Deleted

Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town

Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town is a Gameboy Advanced game.

It's about a boy (you) who inherits a farm from an old man. The farm is at a village where more farms exist.
    You must do everything in your power to make your farm grow, and the village is just like a real village, with events, horse races etcetera.

You must till, clear your land, feed your animals, harvest crops, water them.

You can also socialize with everybody in the village and eventually marry a girl if you like.

Also you have the ability to upgrade your house if you have enough money, or buy a new one alongside it.

Cooking recipes must be discovered. Food must be bought for your animals.

It's the real thing in terms of farming.

You are not alone in this life, you have a dog who accompanies you.

This game was top notch imo, in terms of the 'farming' genre, nothing could beat it imo.
    Last edited by mmoc13485c3c3f; 2013-05-07 at 10:47 PM.

It's good, but not the best in the series. Of course, opinions.

10+ Year Old Account
    I LOVED this game when it first released! I remember it took me a long time to figure out what to do during the winter months
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

The best GBA Harvest Moon game hands down. I could never get the blessed weapons, but the mining was probably the best of the series.

Deleted
    Yes, I knew it. It was/is a pretty good game.

Yeah, it was an awesome game. I might buy it if they ever put it on the Wii U Virtual Console.

BUT

The BEST of THE BEST was the Nintendo 64 one. OMG that was the best one ever....I still dream of it. xD

But the Snes one was pretty awesome too. XD

None of the others but the 3 ever held my interest other than nostalgic feelings

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    The BEST of THE BEST was the Nintendo 64 one. OMG that was the best one ever....I still dream of it. xD
    God yes, HM 64 is still really good and enjoyable to play. One I like that I don't feel gets as much recognition is one on the Wii, Animal Parade. I found the entire game just incredibly relaxing to play, the farming is good, the mining is good, the characters are good. I highly do recommend it to any HM fans.

A New Beginning for 3DS is also incredibly enjoyable, if not a little slow to starting. But, when it does get going, it's incredibly addicting to play, and it adds some really nice features to the series as a whole, such as finally being able to customize your farmer, changing hair styles, and buying clothes (which was in Animal Parade as well)

Also, you can pretty much customize your farm's layout, and the entire town's layout.

If you have a 3DS, go buy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    No

NOOOOOO!

Too many hours spent on this game. GET IT AWAY! GET IT AWAY!!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFNK View Post
    No

NOOOOOO!

Too many hours spent on this game. GET IT AWAY! GET IT AWAY!!!!
    Hahaaha, you can't escape from it!

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the better releases, but the original Harvest Moon will always be my favorite. Such a cute game.

How does the 64 version stack up against PS1 Back to Nature? I invested so many hours into BTN, I have been looking for an older game to get into for short bursts- this or animal crossing sounds pretty good. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomcats View Post
    How does the 64 version stack up against PS1 Back to Nature?
    Personally, I think it's the best in the series. Though, I think that's the popular opinion. In fact, I might go dig it up and play it! Just seeing this thread gave me that itch.

I really enjoyed the Back to Nature one. The PS2 one... Let's just pretend that one never existed. I think Back to Nature was my first Harvest Moon game. I definitely spent many hours on the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomcats View Post
    How does the 64 version stack up against PS1 Back to Nature? I invested so many hours into BTN, I have been looking for an older game to get into for short bursts- this or animal crossing sounds pretty good. Any suggestions?
    It's got some parallels, same characters and such, however, there are different set ups for those characters. I enjoyed the atmosphere of HM64 a lot too, and the sound track. I personally think it comes down to taste, or which you grew up with. For me, it's easy to say HM64 is better than BTN, but I didn't grow up with BTN.

It's one of my favorites, I do highly recommend it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played the snes version, never got to it sadly, maybe I'll just play the GBA version (will try to find a rom since retailers here are just plain bad, most interesting games don't even come here, only AAA cod and trendy stuff... up to a point that not even monster hunter is known here).

This may not be the appropriate place for this question- whats the easiest way to get my hands on N64 version? I have the BTN Rom, but I'm a novice when it comes to N64 and such.