Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Caster wise it's lock > mages > boomkin >>>> shadow >> ele.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Quote Originally Posted by Sunius View Post
    Totally not true. I lose almost no dps on movement fights.
    Teach me master.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AishaEU View Post
    Name one fight where you cannot stop running and cast mind blast on cooldown this tier cuz I cant.
    Ill help you - Lei Shen hc, mostly single target heavy movement fight, when you need to run there you just need to run. If you dont, you or your raid is dead. We are by far most s**** dps spec on this one, and its most important fight in this tier.

Deleted
    Its been a pretty good tier for Spriest, some fights we top shit, som fights we are last, like all the single target fights.

Fights i've been topping alot this tier in my raid group (ilvl 516):
    Horridon, (noone is even close to me here /epeen, but our hunter got LMG now and is pretty close but i will get mine this reset so its all good )
    Council (we are all pretty close here but im usually 5k ahead)
    Tortos (going a little up and down each week but im going 200k+ here now and when our ele is with us he is up my ass and can come ahead of me sometimes)
    Mageara (me and boomkin fighting about #1 here)
    Primordius (lots of DI procs and with 2pc T15 its nice with the dot extenstions)

Rest of the fights Jinrokh, Jikun, Durumu, Twins im pretty much behind
    Was ontop Iron Qon this week be a little but can depend on how much ppl are standing in the frost shit from the spear in the last phase

Totally not true. I lose almost no dps on movement fights. Spamming SW: P does around 70% mind flay damage on single target.
    so u spamm shadow word pain when the target got a 100% crit sw p?
    k nice

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blgns View Post
    Ill help you - Lei Shen hc, mostly single target heavy movement fight, when you need to run there you just need to run. If you dont, you or your raid is dead. We are by far most s**** dps spec on this one, and its most important fight in this tier.
    Fair enough. I haven't tried that yet.

Anyway my point was that there aren't many fights this tier where u cannot "ignore" movement a little bit and stop for casting mind blast, VT etc. and continue moving again(my guild is only halfway through heroic tot tho so that might change?)

But yeah I agree that when/if we actually have to run like crazy without stopping(hc lei shen) then there isnt that much we can do.

Quote Originally Posted by AishaEU View Post
    Fair enough. I haven't tried that yet.

Anyway my point was that there aren't many fights this tier where u cannot "ignore" movement a little bit and stop for casting mind blast, VT etc. and continue moving again(my guild is only halfway through heroic tot tho so that might change?)

But yeah I agree that when/if we actually have to run like crazy without stopping(hc lei shen) then there isnt that much we can do.
    Lei-shen isn't so bad that you can't plan around the MB cd and plan ahead with movement. Even in the last phase during the winds you can still cast once you get in position.

Quote Originally Posted by elmachino View Post
    Its been a pretty good tier for Spriest, some fights we top shit, som fights we are last, like all the single target fights.

Fights i've been topping alot this tier in my raid group (ilvl 516):
    Horridon, (noone is even close to me here /epeen, but our hunter got LMG now and is pretty close but i will get mine this reset so its all good )
    Council (we are all pretty close here but im usually 5k ahead)
    Tortos (going a little up and down each week but im going 200k+ here now and when our ele is with us he is up my ass and can come ahead of me sometimes)
    Mageara (me and boomkin fighting about #1 here)
    Primordius (lots of DI procs and with 2pc T15 its nice with the dot extenstions)

Rest of the fights Jinrokh, Jikun, Durumu, Twins im pretty much behind
    Was ontop Iron Qon this week be a little but can depend on how much ppl are standing in the frost shit from the spear in the last phase
    Why on earth would you use DI over ToF on Primordius???

Quote Originally Posted by Cerbz View Post
    We use the kite strat and if I see our wl or sps multidot, to proc tof i would kill them myself.

Curious, what is your stance on DI vs ToF then?

Single Target = ?
    3-4 Targets = DI ?
    > 4 Target = ToF?

I've been using DI to spam SW:P on all the adds, then MB the hell out of Primordius. Maybe I should try ToF next run? Use a mind sear every 15sec to proc ToF and keep on trucking?

Quote Originally Posted by Viromand View Post
    We use the kite strat and if I see our wl or sps multidot, to proc tof i would kill them myself.
    You do realize more procs/ToF uptime = more boss damage, right? It's like telling Spriest not to multidot on Protectors in ToES. You're losing damage on your main target by NOT doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by calcinator View Post
    Curious, what is your stance on DI vs ToF then?

Single Target = ?
    3-4 Targets = DI ?
    > 4 Target = ToF?

I've been using DI to spam SW:P on all the adds, then MB the hell out of Primordius. Maybe I should try ToF next run? Use a mind sear every 15sec to proc ToF and keep on trucking?
    Cascade on CD+DoT everything = Ridiculous ToF uptime = Ridiculous boss damage.

ToF isn't about how many targets, it's about how much uptime can you achieve.
    Last edited by Cerbz; 2013-05-08 at 09:00 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrantWave View Post
    Mages say hi.
    Mages don't move, they blink.

Locks can cast while moving at literally zero penalty to DPS (albeit they move slightly slower, but since they never have to stop moving - that's meaningless - plus there is a trick to ignore the movement penalty anyways).

Ele Shamans can cast their filler while moving and are heavily instant proc based.

Hunters can cast everything while moving.

Balance is the only other ranged that even remotely cares about moving DPS - and their spec is packed with powerful instants (not to mention their moonfire/sunfire hit way harder than our sw: pain and get a stacking buff the more they spam them). Not to mention the top end Boomies, much like mages - just wait until they absolutely have to move - and then displacer beast to their next position.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2013-05-08 at 09:09 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    i tried with ToF the first tries on him, but i didn't get enough uptime on it :/
    after that i tried with DI and worked alot better

Havn't tried Cascade on that so much either cuz halo and DI have worked for me so i went with that the kills we did after the first

but will try ToF+Cascade next time
    Last edited by mmocb309100f2b; 2013-05-08 at 11:55 PM.

i tried with ToF the first tries on him, but i didn't get enough uptime on it :/

Havn't tried Cascade on that so much either cuz halo and DI have worked for me so i went with that the kills we did after the first

I'm getting around 80% uptime on ToF on Primordius.

You do realize more procs/ToF uptime = more boss damage, right? It's like telling Spriest not to multidot on Protectors in ToES. You're losing damage on your main target by NOT doing it.

Cascade on CD+DoT everything = Ridiculous ToF uptime = Ridiculous boss damage.

ToF isn't about how many targets, it's about how much uptime can you achieve.
    trying to keep up ToF is a dmg increase on the boss yes.
    Multidotting more than 1-2 targets while result in less dmg on the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Viromand View Post
    trying to keep up ToF is a dmg increase on the boss yes.
    Multidotting more than 1-2 targets while result in less dmg on the boss.
    No, it doesn't.

I still prefer PI + cascade + MF:I for stacking damage during Lust. And its be up when you mutate again. I spam a shit ton of pains then cascade a blob fartherest away so that all the SA's will Queue up for primordus (for those 2min long dots)

Here's my WoL #50th parse:
    www(dot)worldoflogs(dot)com/reports/rt-ngufam5telz2l18v/dashboard/?s=815&e=1173

But I am looking forward to try ToF next reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Denigrate View Post
    I still prefer PI + cascade + MF:I for stacking damage during Lust. And its be up when you mutate again. I spam a shit ton of pains then cascade a blob fartherest away so that all the SA's will Queue up for primordus (for those 2min long dots)

Here's my WoL #50th parse:
    www(dot)worldoflogs(dot)com/reports/rt-ngufam5telz2l18v/dashboard/?s=815&e=1173

But I am looking forward to try ToF next reset.
    ToF uptime on Primordius is ~95%. You just can't justify using any other talent over it.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Sorry, but unless you're spec'd into FDCL/DI all the time, that's a hyperbole.
    Actually, I am =).
    Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.7GHz | MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G x2 in SLI | ASRock Extreme3 Gen3 Motherboard
    8 GB of Kingston HyperX DDR3 | Western Digital Caviar Green 1 TB | Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB
    2x Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB + Corsair Force 3 120 GB SSDs (three-way raid 0)
    Cooler Master HAF 912 plus case | Corsair AX1200 power supply | Thermaltake NiC C5 Untouchable CPU cooler
    Asus PG278Q ROG SWIFT (1440p @ 144 Hz, GSync + 3D vision)

Deleted
    Actually, I am =).
    and then you lose a set amount of dps from not having insanity, and in some fights, ToF.