Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Had a warlock in my last guild do ~50k on Elegon with ~480 item level. After the second set of orb buffs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Seen sub 20k quite a few times in LFD and sub 40k quite often in LFR.

Deleted
    Me on my first char on max lvl. It was a mage and I didn't even have a dmg meter installed, so I can't say how bad I was for sure. It was my first heroic ever and it was Shadow Fang Keep pre nerf at the start of cata. I was simply mindlessly spamming arcane blasts until i was oom and then i stood around waiting for mana. What was actually surprising was the fact that I didn't get kicked (even though I wiped us on several occasions) but I got a little help about how my general rotation was supposed to work and what Counterspell was (if I remember correctly, the other 4 people were all guildmates from another server)^^ I was doing something around 2k dps and well, in those early cata hcs, having me in your pug was pretty deadly.

Needless to say, I have improved since then and I even started to raid later on (with my peak of raiding in DS scoring Madness hc server 3rd). Giving a noob a lesson is awesome, I love the fact that there are still such people around.

There's a grey area here that is often missed by both sides. Something about only the Sith see in absolutes.

Not everyone should expect a mage to scribble spreadsheet data all over the walls of where they live and min-max to do 99% of their optimum or higher at all times. On the other hand, being so low on dps that you hit the enrage timer on twins in lfr is a large issue. You can say, "As long as bosses die.." and I'll respect your opinion but there's also a line on that. "As long as the boss dies by relying on the healers to heal several seconds into the enrage like a boss due to a fire mage spamming frost bolt" is not okay. Long story short, nobody can expect everyone to be in method...but that's no excuse for performing so poorly at your role that you are a detriment to everyone else in your group.

Deleted
    A moonkin doing 11k dps on a heroic shado-pan monastery run.
    I don't care about baddies and badly geared people on randoms, bacause you can just faceroll through with a decent healer (me) and 1 avarage DD (90k-ish).... but this particular run was aweful: I've been outdpsing everyone by miles as discipline (so 40-60k overall), this moonkin guy doing 11k, a frost mage barely reaching 30k and a hunter body-pulling everything through the dungeon, with a tank with less HP than me and in full pvp gear.
    NOT FUN.

I've been witness to an arms warrior doing around 14k in reg MSV. In mostly epics with a couple of blues...

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    700 dps from a mage in scholmance. /follow tank /startattack /repeat

Of course he lost in the end since I was healing and had him removed from the realm of the living via artificial selection.
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Museigen View Post
    There's a grey area here that is often missed by both sides. Something about only the Sith see in absolutes.

Not everyone should expect a mage to scribble spreadsheet data all over the walls of where they live and min-max to do 99% of their optimum or higher at all times. On the other hand, being so low on dps that you hit the enrage timer on twins in lfr is a large issue. You can say, "As long as bosses die.." and I'll respect your opinion but there's also a line on that. "As long as the boss dies by relying on the healers to heal several seconds into the enrage like a boss due to a fire mage spamming frost bolt" is not okay. Long story short, nobody can expect everyone to be in method...but that's no excuse for performing so poorly at your role that you are a detriment to everyone else in your group.
    I've got the same opinion. it's okay to suck somewhat in a random group, but if you suck too badly, you hold back the group, especially in smaller groups like scenarios and heroics. in LFR, the better people can compensate somewhat. if they pull 20K in a heroic or scenario, 40K in a 5.0 LFR and 60K in a ToT LFR, I think they're doing just fine.

As an experiment one day, I specced my Rogue Alt (who has a mixmatch of LFR gear from pretty much every tier, but no gems, enchants or reforges) into Shuriken toss, and did all 4 bosses of ToES doing NOTHING but spamming Shuriken Toss and using combo points for Deadly Throw + keeping Slice and Dice up. I still managed to come in anywhere from 7th to 10th on dps for every single fight.

I do sometimes wonder how people manage to pull the dps they do though. I have seen ret paladins and warriors, who dont die, manage to pull 12k dps for the fight in some LFR encounters. I mean, christ, if you just auto attack, and mash random buttons when you have enough resources to hit them you should do more then that if you have the Ilevel to qualify to enter the dungeons.......

last week msv normal pug run, mage 495ilvl 27k dps on dogs.

10+ Year Old Account
    4.7k dps shadow priest in siege of the yak temple random hc.

Deleted
    About 3k in some 5 man heroic. A ret pala if I remember correctly.

All i have to say to this topic and OP is try to rememebr how your own gameplay looked like when u were begining ur wow adventures amd think what mistakes u were making back then in first 2-3 weeks of playing wow- and now it will be much clearer why some people dps is really really low.

Funny thing how often some of those low lv unenchanted ungemmed gear are much higher on activity meters then some 70-80k lfr heroes who scream in chat like bunch of monkey blaming everyone for mistakes.

And about people doin 40k dps in lfrs - think about people who just hit 480 itlv got into ToT lfr but wont waste gold on geming.enchanting/reforging gear cause they never plan to raid with it - just went into lfr to have some mindless fun.

also people very easily forget how their own dps looked like in first 2 weeks of mop when they were mainly in blues. i bet they were all pushing at least 100k dps right ? -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Had a mage in my guild that did half my DPS on every fight. I'm a DW Blood DK tank.

When help was offered she refused and said: "I've got very little time to spend enjoying myself, I don't want to do it reading spreadsheets and being told what to do by others."

Which I think is fair enough.

Some people don't want to be good. They just want to have fun pressing buttons.
    Sure but you shoudn't feel forced to raid with her or anyone with that mindset just because she doesnt "feel like it".

This wasn't in MoP, but in Cata I was running a Random Heroic with a friend and a Warrior DPS we met up with was doing about 800-1k dps on every pull. He was using a mixture of thunder clap, heroic throw and auto-swing (although only sometimes auto-swinging). We actually started talking to him and he was a father playing his sons account.

I only help people if they ask for help. I see less of this now that I don't raid or do dungeons really, but when it did happen, it was always some one of the same spec/class doing less damage that asked me for advice. Now, I judge people for having low dps because at this point if you follow the core spells tab you get passable dps, but I always defend people with low dps because: 1.it is a game 2.you can always carry at least 1 person 3. being nice doesn't take more effort than being mean and gets you more in the end.

I ran a scenario on my fresh 90 prot pally last weekend. I was rocking the chart at 16k, and I do mean rocking... the other 2 players were a prot pally pulling 12k and a rogue with 9k. I'm not even sure how you can only hit 9k on a rogue, even with just white damage. I do know that he wasn't using poisons and that would have added at least 2-3k more.
    to: preposition; used as a function word to indicate position, connection, extent, relation ~ too: adverb; also, very, excessively, so

Deleted
    Sub 20k from people not being AFK in Toes LFR.

Outside of raids that aren't pugs I don't usually pay attention to dps since they are the only ones that I know would actually be trying and need some help/tips, sometimes do a quick glance when i'm sitting there healing thinking "gee.. this is taking an awful long time."
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Quote Originally Posted by Promark View Post
    I ran a scenario on my fresh 90 prot pally last weekend. I was rocking the chart at 16k, and I do mean rocking... the other 2 players were a prot pally pulling 12k and a rogue with 9k. I'm not even sure how you can only hit 9k on a rogue, even with just white damage. I do know that he wasn't using poisons and that would have added at least 2-3k more.
    I've wondered about that does the lfd tool throw people together based on ilvl, at least to some extend?
    just got my shaman to 90 and also had mostly 430-ish people in my groups the first few runs, while I am usually getting at least 2 or 3 490+ people on my main