Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    IF those guys made up a kickstarter deal there would be milions of $$$ geting in their hands. Not too say game would be polished.
    I realy wonder why they didnt do that.
    Kickstarter is not really intended to be a marketing platform for companies that do not need financial assistance, probably why it never arrived there. Also thats gameplay in the alpha or earlier stage of development, polish is far from what could be expected

Deleted
    Oh no terrible franchise is in the hands of a terrible company

Conflicted.

On the one hand, it means we'll probably get to see Battlefront 3 and some action/RPG game (KOTOR3?). But it's still EA, so I'm very worried about what they have planned in terms of DRM, DLC, Pre-order exclusives, Regional exclusives and the list could probably go on.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Baldur's Gate hasnt been relevant for about 10 years. Dragons Age 1 was alright. Dragons age 2 was a lazy rushed piece of crap. Mass Effect stopped really being an RPG after 1.

Bioware is NOT the developer for RPG.
    Take me now

---------- Post added 2013-05-07 at 06:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Conflicted.

On the one hand, it means we'll probably get to see Battlefront 3 and some action/RPG game (KOTOR3?). But it's still EA, so I'm very worried about what they have planned in terms of DRM, DLC, Pre-order exclusives, Regional exclusives and the list could probably go on.
    Yeah

I assume they'll have dice do some sort of Battlefront 3 facsimile, even if they don't call it that.
    And while I think it'll probably be ok gameplay wise, I dread what EA'll slap on as extras :\

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I really hope Disney knows what they are getting into when they decided to let EA keep publishing games for the franchise. I mean, SW: TOR was a major disaster, and if EA decides to cash in on the games in the worst ways possible to the point that they are financial failures as well, then I don't see Disney being that willing to let EA use their franchise anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulus View Post
    Omg. Here comes $60 DLC with NEW COLOR lightsabers! Right. Instead of peacefully burying the franchise - they'll just start beating the horse now. This makes me sad.
    Eh, Star Wars has been a beaten horse for the last 30 years. Hell, decisions in the movie were made on the basis of selling action figures. Han Solo had originally been planned to be killed, but Lucas didn't want to do it because a dead Han Solo can't sell Han Solo dolls.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Over all I am not worry. I have no problem with EA, and I still play SWtOR (Yes some people love the game).
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Eh, Star Wars has been a beaten horse for the last 30 years. Hell, decisions in the movie were made on the basis of selling action figures. Han Solo had originally been planned to be killed, but Lucas didn't want to do it because a dead Han Solo can't sell Han Solo dolls.
    Wrong. Mr. Ford asked if Han could be killed and Mr. Lucas said no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrong. Mr. Ford asked if Han could be killed and Mr. Lucas said no.

;D Woot

Go go Star Wars
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    ;D Woot

Go go Star Wars
    I think Mr. Ford hates Star Wars and Han Solo was on of his list lest favored roles. That's the vibe I get form him any ways when Star Wars is brought up.
    Last edited by Solzan Nemesis; 2013-05-08 at 04:43 AM.

Meh, I'm over hating on both game companies and franchises.

It takes a certain amount of obsession to be hating on something after so much time... let it go. Move on..find something you do like.

Hey, if they make new games, which they clearly will, then I'll see what the games are like....maybe I'll like them, maybe I won't.

What a novel concept.

I think EA was the only one with deep enough pockets to pony up the dough and pay the mouse for the rights. My only real issue is that EA has fully embraced the micro-transaction model, so no matter what games we get, expect to continue paying if you want additional content and features.

One thing has piqued my curiosity, it was the caveat to the agreement that said that the mouse has retained the rights to develop additional games on the "mobile, social and online game categories". The original agreement to develop SWTOR was done back in 2008 and given the lack luster performance, could we get another Star Wars MMO? Wishful thinking I know, but I hold out hope for another star wars based sandbox MMO like Galaxies.