Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    He's saying that your mage picked a song that none of the other 9 people in the party liked, and rather than either listening to the other 9 player's music or finding a song that all 10 players like, she's still sticking to that song.
    Yeah. But it's not right for you to go change the track.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Just as an aside: DPS doesn't really matter so long as you're killing bosses and clearing content.
    That's right, let's have something take an hour when it could take thirty minutes.
    I can't tell you who I am, but I can tell you who I'm not.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrooge McDuck View Post
    I'm kind of a person who hates seeing people do REALLY low DPS. I'm not talking about players that do 30-40K DPS in LFR, At this point i think that's appropriate given the audience that does LFR, and usually there are people who can make up for those. LFR is not that tightly tuned anyway.

I'm talking about the players that are really horrible. I once encountered a fire mage in a Temple of the Jade Serpent hc PuG who was doing 2.5K DPS. No, seriously, he was really doing 2.5K DPS. he had no gems, reforges or enchants, didn't use his level 75 or 90 talents and completely botched up his rotation. he used inferno blast on CD, didn't use combustion, stuff like that. I actually felt so bad for him, I gave him my realID (battletag didn't work for some reason) and spent the next 2 hours after the instance tutoring him on his server, explaining what talents to take, what to use when, reforging and enchanting, and finally doing Arena scenario with him so he could get a better weapon. the result was that his DPS went from 3K DPS to 20K DPS, which I was happy about.

but that was the worst DPS i've ever seen. that DPS would have been great 3 expansions ago, and acceptable 2 expansions ago. but in current content, it's just sad. 20K DPS is still somewhat low, but at least it's not so bad that the instance gets harder because of it.

what was your worst DPS you've seen in MoP?
    I do not understand why people obsess about how terrible other people are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. But it's not right for you to go change the track.
    The decision to change track would come from an agreement between a majority of the party-goers.

Let's see how far we can take this analogy!!!

Dude 1: "Mage, I know you like 'Slow Ride' a lot, but it doesn't suit this party and none of us really like it anyway."
    Mage: "It's my favourite song and I don't want to listen to that fast paced metal crap that you guys listen to."
    Dude 1: "I understand that you don't like metal, but the rest of us do and it will be better for the party as a whole if we change the track to music that most of us enjoy."
    Dude 2: "Agreed."
    Dude 3: "Yep."
    ...etc
    Mage: "...Alright I understand, but I think I hate metal more than you hate 'Slow Ride' anyway..."
    Dude 1: "Okay, how about we compromise, we all like ACDC don't we? Fast enough for us metal listeners but slow enough for your tastes."
    Mage: "Sure, LET'S ROCK!"

PARTY SUCCESS!!!

TL;DR: Raids are always best when EVERYONE is on the same page.
    Last edited by Radio; 2013-05-10 at 01:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NotLuto View Post
    That's right, let's have something take an hour when it could take thirty minutes.
    An hour of enjoyment by all is better than half an hour of nine people picking on one person.

---------- Post added 2013-05-10 at 02:23 AM ----------

TL;DR: Raids are always best when EVERYONE is on the same page.
    We are on the same page: we don't interfere with each other.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't correlate with the tone of her response. But anyway, raid groups have different goals and you guys are free to have your own.

Because reducing someone else's fun just so you can have your is anti-social.
    Ah, like holding your group back by being terrible.

An hour of enjoyment by all is better than half an hour of nine people picking on one person.

---------- Post added 2013-05-10 at 02:23 AM ----------

Except those other 9 people aren't enjoying their time with that one other person.
    I can't tell you who I am, but I can tell you who I'm not.

While we agree here, I cannot see why you would come up with this, as it supports the counter argument.

If nine people out of ten don't enjoy their time because one slacks, it is the one who has to adapt and not the nine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NotLuto View Post
    Except those other 9 people aren't enjoying their time with that one other person.
    Except that we are enjoying our time with her?

---------- Post added 2013-05-10 at 12:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    If nine people out of ten don't enjoy their time because one slacks, it is the one who has to adapt and not the nine.
    It's not broken, so I'm not fixing it?
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

10+ Year Old Account
    /shrug. I carry any group that isn't done with a guildy. Do I care what other peoples dps is? No. Should you? No.

Never seen so many people lie this much in a thread before...
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2013-05-10 at 11:49 AM.
    Aye mate

Did 5man hc with a fury warrior and after the run is finished I noticed this guy did only less than 20k dps as a warrior so I looked up his armory.

Gemmed with spirit and mastery(which is useless for fury if not hit capped)
    Wearing weapons in wrong hands (502ilvl on offhand, 470ilvl on mainhand)
    Wearing 2x pvp trinkets with same effects (they share same cooldown)
    No professions

And now brace yourself:

He actually brought tanking neck ilvl 522 for 1250 valor points when he dont even have tanking offspecc, or even any offspecc at all!
    Last edited by alex; 2013-05-10 at 12:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Did 5man hc with this guy and after the run is finished I noticed this guy did only less than 20k dps as a warrior so I looked up his armory.

Gemmed with spirit and mastery(which is useless for fury if not hit capped)
    Wearing weapons in wrong hands (502ilvl on offhand, 470ilvl on mainhand)
    Wearing 2x pvp trinkets with same effects (they share same cooldown)
    No professions

And now brace yourself:

He actually brought tanking neck ilvl 522 for 1250 valor points when he dont even have tanking offspecc, or even any offspecc at all!
    Might want to remove the link to his player.
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2013-05-10 at 12:21 PM.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    I was thinking the same, edited.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Might also want to remove the link from your quote.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

10+ Year Old Account
    Might also want to remove the link from your quote.
    That might be wise lol
    Aye mate

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feio View Post
    I was doing something around 2k dps and well, in those early cata hcs, having me in your pug was pretty deadly.

Needless to say, I have improved since then and I even started to raid later on (with my peak of raiding in DS scoring Madness hc server 3rd). Giving a noob a lesson is awesome, I love the fact that there are still such people around.
    Nice story. We all start out as newbs and a many new players just don't have a clue about how to play their classes "correctly". I try to help struggling locks as often as possible.

Had a mage in my guild that did half my DPS on every fight. I'm a DW Blood DK tank.

When help was offered she refused and said: "I've got very little time to spend enjoying myself, I don't want to do it reading spreadsheets and being told what to do by others."

Which I think is fair enough.
    Absolutely agree Firebert.....as long as she isn't raiding with you and holding you back that is.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Deleted
    Seen plenty of low dpsers in heroics, doesn't matter that much, i can make up for 2 bad dpsers

It does make me laugh when someone that pulls 50K on a boss whines about the person doing 40K tho

Just shut up and dps. Why is it I never see whines from people that actually do good dps about them carrying crappy 50k dpsers? LFG is random and random means you can get anything, from 0 to 100% effort. Put some effort into improving your own dps and less into raging about others' dps.

Doesn't correlate with the tone of her response. But anyway, raid groups have different goals and you guys are free to have your own.
    Yep they are free to have their own goals, which apparently are not getting stuff done as long as no ones precious feelings get hurt.

---------- Post added 2013-05-10 at 12:08 PM ----------

Hyperbole much? No one said she should be picked on. Just that its kinda rude not to at lease hear out advice from people that are probably your friends. Friendly advice, that's what we are talking about here, helping. But instead of listening and maybe just saying, "No thanks, I see where you coming from on your advice but I like my current setup more than yours" she says, "No, I don't want any advice, I'm going to play like I want". That sounds pretty damn anti social to me.

If someone wants to offer me tips on how to improve, I will hear them out. Hell, sometimes I will even change something if I can reason out why their way is better. But at a min I indulge them and listen. That is called being polite.

God forbid one guildie wanting to help another, that would be AWFUL!!