New to pvp, looking to improve

Good afternoon,

Let me start by stating that English is not my native language, but I'll do my best.

I have a couple of questions about my char (can't post links yet, a shadow priest Fapperdefap on Frostmane EU) and how to improve more in pvp.

I used to play on a pve server, got bored with it, stopped playing for a while and decided to start over with irl friends on frostmane EU.

I've been playing around with the talents and glyphs to see what works best for me and got stuck with the current talents.

I use void tendrils in order to get some room while being trained by melee, Insanity for the burst, DI for procs and I prefer not to use halo (too random, breaking cc etc all over the place and the dmg and healing output is not high enough considering the cd).

Lvl 60 talent will most likely be changed to Spectral Guise, but I prefer Angelic Bulwark at this moment.

I reforge into spirit to get more hit due to being a human, plus having extra mana regen is never a bad thing in my opinion.

Then into haste / crit where possible and needed.

If there are any major mistakes I made, or other changes that could help me further improve, I'd be happy to read them.
    Last edited by Fapper; 2013-05-07 at 10:25 AM. Reason: grammar

Are you talking about arena and rated bgs, or just normal bgs?

I name changed to Valley, 2.3k rated in rated bgs and highest arena xp is 2350ish.

Divine Star over Halo because it usually crits gives around 40k+ damage with up to 80k hp back on a very short cooldown (15 seconds)
    Halo isn't really that usefull anymore since it doesn't get people out of stealth, the damage is kinda nice if they are at the max range.

Spec guise is great vs castors, bulwork is better for melee (cloth armour sucks)

Found that power infusion + insanity is far better than a very low proc talent, can drop a healer to zero if left unpeeled. Haste > Mastery > Crit since resil can negate a lot of your critical damage.

also, what, if any, macros are you using?

I use macros to switch between inner will and inner fire, leap of faith with arena partners (shift as modifier) and the same for void shift.
    Shackle undead is a mouse over macro atm.

I used macros for mind flay and mind sear, but I stopped using those.

I dinged 90 not so long ago and since I lack a lot of pvp exp I am mostly playing bg's and arena 2s (with eremorr).

I prefered crit over mastery to get the easier kills, but i'll reforge into mastery and try that out.
    And I'll go with PI instead of DI, see if I notice the difference

Quote Originally Posted by Simmias View Post
    Are you talking about arena and rated bgs, or just normal bgs?

I name changed to Valley, 2.3k rated in rated bgs and highest arena xp is 2350ish.

Divine Star over Halo because it usually crits gives around 40k+ damage with up to 80k hp back on a very short cooldown (15 seconds)
    Halo isn't really that usefull anymore since it doesn't get people out of stealth, the damage is kinda nice if they are at the max range.

Spec guise is great vs castors, bulwork is better for melee (cloth armour sucks)

Found that power infusion + insanity is far better than a very low proc talent, can drop a healer to zero if left unpeeled. Haste > Mastery > Crit since resil can negate a lot of your critical damage.

also, what, if any, macros are you using?
    no haste>crit>mastery

crit for spriests is pretty huge with having our "very little procs" crit and DP crit as well.

fdcl is also better for most comps and comps u run, fdcl with PI is great burst.

if ur running 2s insanity is mainly the better choice, just dont fall for insanity its pretty overrated by these low-grade spriests.

good luck man, once u get it down youll be a god with the great abilities an spriest has. and then youll hate it with the abilities being taken away from u in 5.3 (;
    Kickin Incredibly Dope Shit