1. #1

    Can I get your advice on what I should do between two accounts real quick?

    Account 1:

    85 Warrior, 8k gold
    85 Druid
    75 Paladin

    Current version: WotLK

    Account 2:

    85 Rogue

    Current version: Cata

    Basically I want the 8k gold from my Warrior to my Rogue, but to do that I need to activate that account and upgrade it to Cata to get access to the Warrior. I could transfer the Rogue to Account 1 and have all my characters, but the thing is I'm trying to transfer my Rogue to another server. So the only way to get my gold to my Rogue is if I activate both accounts at the same time, transfer the gold then transfer my Rogue to whichever account I prefer as well as my intended server. Is 8k gold worth $25?

  2. #2
    Epic! Viscoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    In a hole in the bottom of Sy's shoe
    Posts
    1,509
    No. 8k gold is not worth all that hassle when you'll make that much, easily, while leveling to 90.
    Waiting for Wildstar!
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

  3. #3
    How are 2 toons that are over the Wrath lvl cap on a Wrath account? 8k is a drop in the bucket for wow gold it isn't worth the money spent or time doing it for it.
    Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before... He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. -Kurt Vonnegut, "Cat's Cradle"
    "Not everything on the internet is true." -- Abraham Lincoln
    Good is the enemy of great.
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Also, its Birmingham. The place has more guns than teeth. What do you expect?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    No. 8k gold is not worth all that hassle when you'll make that much, easily, while leveling to 90.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    How are 2 toons that are over the Wrath lvl cap on a Wrath account? 8k is a drop in the bucket for wow gold it isn't worth the money spent or time doing it for it.
    Okay great thanks guys. I haven't played since September so I wasn't too sure how much 8k gold was worth.

    How the 85s are in WotLK is because when I reactivated in the summer I prepurchased MoP which came with Cata. Before Cata came out I changed my mind and blizzard was able to give me a refund, thus taking MoP and Cata away from that account. Thing is I can't access any characters over 85 on that account which is why I would need to upgrade to Cata to get the gold off.

  5. #5
    Herald of the Titans Gobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,727
    I wouldn't think it's worth it for just 8k, Definitely not
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark
    They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far. I present to you the newest in Stark Industries' Freedom line. Find an excuse to let one of these off the chain, and I personally guarantee, the bad guys won't even wanna come out of their caves. Ladies and gentlemen, for your consideration... the Jericho.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    I wouldn't think it's worth it for just 8k, Definitely not
    Gotcha, thanks guys for helping me save some cash

    Another thing, should I transfer my Rogue over to my WotLK account so I can have access to all of my higher level characters instead of just 1 85? I feel like that's worth the upgrade to Cata right? I will need to buy MoP either way, only difference is Cata which is usually in sale in some places for $10.

    Thanks again guys, I'm fairly new here but love the community already.

  7. #7
    Herald of the Titans Gobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,727
    Quote Originally Posted by Remery View Post
    Gotcha, thanks guys for helping me save some cash

    Another thing, should I transfer my Rogue over to my WotLK account so I can have access to all of my higher level characters instead of just 1 85? I feel like that's worth the upgrade to Cata right? I will need to buy MoP either way, only difference is Cata which is usually in sale in some places for $10.

    Thanks again guys, I'm fairly new here but love the community already.
    If it was me, I would transfer the Rogue, It's good to have all your characters under 1 account, Bear in mind if there isn't anything "special" about the rogue, You could just level another, But if you're like me(and most people lol) and have a sentimental attachment to your character, then keep it
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark
    They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far. I present to you the newest in Stark Industries' Freedom line. Find an excuse to let one of these off the chain, and I personally guarantee, the bad guys won't even wanna come out of their caves. Ladies and gentlemen, for your consideration... the Jericho.

  8. #8
    Scarab Lord Gandrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,052
    8k gold is nothing

    i havent done anything this expansion and i am sitting on 60k after maintaining 2 heroic raid geared characters.

    I'd also just level another character. No character in this game is worth the 25-60$ Blizzard wants you to pay to keep with you.
    be ready to sacrifice who you are now, at any moment, for who you will become

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •