Thread: Fire trinkets?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Fire trinkets?

I'm a little lost as to which two trinkets I should be most concerned about?
    I'm in a raid with a bunch of people who all need the same trinkets some nights depending on who is sitting.
    (two warlocks and an spriest) I don't want to take the wrong trinket if someone needs it over me. :] thanks.

Breath of the hydra and Cha ye's essence of brilliance

hydra + trinket from council

10+ Year Old Account
    Well as a fire mage you deffo want the trinket from dark animus with passive crit and int on proc, whether your second trinket should by hydro or councils trinket is debatable. I'm going for the council trinket for my 2nd trinket.

Nimryas - EU-Kazzak ~ My youtube channel

Quote Originally Posted by Janir View Post
    hydra + trinket from council
    and it goes on and on ... No.

Breath of the hydra and Cha ye's is true, you dont want to miss the Big Crit stat from Cha ye's.
    Theres a Post with the Trinket discussion, take a look on it but for Fire these two Trinkts truly best

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vouxility View Post
    and it goes on and on ... No.

Breath of the hydra and Cha ye's is true, you dont want to miss the Big Crit stat from Cha ye's.
    Theres a Post with the Trinket discussion, take a look on it but for Fire these two Trinkts truly best
    The numbers points at Wushoolay's being better than BotH, argue all you want but the output is just to good to not take it.

Would like to see someone do some visual output chart with trinkets like the one we had for DS, but do take into account that Council and Megarea are early heroic progression bosses, so you'll likely get the heroic version of those trinkets first before you get a heroic animus trinket. If you raid normals then I'd take whatever drops first.

You should defiantly check out the trinket thread, it has a lot of detail on all the 5.2 trinkets.

For fire all I know is the lei shen trinket is miles better for other classes than for mages

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aktec View Post
    You should defiantly check out the trinket thread, it has a lot of detail on all the 5.2 trinkets.

For fire all I know is the lei shen trinket is miles better for other classes than for mages
    The Lei Shen trinket is absolute crap for mages. Now, the difference between Hydra and the Council trinket is there but its going to come to using them correctly and getting lucky on procs. I have the Tforged Normal Hydra and am in love with it. 7500 int on proc static for 20 seconds gives me plenty of time to get a combust off, as well the passive haste/crit(Reforge) is fantastic as well.

Now, I'm bathing in hit right now and the council trinket would only exasterbate that problem. That being said, IF you line up your ignite and pyro chain with Wooshoolay procs you can get monster combusts that way. "Which is better" is going to depend on your neccessity of hit. I noticed on AMR as my gear passively got more hit on it Woosholay lost value and BoH gained. (Assuming their Trinket modeling for fire is correct)

Deleted
    Cha ye's essence of brilliance (Dark Animus) > Wushoolay's (Council) > Breath of the hydra (Megaera) >>> The one from lei shen > VP trinket

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxter View Post
    Cha ye's essence of brilliance (Dark Animus) > Wushoolay's (Council) > Breath of the hydra (Megaera) >>> The one from lei shen > VP trinket
    Where did you get this? The VP trinket is quite nice if used for combustion, I would not put it behind the Lei Shen trinket.. (I believe UVLS is the acronym)

Cha'ye's and Wushoolay's in my personal opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to thank everyone for the replies! This is extremely helpful. I will check out the other thread. :] now I won't make the mistake of taking that trink from our other casters.

Also TOEP > All. I bid 3 months worth of DKP on that thing.

The council trinket is not bad at all, but, it can be a pain in the arse if it comes down to reforging. There is so much loot with 'hit' out there, that I have seen mages that forged away all possible hit to another stat, and were still 2% above cap. The problem of the trinket and the huge amount of hit, is that you maybe always cant forge the highest secondary stat on an item to crit (for example, there are items out there with 500 hit and 800 mastery/haste).

So, especially the heroic thunderforged version of this trinket 2x upgraded in 5.3 to dramatise it a little more, has 1887 hit on it. 40% of that is 755, so you are stuck with 1132 hit on just that item. 1% hit is 340 so 1132/340=3,33% hit on just 1 item. You better prey you are not a draenei, or gnome with sword/dagger or human with sword. You will have a very hard time getting near 15%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nohara View Post
    The council trinket is not bad at all, but, it can be a pain in the arse if it comes down to reforging. There is so much loot with 'hit' out there, that I have seen mages that forged away all possible hit to another stat, and were still 2% above cap. The problem of the trinket and the huge amount of hit, is that you maybe always cant forge the highest secondary stat on an item to crit (for example, there are items out there with 500 hit and 800 mastery/haste).

So, especially the heroic thunderforged version of this trinket 2x upgraded in 5.3 to dramatise it a little more, has 1887 hit on it. 40% of that is 755, so you are stuck with 1132 hit on just that item. 1% hit is 340 so 1132/340=3,33% hit on just 1 item. You better prey you are not a draenei, or gnome with sword/dagger or human with sword. You will have a very hard time getting near 15%.
    I havn't found any problem with being over hit cap and I'm using the heroic version to be honest, since now alot of our prefered items have crit/haste instead of crit/hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Envyadams View Post
    The numbers points at Wushoolay's being better than BotH, argue all you want but the output is just to good to not take it.
    Except with RPPM and Fire, we already have RNG on top of RNG. With Wushoolay, you're risking a further RNG over RNG.

If your shit proccs and you're ready to Alter Time with 1 Wush stack, then you need to wait for more stacks, but then you'll probably lose Cha-Ye, JS, or Meta procc (all of which are 10s or 12s long), or your Hot Streak and be unable to get it back.

I already have enough RNG bullshit to deal with with Breath, CY, and Meta. Wush is where I draw the line.

---------- Post added 2013-05-10 at 04:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by blaxter View Post
    Cha-Ye >> Wushoolay ~=~ Breath of Hydra >>> Shado-Pan Assault VP >>> UVLS
    Fixed that for you.

Wushoolay is all a matter of opinion and luck. If you want even MORE RNG bullshit to deal with, enjoy using it. Otherwise, I'll stick to having Haste > Hit, and a more reliable trinket.

Now if you have to choose between Wushoolay and UVLS or the Shado-Pan trinket (or a previous tier trinket), then you're just being dumb. Wushoolay is a great choice, just, I think it's slightly worse than Breath due to Haste > Hit (keep in mind RPPM scales with Haste), and Less RNG > More RNG. Wushoolay has a higher potential, but a wider range of damage, both low and high. (Hmmm, sounds like Fire vs Frost/Arcane)
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2013-05-10 at 08:10 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Except with RPPM and Fire, we already have RNG on top of RNG. With Wushoolay, you're risking a further RNG over RNG.

If your shit proccs and you're ready to Alter Time with 1 Wush stack, then you need to wait for more stacks, but then you'll probably lose Cha-Ye, JS, or Meta procc (all of which are 10s or 12s long), or your Hot Streak and be unable to get it back.

I already have enough RNG bullshit to deal with with Breath, CY, and Meta. Wush is where I draw the line.
    Exact reason why BotH is better if you lust on start with combustion. Given it needs to proc. Now Wush will be better if you count just overall time for fire, but as starting dps is more important than ever, BotH is just really strong. The difference is small though, so which ever you get as HC or HC-TF, don't replace them until same or better ilevel of the other trinket. Plus BotH is better for arcane in my mind.

While I don't have experience with BotH, I acquired Wushoo this week, it does put me at .04 over hit cap but holy shit, the amount of int you get (just as a reminder it builds up to 15,930 int by the end) is huge, enough to noticeably have effect on my crit rating, now all of this talk about timing combustions and how rng the trinket is, it really isn't that bad and procs ALL THE TIME, regardless of wether it is bis or not, if you have a shot at this trinket, get it it isn't going to be a dps loss over what you have