Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Mechagnome Proxeneta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Far north of everything
    Posts
    715
    Please for the love of God why can't they just update Wolfenstein Enemy Territory. It is literally one of the greatest games ever, and it was fucking free. Also remove bloody ADS and bring back something fast paced again, the fps genre these days is so fucking bland.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Proxeneta View Post
    Please for the love of God why can't they just update Wolfenstein Enemy Territory. It is literally one of the greatest games ever, and it was fucking free. Also remove bloody ADS and bring back something fast paced again, the fps genre these days is so fucking bland.
    The guys who made enemy territory are in the middle of making an ET like game right now, called dirty bomb. www.dirtybombgame.com

  3. #23
    Warchief marthsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Iglooland, eh?
    Posts
    2,045
    If I can't play this game on my 386 SX16, it's not Wolfenstein.
    It's time to level up and quit your newbie ways
    You need to go outside and get some new V-rays
    A fresh breath of air will help you talk again
    Inhale, exhale, feel the Oxygen
    - Woodman

  4. #24
    The last released game of this series is Return to Castle: Wolvenstein right ?
    I really enjoyed that game, i didn't like the f2p multiplayer version u had of it thought (was named different can't remember)
    And i really like the oldschool floppy disk ones, played them allot in dem early 90's

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by GregDub View Post
    The last released game of this series is Return to Castle: Wolvenstein right ?
    I really enjoyed that game, i didn't like the f2p multiplayer version u had of it thought (was named different can't remember)
    And i really like the oldschool floppy disk ones, played them allot in dem early 90's
    no the last Wolfenstein was released to the xbox360 and have to do with dimensions and futuristic projects

    game was enjoyable and had some awesome bossfights. The last boss on hardest was a true nightmare to beat.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXUEOnikOwE link to a bossfight agaist a creature from said dimensions.

  6. #26
    Looks like this is being made by "machinegames" and is their first title as a studio. Pot luck I guess.

  7. #27
    I loved the "old" Return to Castle Wolfenstein, if is a pickup from that one, might work

  8. #28
    Bloodsail Admiral Vathdar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    1,059
    Totalbiscuit played the game at PAX and if you're interested, here's his impressions of the press demo.

    To sum it up: Currently it looks like a CoD clone in Wolfenstein skin, too much hand holding, corridor shooting and scripted events that don't allow you to progress further.
    The health regen system is interesting, it only regenerates to 40%-60% and from there, you have to pick up health by killing enemies or eating food, you can also overcharge your health, which will slowly tick down, and there is also armor you can pick up.

    He does say that it's been pushed back and there's plenty of time to fix stuff, so here's hoping.

    Last edited by Vathdar; 2013-09-04 at 08:42 AM.

  9. #29
    Herald of the Titans May90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    South Bend, IN, USA
    Posts
    2,982
    Wolfenstein 3D... This was the first FPS for me. The game was so terrible, actually, it was not even 3D, honestly speaking. But, memories...

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Wolfenstein 3D... This was the first FPS for me. The game was so terrible, actually, it was not even 3D, honestly speaking. But, memories...
    By 3d they mean you moved through a 3 dimensional word.

    So not like this,
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Volt - Boltor Prime - Lex Prime - Dragon Nikana -
    Lv40 (Firefall) - Dragonfly - Recluse - Biotech - Mammoth - Arsenal - Dreadnought - Nighthawk - Raptor - Recon - Tigerclaw - Electron -
    Lv60 (Neverwinter) - Rogue - Fighter - Wizard - Guardian - Cleric -

  11. #31
    Herald of the Titans May90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    South Bend, IN, USA
    Posts
    2,982
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    By 3d they mean you moved through a 3 dimensional word.

    So not like this,
    Yes, but in Wolf3D, accurately saying, you don't move in a 3D world. Unlike Doom, which was pseudo-3D (every point had different height, but there could be only one point on a certain (x,y) line), and Quake, which was actual 3D (every (x,y) coordinate could have as many different z points as you want), in Wolf3D every point was on the same height, so you actually played in 2D world with sprites stretched on it.

  12. #32
    I am Murloc! SirRobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Counciltucky
    Posts
    5,786
    Wow, had to dig to find this thread. Have almost an hour of gameplay here.



    Says its part 1 but its actually part 1 and 2. Like what I'm seeing. I might actually preorder this.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

  13. #33
    I don't understand this. Why reinvent one of the most iconic game series as a standard and bland Call of Duty clone?

    I've played probably hundreds of FPS games, RTCW and Enemy Territory easily stand as the greatest and most fun multiplayer experiences I've ever had, heck I'm still playing on public servers from time to time. Oh and ET was free as a thank you to the community. Why not recreate a game like those? A fast paced unrealistic FPS game with virtually endless multiplayer possibilities where you have fun would do wonders in today's boring FPS market. Really saddening all this.





    If this was remade with modern graphics... Oh man... Literally best online fps game of all time, and yes I was there with Quake and Unreal.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2014-05-03 at 12:34 PM.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    I don't understand this. Why reinvent one of the most iconic game series as a standard and bland Call of Duty clone?

    I've played probably hundreds of FPS games, RTCW and Enemy Territory easily stand as the greatest and most fun multiplayer experiences I've ever had, heck I'm still playing on public servers from time to time. Why not recreate a game like those? A fast paced unrealistic FPS game with virtually endless multiplayer possibilities where you have fun would do wonders in today's boring FPS market. Really saddening all this.





    If this was remade with modern graphics... Oh man... Literally best online fps game of all time, and yes I was there with Quake and Unreal.
    why bland? RTCW was before CoD...and we have here 2 timelines

  15. #35
    Sorry, but what?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •