Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    agreed. this story and the one about ten really show that the pandaren don't give a shit about their children, just like they apparently don't give a shit about anything except for food, beer and mogu dictatorship.
    I hope this isnt supposed to be a dig at Asian parents on the part of Blizzard. OT: Dezco is the reason I changed my Draenei Paladin to Tauren.

Deleted
    Fighting with your children strapped on to you as "add-on" armor to your armor isn't smart...

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Fighting with your children strapped on to you as "add-on" armor to your armor isn't smart...
    This. Fake forced drama and tragedy doesn't make a good story, nor do characters making stupid decisions just to facilitate it. This was a major flop of a story.

Wow, Dezco really is just WoW's very own 'Bad Luck Brian', isn't he? Poor.. also a bit stupid.. guy. D:

Also, Pandaren are apparently big assholes?

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmar View Post
    This. Fake forced drama and tragedy doesn't make a good story, nor do characters making stupid decisions just to facilitate it. This was a major flop of a story.
    what part of Redhoof being taken by a quilen and he rushen after him with Cloudhoof under his arm did you find "fake forced"

No Tusk Club.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostblade View Post
    what part of Redhoof being taken by a quilen and he rushen after him with Cloudhoof under his arm did you find "fake forced"
    The fact that he was running to battle with child under his arm. You have to be retarded to do that.

Or Tauren.

The part where he took his kid with him despite having a clear and present alternate choice to leave him with the refugees who were fleeing the battle. He even says it's the best course of action only to turn around with a lame excuse of, "No I must keep him with me." I saw the kid's death coming a thousand miles away because I knew at that point they were going to milk it for tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    The fact that he was running to battle with child under his arm. You have to be retarded to do that.

Or Tauren.
    He was more arrogant than foolish, since he believed that no one but himself could protect his children and he paid for said arrogance.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2013-05-07 at 08:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogg-Saron, God of Death View Post
    Wow, Dezco really is just WoW's very own 'Bad Luck Brian', isn't he? Poor.. also a bit stupid.. guy. D:

Also, Pandaren are apparently big assholes?
    They always been great assholes, with all that "we know better what important in life" combined with derptastic comments about everything.

What actually shocked me was level of indoctrinaction in ranks of golden lotus. These guys are pretty much brainwashed from childhood, and don't ask any question while rushing to battle. Imperial guard would be proud.
    But then i guess considering how weak celestials are, they had to make army of fully dependant cannon fodder for they own protection.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some of you are trying way too hard to be edgy.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    And others are trying too hard to be sensitive.

"LIK DIS IF U CRY EVERITIM!!!!!!!"

Calling a poorly written story poorly written isn't being edgy last I checked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Loved it!!!!!

Welcome to the internet my friend. A bit late to the party but glad you could make it all the same.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    in the beginning, dezco is doing an ancient tauren ritual to honor his late wife's death.
    the golden lotus comes to the horde shrine to do a ritual and discover if there was a child among the shrine kids that could join the golden lotus.
    mokimo (the hozen) loves dezco's kids as if they were his own.
    none of the pandaren children react to the ritual, but dezco's sons do.
    chi-ji tells dezco to choose one son to stay with the golden lotus. the other son could stay with dezco.
    dezco doesn't want to leave any of his sons, so he decides to run away with both kids.
    the golden lotus follow dezco, but they don't try to persuade him from his decision of running away.
    mogu are invading the valley and shit.
    a quilen grabs one of dezco's son and runs to his mogu master.
    dezco and mokimo run to save the kid.
    they manage to take the kid back, but in the fight, dezco's other kid gets crushed.
    both mokimo and dezco's surviving son are poisoned by the mogu's dagger.
    they go to the pools in the valley and the pool of hope and chi-ji cure the kid and mokimo, but the dead kid doesn't revive.
    dezco decides to let the remaining baby join the golden lotus.
    in the end, dezco starts preparing himself to do the ritual again, for his son's death.

Saddest of it all:

dezco suspects it was he who crushed his son during the battle, so worried to rescue the captive baby that he forgot about the other one.

I'm not understanding something here. Why would a tauren have to give up his kid to the pandaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    I'm not understanding something here. Why would a tauren have to give up his kid to the pandaran?
    The Order of the Golden Lotus selects initiates when they're at a young age and raises them with special training. Everyone seemed to just assume that Devoc would happily give up his chosen offspring to the order, it being a great honor and all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    The Order of the Golden Lotus selects initiates when they're at a young age and raises them with special training. Everyone seemed to just assume that Devoc would happily give up his chosen offspring to the order, it being a great honor and all.
    I would understand if they were pandaran children. But WTF? Who are they to demand a child from another race?

10+ Year Old Account
    I would understand if they were pandaran children. But WTF? Who are they to demand a child from another race?
    they don't demand. it was his choice in the end. If he said no he thought the golden lotus would be very dissapointed and would kind of shun the horde away. Basicly all the golden lotus did was : use a special technique to find new members and then the parents must give premission for there child to join. and for Pandaren its a honor, for Dezco it was diffrent.

No Tusk Club.

10+ Year Old Account
    they don't demand. it was his choice in the end. If he said no he thought the golden lotus would be very dissapointed and would kind of shun the horde away. Basicly all the golden lotus did was : use a special technique to find new members and then the parents must give premission for there child to join. and for Pandaren its a honor, for Dezco it was diffrent.

I guess I should read it instead of going off a summary. I didn't see a choice they way he put it in the summary.

Did the Golden Lotus tell him he did not have to give up either kid?

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess I should read it instead of going off a summary. I didn't see a choice they way he put it in the summary.

Did the Golden Lotus tell him he did not have to give up either kid?
    chi'ji said that one of the children was destined for the golden lotus and dezco had to choice which one. Mokimo the strong ( the Hozen in the shrine and a member of the golden lotus) kept reassuring that this was dezco his choice.

they basicly hoped that dezco would choose one of his children for the golden lotus more or less.

No Tusk Club.