Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    You know what I mean lol.... when you can afk in LFR and still get tier, you are not really putting much effort in. I didn't mean in the literal sense, that being said, LFR is about as challenging as navigating the AH. The only boss this tier that caused any problems was lei shen, and that's because nobody wanted to read the dungeon journal about him even though it's a mouse click away. LFR's popularity comes from the fact that you put in almost no effort and can come out with epics.
    I don't mind carrying people like you in my LFRs. LFR is designed so that enough people trying can carry the lazy and/or bad. I'm cool with that. Of course, if enough people vote to kick, I'll probably click yes. I won't kick people who are trying and just not doing well. But auto-attackers I'll kick no problem.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    You know what I mean lol.... when you can afk in LFR and still get tier, you are not really putting much effort in. I didn't mean in the literal sense, that being said, LFR is about as challenging as navigating the AH. The only boss this tier that caused any problems was lei shen, and that's because nobody wanted to read the dungeon journal about him even though it's a mouse click away. LFR's popularity comes from the fact that you put in almost no effort and can come out with epics.
    If one dps in the first fight in ToT, you can potentially wipe the group. If a few people afk in LFR, in today's LFR, they can wipe the raid. This isn't DS LFR where you can go AFK on all the fights and with no potential to wipe the raid. Yes obviously you can AFK in a raid as a dps. The people who don't go afk, have to put IN the effort to make up for the players who go afk. Again, the whole LFR raid can't go afk on a boss, some people need to actually put in effort to make up for those who don't. So for people like me who go do LFR. I put in the effort cause one, I have to make up for people who go AFK, two if I do dps, I make the raid go by alittle faster, three, I don't want the chance to be booted and finally I don't want to accidentally wipe the raid. If people in general followed the whole "hell you don't need to put effort in LFR, just go afk and you'll get epics" Noone would get epics or if they did, it would they would get them more slowly.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    You know what I mean lol.... when you can afk in LFR and still get tier, you are not really putting much effort in. I didn't mean in the literal sense, that being said, LFR is about as challenging as navigating the AH. The only boss this tier that caused any problems was lei shen, and that's because nobody wanted to read the dungeon journal about him even though it's a mouse click away. LFR's popularity comes from the fact that you put in almost no effort and can come out with epics.
    Horridon, Durumu, Animus and Council gave some LFR groups a run for their money during their initial week of being available.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    LFR slowed the sub-loss considerably, and it even boosted it for a while. I think it's exactly what a lot of people were looking for.
    This. LFR is great for new or casual players.

  5. #25
    LFR saved the game for me. I don't want to waste my game time trying to get a pug group together or wheedle an invite. I get to see the show and get a little bit better at doing it, and take home some souvenirs. I get to play the game without spending hours in vent with a microphone breather who is adamant that he knows best who should get what loot. The millions like me mean that LFR is never going away. So quit yer whining about it.

  6. #26
    The Lightbringer Gimlix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands!
    Posts
    3,925
    Quote Originally Posted by powcsonka View Post
    Is blizz really serious when they say LFR is what casual players want, or just lazy? How can a 25 man raid sim with lag and melee vision issues be what casuals want? Sorry blizz, progressive tier 5 man heroics are much better content for us. Current = bad bad bad.
    Please, Just don't.
    If you don't like it, then go away.

    You obvious have never raided properly.
    And old raids weren't any better then nowadays, Harder doesn't mean it's better.
    If you think so your pretty retarded.

    Gameplay matters, and what is the point of seeing 10% of raid content instead of 100%, if you think 10% is more enjoyable then 100% well then we both know your lying.

    Face the fact that WoW is doing atm much better.

    Get over your nostalgic emotions srsly.
    » Active MMO-Champion visitor since: 12-12-2012 «
    » Predict Warlords of Draenor to sell 3 Million copies at first day «

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    I don't mind carrying people like you in my LFRs. LFR is designed so that enough people trying can carry the lazy and/or bad. I'm cool with that. Of course, if enough people vote to kick, I'll probably click yes. I won't kick people who are trying and just not doing well. But auto-attackers I'll kick no problem.
    I auto attack or die within the first minute of almost every boss - when possible, on some you literally can't die, never got booted for it though. To be honest, LFR was kinda fun trying to fool people into thinking I was there for a while, but even that got boring. And yeah, a few of the bosses could potentially wipe groups the first week, but with the stackable buff from wiping, even that becomes easy to overcome, keep in mind that's the first week.

    Also though, I've seen quite a few fights, like horridon or Ji-kun, where at least like 8 people (possibly more) were doing the same thing I did. I'm not joking when I say it's that easy.

  8. #28
    I absolutely hate it. The difficulty split into LFR/Normal/Heroic raiding is what ruined the game for me completely.

    They should've just stuck with their TBC model, instead of having activision peel apart all the things that are financially sound or not. Good MMOs aren't made by cold financial analysis and resource management. They're made with passion and soul... there have never been dungeons that carried over the passion of Warcraft as good as the raiddungeons in TBC did, safe for perhaps ICC and Ulduar.

    It sounds sensible on paper to spend 30% of your resources if 30% of your playerbase spends most of it's time in it... But honestly when you think of it. Even top raiders spend perhaps only 10-20% of their online time actually raiding, does that mean that they suddenly want the devs to pay 80% less attention and effort on raiddungeons? Ofcourse not. It's dumb mathematics applied to a game...

    Nobody cared in Vanilla that only 5-10% of the players actually got to raid. The subscriptions kept going up and up... Nobody cared in TBC that only 5-10% of the players got to raid, the subscriptions kept rising at a high rate. When did subscriptions suddenly start staggering? When they started to mess with raiddungeons and had to split it up into 10 and 25-man raiding, normal and heroic raiding. That is when a lot of people lost their mojo and interest in raiding... ever since they've done that they've been struggling to keep their subscription numbers even. Subscriptions didn't rise when they added LFD or LFR either, or scenarios or made talents easier to understand ...

    I think Blizzard just has no real clue what they're doing. They are -thinking- that making the game more casual is going to make them able to milk the franchise longer, but they've nothing to back this theory up with. They're just trying to play safe... because they got no clue how they got a few million subscribers to begin with anyway.
    ♦ Scepticist ♦ Critic ♦ INTJ

  9. #29
    The Lightbringer Vellerix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cheshire, England
    Posts
    3,102
    LFR fulfills exactly what I want it to, so IMO it's a success, being a casual player myself, playing other games and having a life outside of gaming means I just want to log on, have some fun, maybe get a piece of loot and log off, that is what WoW is to me these days, and LFR does exactly what it promises to do, it gives me a quick, fun (most of the time) experience and let's me experience content without too much hassle, having a couple pieces of gear now and then is a nice little bonus.

  10. #30
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    LFR seems pretty crappy to me, killing piñatas with a bunch of strangers, and waiting 45 min to do it is an exercise in masochism. A lot of people like it though so it's probably here to stay.
    Compared to regimented raiding 3-4 times a week for 3-5hrs per day, dealing with epeens and "one more try for the night, 3 hours ago" raid leaders. Biased loot councils, dkp, etc etc, for a chance at an item or the oh so popular buy an item pug runs. Not to mention the GM's best friend who wants to be a tank but is horrible, but no one will say anything cause you'll pay for it when loot rolls come. Unhappy significant others that your spending 20+ hrs a week in a game instead of with them/family. Yeah those 45min waits (slight exageration, never more than 15mins on my realm even at peak) for a 30min raid crawl, so all in all an hour or two? for a run to get a chance at an item then your done for a week, oh and if you cant do it all in one sitting you have 7 days to get it done. Sounds horrible to me.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-07 at 02:38 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by powcsonka View Post
    Grinding valor weekly in LFR's isn't just seeing the lore, it's having your nose rubbed into it all expansion long. It's just as much of a repeat-a-fest as the herioics you seem to abhore. Heroics match up better to a friends list than mindless queing with 24 strangers. So, ya I know I'm right when I say 5 mans are more casual oriented.
    You seem to miss the point that GC has made multiple times, if your grinding LFR for Valor you are doing it wrong. Scenarios will be faster, hell 5 man's are faster. LFR is for raid content and the gear that drops there. I'm sure some use it to grind Valor but there are far more efficent ways to do so. I'm guessing your counter will be its a way to grind valor AND get epics.. You are correct. That is a biproduct of the design, would you like a cookie? Sorry LFR is here to stay, its a massive success and these threads will not change it. I could understand your point if Normal and Heroic where not available, but is not like your "difficult" raids have been removed. You still have the option to join a progression guild that raids in a more stable environment. Which means you are complaining of one of two things.....

    1) You can no longer AFK in your favorite look at me spot and have nubs marvel at your awesome epics that they will never have. Now that they have access to comparable gear that looks the same, your gym class hero mentality is no longer effective.

    2) Your raid was never that good anyway, and the grown ups who got tired of the old way of doing things moved on and are happy with the options LFR brings so they can have lives outside of spending 10-20hrs a week with 24 other mouth breathers who take a GAME way to seriously. Which probably also means its harder for your raid to fill those who burn out.

    But I understand the nostalgia cause ya know we all miss being yelled at and listening to the same excuses why JoJo is in the raid even though he dies every attempt, and barely contributes, but because he's there every week he gets priority over you cause he has more DKP.
    Last edited by Treesus; 2013-05-07 at 02:43 AM. Reason: Formatting

  11. #31
    LFR is good for story mode.
    Running it every week is completely wasting time/life/etc.

    Plus the gear drop rate is very low.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    LFR is good for story mode.
    Running it every week is completely wasting time/life/etc.

    Plus the gear drop rate is very low.
    Pretty much agree it's a waste of time. It only takes like what.. one hour these days? Even though you've "seen" it all you do it because of loot essentially. And then you get mad if you get nothing.
    The more puzzling question is that people do it multiple times a week on alts... like... fuck.
    Pretty shitty design and how it's "working" and keeping players content is just mind boggling. Any incentive to raid Normal or Heroic was destroyed for a bunch of players with LFR.

  13. #33
    Bloodsail Admiral De Lupe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Buildin' a sentry!
    Posts
    1,005
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    You know what I mean lol.... when you can afk in LFR and still get tier, you are not really putting much effort in. I didn't mean in the literal sense, that being said, LFR is about as challenging as navigating the AH. The only boss this tier that caused any problems was lei shen, and that's because nobody wanted to read the dungeon journal about him even though it's a mouse click away. LFR's popularity comes from the fact that you put in almost no effort and can come out with epics.
    I put in the same amount of effort into LFR that I used to put into ICC. Potions, food, elixirs, reading the fight details, etc. LFR is better for me. Why? I can log in and do it when I want. LFR's popularity comes from not being put onto a raiding schedule. People can raid on THEIR time, not the guild's.
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2013-05-07 at 03:55 AM.

  14. #34
    There are a LOT of people who enjoy LFR as their only raiding experience because they don't have the time or the desire to raid with a guild. Personally, I'd just go play some other game rather than suffer through that and then not even get to use the gear for "real" raiding, but to each their own. You can't expect Blizzard to get rid of something this wildly popular.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post
    Pretty much agree it's a waste of time. It only takes like what.. one hour these days? Even though you've "seen" it all you do it because of loot essentially. And then you get mad if you get nothing.
    The more puzzling question is that people do it multiple times a week on alts... like... fuck.
    Pretty shitty design and how it's "working" and keeping players content is just mind boggling. Any incentive to raid Normal or Heroic was destroyed for a bunch of players with LFR.
    raid Normal or Heroic weren't "destroyed" for LFR. Putting aside whether or not they were actually destroyed, it wasn't for the people on LFR. LFR exists because blizzard wants to put as many people as possible on the gear treadmill and this is how they do it. Don't blame the people using LFR, blame Blizzard for wanting to spend as little on content as possible.

  16. #36
    Eventually a balance will be struck between Sunwell and LFR. Eventually.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by powcsonka View Post
    Is blizz really serious when they say LFR is what casual players want, or just lazy? How can a 25 man raid sim with lag and melee vision issues be what casuals want? Sorry blizz, progressive tier 5 man heroics are much better content for us. Current = bad bad bad.
    What's 'laughable' is the amount of pointless, QQ-laced whinefest LFR topics. No reason whatsoever that your 'thoughts' couldn't have been added to one of the existing ones, they contribute nothing new or meaningful to these forums.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-07 at 04:52 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    Don't blame the people using LFR, blame Blizzard for wanting to spend as little on content as possible.
    Ass backwards comment is ass backwards. It actually takes MORE development resources to create multiple versions of raids, not less. Particularly in LFR's case, where the raids are broken up into chunks and have altered/modified mechanics.

    And the people using LFR - some of them, at least - are exactly what's wrong with it.

    No attempt/effort to appreciate the development of LFR versions of raids that are considerate to people with busy lives, or inability to get into a 10-25 raid group.

    No attempt to be sociable, decent or patient.

    Retard dpsers who pull bosses without a full group, or while complicated encounters like Durumu or Animus are being explained/discussed, or how about dps who queue as healers or tanks only to show up in their ret gear - people who go AFK and follow someone the entire run.

    Oh and those wonderful people who do everything in their power to die right off the bat, so they can AFK the rest of the fight and then say 'I didn't see a res sorry'.

    And that does even speak of the fact that nearly every time some of these people don't get gear, the forums here and at Battle.net are lit up with OMG WTF SO TIRED OF NO EPIX BLIZZ U FAIL AT DESIGN crybaby-whinefests.

    So yeah. Some players are very much the problem.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2013-05-07 at 04:54 AM.

  18. #38
    Not this again...

    Lock this please.

  19. #39
    LFR is great. If it wasn't there, everyone would be forced to play with butthurt douchebags who have the compulsive need to judge and police everyone around them and get angry every time when someone else gets a piece of gear. And who would want that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1
    You know when men aren't listening to you and they have erect penises whilst looking up to the sky thinking of multiple sex positions?

  20. #40
    Brewmaster Raxxed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    1,486
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    LFR is great. If it wasn't there, everyone would be forced to play with butthurt douchebags who have the compulsive need to judge and police everyone around them and get angry every time when someone else gets a piece of gear. And who would want that.
    What on earth are you talking about
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •