Malware Ad on MMO-Champs?

So guys it took me forever to actually get on the forums and post this up..

Im not sure if its just me.. or everyone else without Adblock but.. whenever I load up MMO-champs I get this warning.

Danger: Malware Ahead!
    Google Chrome has blocked access to this page on www.mmo-champion.com.
    Content from e-ads.eqads.com, a known malware distributor, has been inserted into this web page. Visiting this page now is very likely to infect your computer with malware.
    Malware is malicious software that causes things like identity theft, financial loss, and permanent file deletion.

Whats up with it? Anyone else?
    I cant even look at front page for more then a split second without Chrome telling me theres a Malware.

MMO-Champ uses an outside service for their adds. Go to the 'admin' forums to report bad ads.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    MMO-Champ uses an outside service for their adds. Go to the 'admin' forums to report bad ads.
    and where is said "admin" forum?

Here's the thread for reporting these kind of things: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...orting-bad-ads

Quote Originally Posted by Lokoz View Post
    and where is said "admin" forum?
    I couldn't remember the name of it. It is suggestions and bugs forum. Nyanmaru linked you right to relevant thread, however

Internet people should either make their method of generating income safe for their audience, or find another source of income alltogether. If they do neither, eventually things like Noscript and Adblock will be on every machine, and they'll have no income. Right now, for a consumer, there is ample reason to use such software, and no good one to not do so. Once knowledge and general internet aptitude spreads, so will the use of these and similar add-ons.

nothing new, thats why i dont come here anymore with my personal computer, just sniffing a bit from work.

Had it aswell OP. Really annoying they can't keep it under controle. I dont mind add's, WITHOUT ADD'S we would have sub shit all over the internet and things we would haft to pay for, we live inn a capalististic run world, and that won't change, but atleast keep sites clean.

edit: Like the 3-5th time aswell for me.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    google chrome doesn't block adds? why is it such a popular browser then?

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    without adds quite a few web sites would go out of business, including this one. so i'm glad most popular browsers don't block them...
    Proud member of the zero infraction club (lets see how long this can last =)

Quote Originally Posted by goobernoob View Post
    without adds quite a few web sites would go out of business, including this one. so i'm glad most popular browsers don't block them...
    For sure. I love all the add-blocking people, who can't think off the larger picture. Yes you hear about top 100 sites making ton of money, but for thoes out off the top 100 trafficated sites, you need add money to keep it going. We all gotta make money somewhere.

Good example off no add money is the independent site you know as wikipedia. It has no add's, they haft to go out and "beg" for money. So just cause its a top 5(10?) site, dosen't mean it makes money enough to sustain itself.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    nothing new, thats why i dont come here anymore with my personal computer, just sniffing a bit from work.
    Oh noes mmo-c will totally kill your computer. Such ads come through every now and then and are promptly removed by the admins.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    It does block adds.. if you install adblock of course..

Edit: I also installed Adblock until this issue is fixed.. I'll remove it once some mods let us know they fixed it.. since I cant even look at front page without Chrome blocking the site.

Quote Originally Posted by kivipää View Post
    Internet people should either make their method of generating income safe for their audience, or find another source of income alltogether. If they do neither, eventually things like Noscript and Adblock will be on every machine, and they'll have no income. Right now, for a consumer, there is ample reason to use such software, and no good one to not do so. Once knowledge and general internet aptitude spreads, so will the use of these and similar add-ons.
    You realize "another source of income" would be subscription services to view the site, right? The more you block the ads the more you force websites to charge you, because you can't be bothered to deal with a little box.

Sites can't stop it if shit ads get leaked in. That's just something that's going to happen, and you're purposefully being naive if you think they support that. They do their best to stop that.

If they do neither, eventually things like Noscript and Adblock will be on every machine, and they'll have no income.
    And you realize that if this happens, and no site generates income, this isn't just a loss for them but a loss for you. Do you think Boubouille does this stuff as a hobby? Do you think content creators create their content just because it's fun? They do it because it's their career. If the money leaves the internet, the content leaves the internet, and consumers have no content to bitch about. Everyone blocking ads would be a loss for everyone, and should not be a future you hope for. The internet will become a desolate place of crap content with no effort or entirely subscription based for every website.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2013-05-08 at 03:22 AM.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    And you realize that if this happens, and no site generates income, this isn't just a loss for them but a loss for you. Do you think Boubouille does this stuff as a hobby? Do you think content creators create their content just because it's fun? They do it because it's their career. If the money leaves the internet, the content leaves the internet, and consumers have no content to bitch about. Everyone blocking ads would be a loss for everyone, and should not be a future you hope for. The internet will become a desolate place of crap content with no effort or entirely subscription based for every website.
    This is just your opinion of course. Things will change yes but sites will no longer have a corporate air about them, the sites that resurface will be the ones built out of a labour of love and not fuelled by money. I for one think that this would be a good thing and reminds me of when I first discovered the internet when people didn't have money signs in their eyes.

I have ads blocked because they try and brainwash you usually with someone acting slightly idiotic or unnatural at the forefront. They do nothing for me except use up space and bandwidth in my browser.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're welcome to report bad ads through the http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...orting-bad-ads thread, but this is not a place to discuss how ad revenue works