Exclamation Whats coming up in Minecraft ?!

Greetings. I am JaymeMine. Across the seven seas of the internet, Mojang emplyees often spread the news of possible additions to Minecraft. Although some of these end up descending into the depths of the cosmos, never to be seen again, the majority arise in some form or another in a future update.

In this thread I will attempt to keep you informed about snapshots, and small additions that are being thought of, or are being added into the PC version of Minecraft. I may eventually spread over to the Xbox and Pocket versions, but as PC guides the way with new stuff, that will be the first port of call.

Lets get started, shall we?

In The Snapshots
    So, what is approaching that has so far only been released in snapshots?
    New Launcher - This is a big one, planned features include better use of custom sound packs, and (eventually) access to every version of Minecraft ever (replacing mods such as MCNostalgia)
    Horses - And armour for them.
    Minecraft Realms - Although not technically in the snapshots, This is a planned feature that Mojang will supply, providing easier server hosting without the worry of third parties.
    Hardened Clay Block
    Deserts are becoming "More deserty", currently unkown what this involves. I assume more sand.
    Hay Bales
    Carpets - Finally! I solution for all those "My ceiling is my floor, but they have to both be the same!" issues!
    Changes to "Respiration" enchantment.
    Leashes - To attach animals to posts to prevent them running away.
    Possible Additions
    Most of these are little projects. Most will enter Snapshots.
    Coloured Wood - Personally, I think it looks ugly.
    EDIT: Apparently coloured wood is being forgotten, but it still stands as a possibility.

I would write up all those things Notch suggested back in the day (Such as extra Dragons) but as things stand Jeb has no apparent interest in bringing them forwards.

I will edit this post, plus add a new post to the thread whenever something new comes up, usually the snapshots, but maybe if somethign good comes from a developer mini-project.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Deserts are becoming "More deserty", currently unkown what this involves. I assume more sand.
    I think that's more in the way you'll find less water in the desert. Actually you find a lot of rivers in desert.

I'm french, I'm really sorry if my english is bad. I try to do my best.

There's no more lakes in the deserts.

Which is weird, as deserts in real life have oases.

Deleted
    yeah idk...

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post

Well, the water to sand ratio in deserts is extremely low, so less water is more realistic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post

The amount of water is a bit high. I believe it would be cool to have Desert Villages spawn around an Oasis like landscape. Areas with Grass, Water, and some Palm trees or whatever (also this game needs palm trees).
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Maybe a new animation? Like a sand storm? Maybe too hopeful.