Poll: Should we ignore the loss of freedom and liberty?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    aren't we jumpy....this is the 1st time i ever in my 1900 posts ever said anything about Fox. Whooosa man. Whooosa
    You mistake my calling you out for a typical BS post as being angry.

Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    Many would argue that even NPR has a liberal bias. And don't mention you listen to Al-J in the south. I'm pretty sure the lynch mob would come out.
    Many are stupid. NPR tends to argue the merits of both sides of an issue, much better than any of the other networks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Maybe I should make a blog about Fox News....

:3
    We have enough blogs about inane bullshit. That's what Tumblr is for.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Taken out of context, while Obama does aim to control more aspects in America by making them a government responsibility, he isn't a tyrant and saying to avoid the loss of your civil liberties. There is so many ways to interpret this, so there isn't a clear cut answer, but just because an action could be grouped together with that of a tyrants actions, doesn't mean he is a tyrant or wants to be one, since you can only really define a tyrant by the sum of his/her actions.

PS - I am not an Obama supporter (I don't affiliate with political parties), but he isn't as bad as everyone makes him out to be, but by no means would I consider him to be a good President. Tbh, I don't think I like the job any President has done if you evaluate the whole of their terms, not single achievements, the closest to a good President for me would be George Washington, and that is simply because he didn't want to be President yet did it for the benefit of the people (even though he was not a good person...killing Native Americans, generally a bad General, etc.)

I wonder how much popcorn arctic daishi has to buy to accompany these threads of his

Quote Originally Posted by UnCorpse View Post
    If Obama weren't black, people wouldn't make these shitty threads, discuss.
    Or at least people wouldn't pay attention to them.
    Because people didn't pay attention to Bush, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Daishi View Post
    I wonder if Obama realizes that the United States is a federal constitutional republic, not a democracy?
    I wonder if people actually believe this particularly stupid point of rhetoric to be a deeply correct point.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    1. He's also white
    2. People have legitimate complaints against him, and those who have illegitimate complaints will find things to complain about regardless of his skin color simply due to partisan tribalism.
    I truly do think it is a lot worse because even though he is of mixed race, and identifies himself as black, people see him as black.

I'm less naive about this than I was in 2008. There are a lot of people - not just Americans but people - who simply do not like other human beings because of there racial background.

Am I saying this guys is racist or a lot of anti-Obama people are racist? No. But I think it magnifies the OVERALL dislike of him. Obama, politically, is right of Bill Clinton, left of Reagan, left of Bush '43 roughly where George H.W. Bush was. He is a "political consensus" Democratic, who hews more to political realism than political idealism. It's a good place for ANY president to be, Democrat or Republican. Bush '43, at some moments, occupied this space too. But still, he is in many ways more conservative than Bill Clinton was.

There are lots of people out there today... white people, who despite Obama but miss "Bubba". It makes absolutely zero sense except that they could relate with Bubba and not with the professatorial, black Obama.

But the net effect is, it really doesn't matter. Obama won reelection and it wasn't even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    And every other new agency in the US.
    This is a total cop-out, there is such a thing as degree. Just because all news has some bias doesn't mean it's okay for a news agency to be outrageously, blatantly biased.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you really want to see a live action sideshow go read HuffPo comments.
    I've made it a point to not read the comments of any major news outlets' website. Pure garbage most of the time.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    This is a total cop-out, there is such a thing as degree. Just because all news has some bias doesn't mean it's okay for a news agency to be outrageously, blatantly biased.
    I didn't argue that it was. I was simply pointing out that the mob loves to bash Fox News, but rarely looks in the mirror.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't argue that it was. I was simply pointing out that the mob loves to bash Fox News, but rarely looks in the mirror.
    Have you seen the ratings for other news networks? I don't think that counts as a mob.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I wonder how much popcorn arctic daishi has to buy to accompany these threads of his
    He doesn't eat popcorn. It has hormones in it that makes you become feminine, dependent, and depressed.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

To be fair, Fox is really the worst offender. Followed closely by MSNBC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like I said before, you'll always find what you're looking for.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

oh another thing that Obama has said/done that will lead to the end of western civilization. way to take pretty much everything about this speech out of context. and slapped with an incredibly biased poll to boot. the speech is bout how the next generation needs to change how the government works. because its obvious as fuck the people involved with it now would rather keep the same bullshit spinning one.

the mob owns a news corporation??

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    To be fair, Fox is really the worst offender. Followed closely by MSNBC.
    They certainly are. For some reason, people are mistaking my calling out someone for a bullshit post as defending Fox News. I think they are all equally laughable personally.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Like I said before, you'll always find what you're looking for.
    except love of course

He doesn't eat popcorn. It has hormones in it that makes you become feminine, dependent, and depressed.
    /stares at the screen

/popcorn falls out of his hands back into the bowl

/half-eaten popcorn dribbles out of his mouth

....is... is that true?

=(