View Poll Results: Would you like it?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Would be epic!

    18 64.29%
  • Maybe

    6 21.43%
  • No

    4 14.29%
Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Team Deathmatch!

    Am i the only one who crave for this?
    Yes it will be hard to win and u can get steamrolled and frustrated i know.
    But, What if it rewards some neat titles and vanity gear instead of honor(so it wont be forced upon you).
    U will que for it spesifically (not in the random bg que)
    Aren't you tired of beeing frustrated in a BG when everyone is in the middle camping for kills and don't care for the objective?
    Isn't it what you really want when you que for a Bg, to kill enemies?
    I know it is what i want for sure!
    Not drive around in a glaive thrower that gets 1shotted and the game is lost.

    I want to kill players! Or in my case heal the killers.

    We have some establishments already out in the world the arena in Strangelthon, but hey... Thats no fun cuz u run in and meet a party of 50 who sits there and kill the intruders while waiting for the raid leader.

    So Blizzard please! Add this option.

    Class balance will be an issue! Yes it truly will!
    But i still think ALOT! of players will find a simple Team- Deathmatch encouraging! Exiting!
    And AMAZING!

    Warning: English is not my native language, feel free to rage upon my spelling issues...
    But lets not waste comments on this Issue as i already know about it.
    All apologies in advance!

    " A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

  2. #2
    Isnt arena team deathmatch ? :S

  3. #3
    So... It's a big arena?

  4. #4
    Ofcourse arena is a deathmatch but!
    To fight in arena u need to search the trade chat for a arena mate, use skype, be super skilled, and all that.

    Just imagine queuing up for some slaughter : )

    No skype required
    No need to find players
    Instant fun!

    Viable size: 10v10, 15v15, and maybe 40v40 that will surely bring a delightful punch! it cant have the same size as AV tho.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-07 at 11:46 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue The Shaman View Post
    So... It's a big arena?
    Yes, 10v10 or more

    " A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

  5. #5
    and different to arena it would have respawns, just with a target number of kills etc

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    and different to arena it would have respawns, just with a target number of kills etc
    Exactly! .

    " A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

  7. #7
    So, basically Temple of Kotmogu, minus the orbs?

    I can see why people would like to play WoW Halo style, but it would be more frustration than fun after the novelty wears off. You'll have games decided just on gear/team composition, and the opposing team would be stuck losing a game with no way to recover, unlike in Battlegrounds, where a little strategy can overcome a team overpowering you through gear/team composition. There might be high participation early on because of the novelty, but then it'll drop to just warlocks/mages/priests queuing against warlocks/mages/priests over and over. And with the no-reward system you're saying, there would be a severe lack of participation.

    If all you want is to kill players over and over with as little flag clicking as possible, then find a highly populated server and head to Isle of Thunder, or stick to Temple of Kotmogu and maybe click the orb here and there. It even gives you a damage buff to see those big critz i have no doubt you enjoy.

  8. #8
    I'd be happy with it. Arena is too small for my taste and has no respawns, so it's not the same at all.

  9. #9
    I don't think there's anything enjoyable about brainless zergfests. I think this mainly appeals to people who are bad at completing objectives.

  10. #10
    Not sure why but first thing that comes to mind is Southshore and Tarren Mill lol

  11. #11
    the way I see it is that most people in RBG's jsut gankfest in the middle ground ignoring the objective anyway, so might as well just have one doing just that and let people who want to play objective games do just that =p

  12. #12
    This might sound extremley trolly.. but i am not joking on this
    if you say "its all about gear" then get good noob

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmmmmmBacon View Post
    So, basically Temple of Kotmogu, minus the orbs?

    I can see why people would like to play WoW Halo style, but it would be more frustration than fun after the novelty wears off. You'll have games decided just on gear/team composition, and the opposing team would be stuck losing a game with no way to recover, unlike in Battlegrounds, where a little strategy can overcome a team overpowering you through gear/team composition. There might be high participation early on because of the novelty, but then it'll drop to just warlocks/mages/priests queuing against warlocks/mages/priests over and over. And with the no-reward system you're saying, there would be a severe lack of participation.

    If all you want is to kill players over and over with as little flag clicking as possible, then find a highly populated server and head to Isle of Thunder, or stick to Temple of Kotmogu and maybe click the orb here and there. It even gives you a damage buff to see those big critz i have no doubt you enjoy.
    Do you forget that the reason for a loss in a BG today is because the opposing team have more healer/better gear/and a little hint of 2500+rated players?
    U will always risk loosing VS the enemy cuz of outgearing outplaying class composition.

    " A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

  14. #14
    There's no reason this couldn't be implemented. I'm sure all the coding is there for it, just needs to be organised. I'd love to see a TDM style BG with a cap at maybe 100 kills. The BG environment wouldn't need to be complex or "balanced" really such as for alterac valley since it's straight up killing without any objective.

  15. #15
    Scarab Lord ViridianWRA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Rainbow Road
    Posts
    4,304
    Maybe "Team Deathmatch" with a point and bounty system.

    IE, one kill = one point. The game will determine and apply a 'bounty' on a player doing particularly well and make them worth more points, maybe making them a bigger and more obvious target as well. Y'know, make your entire team focus on that guy that's going 10-0.

  16. #16
    Would be the only BG I queue into.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by anabolicz View Post
    Do you forget that the reason for a loss in a BG today is because the opposing team have more healer/better gear/and a little hint of 2500+rated players?
    U will always risk loosing VS the enemy cuz of outgearing outplaying class composition.
    yes, but battlegrounds with objectives allow you to overcome those moreso than you'd have to deal with in a deathmatch scenario. In a deathmatch you'd just have the two groups butting heads at each other in their 10v10 groups, until eventually one team was camped at their spawn point. while this can happen in your standard WSG, it isn't too common, and the teams will fracture off to complete the objective of capturing/returning/defending the flag. A team with 10 dps does stand a chance if they divide and conquer against a team with 6 dps 4 healers, whereas in a deathmatch setting, a melee heavy team without support of healers would be at a supreme disadvantage of a team loaded with mages/hunters/warlocks, which have great control on melee and put out heavy damage from range.

    Think Southshore from back in level 60 days: yes, many people look back at that with fond memories, but it was always just hunters and mages vs hunters and mages, with any melee who ran into the enemy team getting crushed immediately by suppressing fire. It would be the same scenario in every deathmatch game over and over.

  18. #18
    Pandaren Monk Feral Camel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,799
    I'd like this to be add, just not as something permanent. Maybe a once a year event around a holiday.

  19. #19
    Field Marshal fisayoolat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United kingdon south east london
    Posts
    87
    ROuges will always win lol. Just hide till everyones dead

  20. #20
    The Patient elmachino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Bålsta, Sweden
    Posts
    316
    Yes please

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •