Challenge Mode Mogu'shan Palace patrol skip?

Generally were at 16/20 as we approach the two large mobs right before final boss room. Generally we kill the patrol right after the elevator since its ao RNG. I know you can run through the two large adds and have them reset by zero dmg heals when you run by, but for the patrol INSIDE the boss room - has anyone else been able to skip this? We ran along the wall killed dogs then pulled boss near pillar.
    During the fight, the patrol did its full patrol once but on its second patrol it aggroed as it got near. I saw them walk right through axes so I know its not that, but Im not sure why it pulled thought we were far away enough. Me had protwar frostmage lock rdruid and dk. My thought is maybe the arrows aggro them?

TLDR anyone have success skipping final boss room patrol?

I don't see why you'd want to skip that patrol when it's way more efficient to skip the one coming up the elevator and the 2 by the entrance of the hall, with the actual 4 mobs inside and the cats your tank will have vengeance for the boss itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Veliane View Post
    I don't see why you'd want to skip that patrol when it's way more efficient to skip the one coming up the elevator and the 2 by the entrance of the hall, with the actual 4 mobs inside and the cats your tank will have vengeance for the boss itself.
    Usually not able to skip that group. It is unreliable. For example if they just are coming into view as we leave the elevator we cant skip. I want to know if I can skip the boss room patrol group or not.
    Last edited by ilostmahbucket; 2013-05-07 at 03:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    definitely skipped those in heroic mode a few times, never cm However...

Unrelated, but hopefully helpful: When I did it (on my lock) we shaved a ton of time off by just pulling dogs + boss at same time. DPS was me/lock, mage and boomkin. since you have mage/lock also, you should be able to blow up dogs in 10ish seconds or less.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ilostmahbucket View Post
    Usually not able to skip that group. It is unreliable. I want to know if I can skip the boss room patrol group or not.
    That group will reset in the same way the two large adds before the boss' room do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudgy View Post
    That group will reset in the same way the two large adds before the boss' room do.
    No way... Wow alright that changes things. How far does the tank have to get before they reset? Same exact distance as for the two big mobs? Thanks Mudgy.

Also is it correct that you cant damage these mobs at all for them to reset?

---------- Post added 2013-05-08 at 12:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ilostmahbucket View Post
    No way... Wow alright that changes things. How far does the tank have to get before they reset? Same exact distance as for the two big mobs? Thanks Mudgy.

Also is it correct that you cant damage these mobs at all for them to reset?

Bumpiptybump?
    Last edited by ilostmahbucket; 2013-05-07 at 03:39 PM.