Deleted

how are boomkins compared to other classes?

thinking about going a range dps and boomkins sounds fun but i want to do decent.

Gear dependent, so you will suck till you have gear. once you hit about 510-515 you could hold your own against anyone tbh.

Boomkins are really good this tier. Lot's of utility, good single target, good cleave. Top 5 dps overall IMO.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    Hard to play due to a lot of micromanagement too, so if you're looking for a challenge, it's a good choice.

Deleted
    If you only look at casters, I rank them like this.
    Locks
    Mages
    Boomkin
    Ele
    Shadow

Single target Mages are just ridiculous as usual, Warlocks are really good at it, Boomkin/Ele is fine there imo and Shadow is lacking behind.
    Multi dotting we are very good at, Aoe we suck at.

Very strong. Not top, but close.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortaz View Post
    thinking about going a range dps and boomkins sounds fun but i want to do decent.
    Boomkins are good enough class to top range dps if you re more skilled than players you play with.

If you re at the same level of skill as locks and mages you play with, you will only shine on spread multi target encounters.

In other words, your skill level is much more important than the class you play.

Boomkins are always awesome.

Deleted
    We are doing very well but warlocks can do better without even trying I'm still happy though.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/e2k5q...one/?enc=kills

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    boomkins are amazing, nuff said really. best casters imo <3

Quote Originally Posted by Bizley View Post
    We are doing very well but warlocks can do better without even trying I'm still happy though.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/e2k5q...one/?enc=kills
    how is lock doing more than boomkin on council is beyond me

Deleted
    A very underrated part of boom, the utility they bring to raids. Dps wise alittle bit behind mages, locks. Utility wise inexpendable

Quote Originally Posted by mikoslav View Post
    Lock are not bad multi target either?
    Last edited by mmoc94b3cd45b5; 2013-05-07 at 11:38 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mikoslav View Post
    http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Counc...00000000000000

I guess you are better than warlocks in your group.

They're quite good for raw DPS, and they'll consistently bring nice utility to the table as well. While that's valued less than it used to be, it's still nice to have someone around that can provide a nice raid CD, a decent buff package, Rebirth, and Boomkin dance

If you're going to RBG at all, Boomkins are highly desired at present, and still will be after the Solar Beam nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by ScariusTheMoonkin View Post
    Gear dependent, so you will suck till you have gear. once you hit about 510-515 you could hold your own against anyone tbh.
    This. After you hit the break point for hit and haste and start getting more crit you'll see your DPS skyrocket.

10+ Year Old Account
    Capable boomkins can certainly top the meters, playing a boomkin is easy, but there is a world of difference in the damage an average player and a good player can pump with a balance druid.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee