Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    It also looks like I'm going to have to do that one JP and I've never successfully made it past the first round of steam rocks, so that's awesome too. Questioning whether the back piece is worth all this. :P
    You don't need that JP to get the backpieces fyi - the achievement only calls for 10 of the locations, there are 11 so you can skip that one.
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    The golem part event is designed that way, was designed that way when southsun cove released, you have to be cautious, the crab toss event is just there as an event, wouldn't call it a PvP at all.
    I zoned in, immediately saw every other player's name in red, most of the abilities on my bar were to try to do something against them, I think it's safe to say they would be using the same abilities against me, so I consider that PvP. We're certainly not working together toward a goal.

I actually never did any of the Southsun events other than the main Lost Shores one to kill the giant Karka in the hive. I never saw anyone else doing them and most (all?) are not soloable, so I gave up on Southsun post-Lost Shores a long time ago. Maybe it's different on other servers, but prior to the May 14th patch it was desolate on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    You don't need that JP to get the backpieces fyi - the achievement only calls for 10 of the locations, there are 11 so you can skip that one.
    Well, fortunately a very awesome mesmer on my server ported me up there so it turned out to be a non-issue anyway.

I zoned in, immediately saw every other player's name in red, most of the abilities on my bar were to try to do something against them, I think it's safe to say they would be using the same abilities against me, so I consider that PvP. We're certainly not working together toward a goal.
    It is PvP, certainly, but it's not like... "organized" pvp, just a pit where you smack each other around over a crab.

It's not hard to get some of the achievements though, one of them is just for participating.

There's also more stuff going to be added to hit the 25 achievement anyway.

I actually never did any of the Southsun events other than the main Lost Shores one to kill the giant Karka in the hive. I never saw anyone else doing them and most (all?) are not soloable, so I gave up on Southsun post-Lost Shores a long time ago. Maybe it's different on other servers, but prior to the May 14th patch it was desolate on mine.
    In between events it has been desolate, used to have some decent ore spawns and such though. CCurrently there's lots of groups to tag along with though so now is the time.

Well, fortunately a very awesome mesmer on my server ported me up there so it turned out to be a non-issue anyway.
    It's been a pretty steady occurence, when I got my mesmer up there I popped a couple groups up as well. Of course, getting up is easier on a mesmer anyway. I'd throw a portal down when on a stable area, before advancing, that way if I missed I could portal back to the safe spot.

I'd be interested in seeing the sales for the Southsun Supply Crates. The drop rates of the crates themselves seem abysmal let alone the contents. I've yet to see a single player with one of the Sclerite skins either. RNG (enemy drops) on top of RNG (crate contents) is something I'd hoped to see the last of in Tera.

I'd be interested in seeing the sales for the Southsun Supply Crates. The drop rates of the crates themselves seem abysmal let alone the contents. I've yet to see a single player with one of the Sclerite skins either. RNG (enemy drops) on top of RNG (crate contents) is something I'd hoped to see the last of in Tera.
    I doubt there will be much sales for those Crates. The items themselves don't look that appealing (in my opinion) and by the looks of it not a lot of people want them. Some of them look okay but none make me wish that I have them to be honest.

Yeah, still not a fan of Southsun. Either I've been away from it too long or it's actually more annoying than it was last time, and that's saying something.

Those damned breeze riders seem to be everywhere and have an absolutely ridiculous attack range and aggro radius. Karkas are hitting me for almost half my HP per strike, and that's not counting their initial multi-shot thing. I saw a group of about a dozen players (myself included) just get demolished trying to defend a post from waves of them. Tried to do that golem parts event and got one-shotted by an underground wurm. Don't get me started on reef drakes either. This is not what I consider fun, but I guess everyone who keeps wanting GW2 to be more challenging is happy. Personally, I'm not into fights where one attack hits for more HP than I have total.
    No doubt, whoever designed the mobs on Southsun is most certainly a gigantic tool. "O hai thar, I'm marked as a veteran, but I'm actually champion caliber!" I can't even imagine how miserable it will be there when it becomes completely desolate again in a month, and I pity anyone who then goes back to try to earn those achievements.

Crab toss is actually kinda fun, though most people are really, really awful at it. Keep winning with 200 or so points... but whoever came up with that "Crabtacular!" achievement can also be counted as a massive tool. I can thank the perfect combo of lag, stupidity, and a not-full game for finally "earning" it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scyth View Post
    I doubt there will be much sales for those Crates. The items themselves don't look that appealing (in my opinion) and by the looks of it not a lot of people want them. Some of them look okay but none make me wish that I have them to be honest.
    I didn't think the Sclerite weapon skins were that much to look at either especially with the imposed rarity they've placed upon them, but I thought perhaps like the fused skins more people fancied them than I do. One of the reasons I'd be curious to see sales figures is because I think they made a mistake not putting them in BLCs. There's always a chance for something good from BLCs even if it's not a weapon skin, but outside of the skins in the crates the rest of the items are arguably useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    No doubt, whoever designed the mobs on Southsun is most certainly a gigantic tool. "O hai thar, I'm marked as a veteran, but I'm actually champion caliber!" I can't even imagine how miserable it will be there when it becomes completely desolate again in a month, and I pity anyone who then goes back to try to earn those achievements.
    Yeah, I've been debating investing in Southsun mats because I'm predicting the same. I believe once this event is over the zone will become all but desolate (again), especially if/when they remove the instigator events. I'm going to wait and see if they have anything else permanently in store first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I'm having a blast on the isle now. Dynamic events are dynamic enough for me, sometimes angry creatures roflstomp even huge player zergs. NPCs that come along and resurrect you, and everything combined with that isle-feeling. I hope they won't take out too much of the things happening, didn't like the zone before.

Crab toss is actually kinda fun, though most people are really, really awful at it. Keep winning with 200 or so points... but whoever came up with that "Crabtacular!" achievement can also be counted as a massive tool. I can thank the perfect combo of lag, stupidity, and a not-full game for finally "earning" it.
    I have a little story for you. Joined the Crab-toss match with my GF, I knew she wouldn't like it since she hated Keg Brawl, too and all other kinds of team sports since school. Of course we were in different games, she did not like it, immidiately mentioned she would never play it again but somehow managed to grab that stupid crab for a few seconds.

Yesterday I checked her South-Sun achievments. Now guess which one she owns.

I've noticed it a lot with Claw of Jormag also, where they put level 83 or 84 veterans in when there's a lot of players. It's a bitch at times, especially if folks aren't paying attention. It's done in lower level events too, but not as painful in my experience.

So yeah, it'll still be tough when the zerg moves on, but the bad guys won't be as tough either from scaling. I think the island was always meant as a "bring a group" level 80 venture.

---------- Post added 2013-05-20 at 11:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    Well I'm having a blast on the isle now. Dynamic events are dynamic enough for me, sometimes angry creatures roflstomp even huge player zergs. NPCs that come along and resurrect you, and everything combined with that isle-feeling. I hope they won't take out too much of the things happening, didn't like the zone before.
    There was a massive player zerg in the fort near the springs and the karka attacked. Things scaled up pretty quickly and I noticed that folks were dying pretty easily and just waiting for a rez (long walk back), so I fled. There was another player running for it too, but the rest all got wiped out. 20+ player corpses riddled the minimap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post

There was a massive player zerg in the fort near the springs and the karka attacked. Things scaled up pretty quickly and I noticed that folks were dying pretty easily and just waiting for a rez (long walk back), so I fled. There was another player running for it too, but the rest all got wiped out. 20+ player corpses riddled the minimap.
    Sounds like we were on the same overflow server yesterday (-: