Levels, raids, numbers and gear.

So i had a thought what if the game was still maxed to 60 and the quests, raids and gear were changed alittle differently

Raids; Would provide challenges more than gear:
    So imagine being level 60, you finished BWL/Nax and then you could go to Throne of Thunder the next night cause of the challenge and not of the gear and levels? Raids probably wouldn't go out-dated cause of the same level cap through out all raids.
    Quests; Zones could be spread out more for different level brackets, 5 zones for the level 40 bracket? - As in, you could level in feralas or badlands at level 40
    Gear: Raids would only drop cosmetic gear or give gear that increases your stats by 1 or something, cause players reaching 1million health just seems so silly.

What do you guys think?
    You must become a Master Baiter if you want to want to master the One-eyed Fish of the Dark Caverns!

Deleted
    No thank you .
    The sense of accomplishment that gear rewards gives would be completly lost cuz honestly not many care about cosmetics.

Wouldn't killing a hard boss be a sense of accomplishment? look at challenge modes tons of people ran those and the gear that rewards is a medal and cosmetic gear.
    You must become a Master Baiter if you want to want to master the One-eyed Fish of the Dark Caverns!

Quote Originally Posted by Bitehattori View Post
    Wouldn't killing a hard boss be a sense of accomplishment? look at challenge modes tons of people ran those and the gear that rewards is a medal and cosmetic gear.
    A very small segment of the population has ever done a challenge mode. It just sounds like you want there to be less requirements for raids.

Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    A very small segment of the population has ever done a challenge mode. It just sounds like you want there to be less requirements for raids.
    Not at all, I'd have attunements and some other things included but i heard Blizzard said they were suprised about on how much challenge modes were ran, they thought it was going to be a flop.

I don't think that an MMORPG necessarily needs a constantly shifting level cap. There can be massive amounts of character progression even within a single level, far more than currently present in WoW, through things such as gear upgrades and even new abilities and features gained through completing certain requirements.

Even with eventual catch-up mechanics in place, this would mean that the old content wouldn't get as outdated as it does with the additional levels. I also think that while the content would have to become harder and harder from a numbers point of view, the challenge itself could remain very constant assuming the level of character progression intended for the said content.

What I don't think is that solely cosmetic rewards would attract enough players. Furthermore, the lack of item upgrades would take away one form of character progression. It is also highly arguable whether changing the level design would work out at this point. The updated class mechanics coming together with new expansions might also clash with the content that was designed with the old mechanics in mind. Never changing the mechanics, on the other hand, would eventually make the game very boring.

That said, this is still an idea amongst others if the developers want to elegantly cap the levels at some point.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry, but I love RPG's for the whole loot aspect. I like working hard to kill a boss and get BiS items. It's a good feel which is why I hate WoW. They took it away from PvP and I hate to PvE because no one else puts forth the effort to learn the fights and to maximize their dps for their gear. Especially clickers... You can't be quick and hit all your abilities while still being able to avoid mechanics and turn around efficiently. Or people who use little to no keybindings at all... you blame them for messing up, but from their perspective, they see it as there was nothing they could do... but they could of. It's like this stupid warrior who I used to raid with... he keyboard turned and would die to a stupid mechanic every time because he'd sit there and turn 180 degrees and then run out, dying just before reaching the outer rim of the mechanic. I told him to l2p and he freaked out that it's not his fault he can't turn any quicker... I mentioned that maybe he should use intervene if he can't turn quick enough and he said that dps warriors don't go in defensive stance. It's things like that, that make me hate PvE. Now if i could clone myself 24 times or 9 times, I'd love to raid and would still play because i'd one shot most the bosses, but that won't happen. Since noobs make it hard to get that reward feeling in PvE and they completely removed rating requirement in PvP... I have no reason to play and if the game didn't have better loot and it was all cosmetic, I would have been done playing after a couple hours.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

I'd rather see raids become part of the leveling process. Imagine leveling from 50-60 doing vanilla raids, 60-70 doing TBC raids, etc... I think that would be fun

And removing gear upgrades would make raids pretty obsolete. A majority of people who raid don't do it for the challenge...unfortunately.

Deleted
    check lootmanager.com if you are having issues distributing gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Bitehattori View Post
    Raids; Would provide challenges more than gear:
    So imagine being level 60, you finished BWL/Nax and then you could go to Throne of Thunder the next night cause of the challenge and not of the gear and levels? Raids probably wouldn't go out-dated cause of the same level cap through out all raids.
    Quests; Zones could be spread out more for different level brackets, 5 zones for the level 40 bracket? - As in, you could level in feralas or badlands at level 40
    Gear: Raids would only drop cosmetic gear or give gear that increases your stats by 1 or something, cause players reaching 1million health just seems so silly.

What do you guys think?
    Your idea would never happen and Blizzard mentioned in an interview during 5.0 or 5.1 I believe that explains a good reason why it should never happen.

When they develop multiple raids for a tier they have to come up with a good number and number of bosses in it. The reason is if you come up with multiple raids you want a small amount of bosses so you can do more than one in a night. When you have too many choices you start to run into problems with your group because Person A wants Raid E while Person B wants Raid H and Person C wants Raid A and stems off for each person.

In a nutshell, more choices is a bad decision as everyone feels forced to do them all and there will be that much more conflict on what to actually do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairchild View Post
    No thank you .
    The sense of accomplishment that gear rewards gives would be completly lost cuz honestly not many care about cosmetics.
    There's a sense of accomplishment left in WoW in any venue? /palms

No matter what facet you look at the game on today, it's absolutely flooded with catch-up mechanics effectively entirely removing, or at bare minimum severely diminishing any sense of accomplishment. (Which includes character progression, the most basic form of "accomplishment")