruthless, breaks every honorable code of warfare possible, has less concern for other Horde races than Garrosh did (pre-MOP, hur dur I'm evil and everything I do is ****ed Garrosh), forcibly re-programs her own people ( Koltira anyone?) That wasn't to save horde lives. Their plan was to fight one on one to settle it....which actually saves lives on both sides, something that should be VERY important to Sylvanas considering they can't repopulate blah blah blah....

Unless they 180 her story like they have with all the characters lately she'd need to go. Koltira is the only suitable replacement I could think of, but either way the story kind of sucks now (subjective opinion).

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont understand why is so much hatred against that Character !

She is one of the strongest female character in wow who hasnt gone Mad or died or became Home Sitting Mom Like Tyrande!
    Whoever will be new Warchief they dont have anything against Sylvanas, because all Candidates of Warchief have nothing against her, evenmore she has done them Favor to all.
    1.Vol'jin kinda most humble Warchief candidate and adequate person, he has no reason to DEAL with her.
    2.Thrall - if we face miracle and he returns as Warchief (0.0000001% chance) Sylvanas for sure will have to jump and hug him because they are quite good "friends"
    3.Saurfang - Helped him (us) with LK.
    4.Baine - completely neutral
    5.Lorthemar - entire Blood elven race must pray for Sylvanas when they go to bed and before Eating meal. If not her they would be Kael Zombies and long long gone from Azeroth. Or wiped by Horde and Alliance together. She helped Blood elves find their place in Horde.

Any other Candidates ?
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldtooth View Post
    TBH, I have no faith in the writers for Warcraft anymore, the fact that Garrosh is the main enemy instead of Sylvanas shows that the story is just one giant popularity contest now (there is NO way she is a possible choice for Warchief btw).

She's ruthless, breaks every honorable code of warfare possible, has less concern for other Horde races than Garrosh did (pre-MOP, hur dur I'm evil and everything I do is ****ed Garrosh), forcibly re-programs her own people ( Koltira anyone?) That wasn't to save horde lives. Their plan was to fight one on one to settle it....which actually saves lives on both sides, something that should be VERY important to Sylvanas considering they can't repopulate blah blah blah....

Unless they 180 her story like they have with all the characters lately she'd need to go. Koltira is the only suitable replacement I could think of, but either way the story kind of sucks now (subjective opinion).
    Since when was Koltira going to 1v1 Thassarian?

Quote Originally Posted by ZenX View Post
    Ever-pacifist Jaina turned into a bloodthirsty bitch, so it is possible. All we really need is a tipping point either of the three can unite with the Forsaken as the "brothers and sisters in death"
    Tbh, I wouldn't really mind that at all as a replacement for Sylvannas. But we would have to transcend racism in order for that to happen. The only reason Thassarian is on the alliance and Koltira is on the horde isn't because of any loyalties, but because Koltira happens to be a blood elf and Thassarian happens to be a human.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldtooth View Post

Though the difference between her and Garrosh is simply, Sylvanas is limited, since she has only control over the forsaken and as such is not a threat to the world as a whole, Garrosh on the other hand had every weapon the horde had to muster under his control.

Should Sylvanas ever come into a similar position of power she has to be dealt with somehow, but as long as she is bound to the forsaken there is no reason to kill her.

Not to mention Koltira and Thassarian intended to throw their armies at each other, not only fight 1 vs 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickmagnus View Post
    Yes there is, haven't you ever done the IC quest line where you have to save the Knight with the plague?
    A'dal says: In life, Bridenbrad was the bearer of great deeds. Now, in passing, he shall taste only paradise.
    Tirion also says when you hand it in that he will know no evil in his afterlife.
    Ok, different, is there any PROOF instead of ravings of dying man and words of OBVIOUSLY BIASED light elemental that there IS some equivalent to "eternal paradise" instead of another hell, just full of light?
    Last edited by Verdugo; 2013-05-06 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Ok, different, is there any PROOF instead of ravings of dying man and words of OBVIOUSLY BIASED light elemental that there IS some equivalent to "eternal paradise"?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/lor...s-windrunner/1

Sylvanas Windrunner drifts in a sea of comfort, physical sensations replaced by the purity of emotion. She can grasp bliss, see joy, hear peace. This is the afterlife, her destiny. The eternal sea in which she found herself after she fell defending Silvermoon. She belongs here. With each recollection, her memory of this place palls. The sound grows distant; the warmth, cooler. The vision takes on the pallor of a half-remembered dream. But with horrific clarity, the memory always ends the same: Sylvanas's spirit is wrenched away. The pain is so intense it leaves her soul forever torn. The grinning face of Arthas Menethil, with his lopsided smile and dead eyes, leers at her as he pulls her back into the world. Violates her. His laughter—that hollow laugh—the memory of it makes her skin crawl!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Hes leading the Horde armies in Krasang Wilds, hardly doing nothing

---------- Post added 2013-05-06 at 07:13 PM ----------

gotta agree here, what the hell is wrong with plauge?
    Death is death, dsnt matter if it happens due to plauge, explosives, or arcane
    If all you want in a warchief is a soldier, then you have another thing coming. He's not even strong enough to be the warchief.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/lor...s-windrunner/1

Sylvanas Windrunner drifts in a sea of comfort, physical sensations replaced by the purity of emotion. She can grasp bliss, see joy, hear peace. This is the afterlife, her destiny. The eternal sea in which she found herself after she fell defending Silvermoon. She belongs here. With each recollection, her memory of this place palls. The sound grows distant; the warmth, cooler. The vision takes on the pallor of a half-remembered dream. But with horrific clarity, the memory always ends the same: Sylvanas's spirit is wrenched away. The pain is so intense it leaves her soul forever torn. The grinning face of Arthas Menethil, with his lopsided smile and dead eyes, leers at her as he pulls her back into the world. Violates her. His laughter—that hollow laugh—the memory of it makes her skin crawl!
    I wont take words of elf as a proof. How long was she there, 10 seconds?

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I wont take words of elf as a proof.
    You see my avatar and ask me that question chaos spawn?

Why Saurfang hate all of the sudden?
    he probably got cleaved by him.

Actually, I'm partially expecting Sylvanas to side with Garrosh. Despite his commands, he's pretty dense and she gets away with everything she wants. Under any other warchief it's likely they will actually keep watch and hold her accountable.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!