Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

LFR for casual content laughable?

Is blizz really serious when they say LFR is what casual players want, or just lazy? How can a 25 man raid sim with lag and melee vision issues be what casuals want? Sorry blizz, progressive tier 5 man heroics are much better content for us. Current = bad bad bad.

Are you saying that LFR is not for causals simply because it's 25-man? Maybe I'm misunderstanding your post...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by powcsonka View Post
    Is blizz really serious when they say LFR is what casual players want, or just lazy? How can a 25 man raid sim with lag and melee vision issues be what casuals want? Sorry blizz, progressive tier 5 man heroics are much better content for us. Current = bad bad bad.
    Lock incoming and obvious troll thread is obvious, but I'll bite because I'm bored and have 10 minutes to kill.

Some of us get to see raids. Before we didn't, or we saw less of them. I enjoy zoning out and DEEPSing while watching something on the other screen. After working all day it's quite cathartic... Plus I get to see the lore and the story content, which does interest me.

Keep in mind too that Blizz are on record saying that if more people are actually seeing raid content in any form, that's development resources they can put into developing bigger and better raids. Everybody wins.

Would I like more heroics? Hell yes. I want context-less AOE-fest mob-grinding scenarios to die in a fire... But it ain't going to happen. If what I get is LFR raids, then I'll take LFR raids.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

LFR seems pretty crappy to me, killing piñatas with a bunch of strangers, and waiting 45 min to do it is an exercise in masochism. A lot of people like it though so it's probably here to stay.

Next patch Blizz does exactly like you want and surprisingly, this new thread appears on forums:

"Is blizz really serious when they say progressive tier 5 man heroics is what casual players want, or just lazy? How can a 5 man dungeon with AoE fest and tanks topping dmg be what casuals want? Sorry blizz, LFR are much better content for us. Current = bad bad bad."

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    Lock incoming and obvious troll thread is obvious, but I'll bite because I'm bored and have 10 minutes to kill.

Some of us get to see raids. Before we didn't, or we saw less of them. I enjoy zoning out and DEEPSing while watching something on the other screen. After working all day it's quite cathartic... Plus I get to see the lore and the story content, which does interest me.

Keep in mind too that Blizz are on record saying that if more people are actually seeing raid content in any form, that's development resources they can put into developing bigger and better raids. Everybody wins.

Would I like more heroics? Hell yes. I want context-less AOE-fest mob-grinding scenarios to die in a fire... But it ain't going to happen. If what I get is LFR raids, then I'll take LFR raids.
    Don't you mean, EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!

Sorry, I had to!

10+ Year Old Account
    Would I like more heroics? Hell yes.
    Same. However - I don't want tier heroics like the OP wants. First time we had those, it was TotC/ICC dungeons, and next expac was troll dungeons forever and then Endtime dungeons forever.

Bad enough having fewer heroics at the start of an expansion, being forced to run fewer and fewer ones as time goes on is even worse. I'll glady take loads of LFR wings instead, please.

Plus I get to see the lore and the story content, which does interest me.
    Grinding valor weekly in LFR's isn't just seeing the lore, it's having your nose rubbed into it all expansion long. It's just as much of a repeat-a-fest as the herioics you seem to abhore. Heroics match up better to a friends list than mindless queing with 24 strangers. So, ya I know I'm right when I say 5 mans are more casual oriented.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grinding valor weekly in LFR's isn't just seeing the lore, it's having your nose rubbed into it all expansion long. It's just as much of a repeat-a-fest as the herioics you seem to abhore. Heroics match up better to a friends list than mindless queing with 24 strangers. So, ya I know I'm right when I say 5 mans are more casual oriented.
    Well, here's the thing: I exercise my choice not to waste time with that. I do it a couple times before I get bored. I wait until some decent ilvl epic PVP gear hits the vendors in X.1 or X.2, fill in my slots with that, then get whatever LFR and valor vendors have available for me. It's not like I need to be grinding to get gear for normal-mode raiding or anything.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

I'm of the same opinion, I think the allure of LFR is that you can pretty much get epics without putting in effort beyond just waiting a while. For that, it definitely does please a significant portion of the fan base, I just can't imagine it'd be much fun after the third or fourth week lol. The only way I do LFR now is just afk on bosses while auto attacking em.

Why don't you start speaking for yourself, instead of trying to speak for millions.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

5man's mean less raid content, 5mans are faceroll and easy and will never be hard, 1 ra-den > 5 heroic 5mans anyday.

bored of boosting ppl doing under 250k dps through 5mans for vp.

LFR slowed the sub-loss considerably, and it even boosted it for a while. I think it's exactly what a lot of people were looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    After reading quite a few posts from the more casual players I wish Blizz would give them their heroic dungeons and lock them out of LFR's until they kill the bosses on normal.
    If they could clear normal then LFR wouldn't exist. Hell. LFR wouldn't exist if loot was mailed to you in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    After reading quite a few posts from the more casual players I wish Blizz would give them their heroic dungeons and lock them out of LFR's until they kill the bosses on normal.
    you can see the content and get some 502 gear but only after you've managed a full normal clear, never happening stupid idea.

LFR is a complete drag. If I wanted to wipe on bosses 3-6 times every time I join a group I would join a different raiding guild every week. I raided hardcore for 3 years and got extremely burnt out on WoW. Playing a lot less these days but I'm starting to get the same feeling from LFR

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    I'm of the same opinion, I think the allure of LFR is that you can pretty much get epics without putting in effort beyond just waiting a while. For that, it definitely does please a significant portion of the fan base, I just can't imagine it'd be much fun after the third or fourth week lol. The only way I do LFR now is just afk on bosses while auto attacking em.
    You do realize if no one puts effort in LFR that bosses wouldn't die right? Bosses in LFR simply just don't "OMG this is LFR, here is your loot!" and die at the sight of the LFR Raiders. LFR doesn't need as much effort as Normals and Heroic raids, but they need a little effort put in to them.

It's like attending a warfare re-enactment and receiving a gift bag at the end. For many that's quite enough.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Theendgamelv3 View Post
    You do realize if no one puts effort in LFR that bosses wouldn't die right? Bosses in LFR simply just don't "OMG this is LFR, here is your loot!" and die at the sight of the LFR Raiders. LFR doesn't need as much effort as Normals and Heroic raids, but they need a little effort put in to them.
    You know what I mean lol.... when you can afk in LFR and still get tier, you are not really putting much effort in. I didn't mean in the literal sense, that being said, LFR is about as challenging as navigating the AH. The only boss this tier that caused any problems was lei shen, and that's because nobody wanted to read the dungeon journal about him even though it's a mouse click away. LFR's popularity comes from the fact that you put in almost no effort and can come out with epics.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    You know what I mean lol.... when you can afk in LFR and still get tier, you are not really putting much effort in. I didn't mean in the literal sense, that being said, LFR is about as challenging as navigating the AH. The only boss this tier that caused any problems was lei shen, and that's because nobody wanted to read the dungeon journal about him even though it's a mouse click away. LFR's popularity comes from the fact that you put in almost no effort and can come out with epics.
    I don't mind carrying people like you in my LFRs. LFR is designed so that enough people trying can carry the lazy and/or bad. I'm cool with that. Of course, if enough people vote to kick, I'll probably click yes. I won't kick people who are trying and just not doing well. But auto-attackers I'll kick no problem.