Question about priests in general

Hello all.

So I am at a point now where I have never played a caster for most end game content. However I really want too.

I leveled a warlock and enjoyed it a lot but the uselessness that is Warlock in arena is really disgraceful. So I made this toon in the end, but never really gave it a chance.

I like the fact that with a priest I can dps and heal. And being able to heal opens up a lot of opportunities for me as a player.

What would you suggest for a priest over a warlock, or a warlock over a priest? Making same thread in other forum to get unbiased ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by kruor View Post
    What would you suggest for a priest over a warlock, or a warlock over a priest? Making same thread in other forum to get unbiased ideas.
    Well I can tell you that making the thread in the other forum is only going to create a flame war between the different classes. But what I can say is that the utility that warlocks come with is fairly useful (healthstones, portals, battle res) however I think you're comparing it simply to healing. Pure DPS classes aren't supposed to be full of tools like hybrids are.

But in my honest opinion, being my main for years, I would opt for priest

you're not a fan of locks in PvP, and you like the priests healing option. it sounds like you've made your decision.

unless there are some significant coefficient changes coming, warlocks are a lot better for pve dps at every gear level. if you're interested in healing, priests are awesome + they have two (very different) healing specs.

Quote Originally Posted by snaxattax View Post
    unless there are some significant coefficient changes coming, warlocks are a lot better for pve dps at every gear level. if you're interested in healing, priests are awesome + they have two (very different) healing specs.
    Pretty much this. Don't roll priest if you want to be a DPS. Our days of vying for top spot are long since gone.