Deleted

Some of MMO-Champions mods being a bit too trigger happy.

I recently had an infraction (reversed shortly as it was completely illogical) from a Moderator who clearly wasn't paying attention to the thread in it's entirety.

May I suggest (like you guys discuss infraction reversals) you begin to discuss infractions being put in place with the other moderators of that particular forum board or with a super moderator? I believe a lot of infractions are being given out wrongfully. I've looked at some peoples posts and they've been infracted and thought that is not against the rules.

If you're curious as to what I got infracted for: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/892369-Post-an-image-of-yourself/page1209

The post was of a picture of a guy with vaseline, I generated a meme of it. I was infracted for minor spam?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Your infraction was reversed 2 days ago.
    I don't think you read what I posted.

---------- Post added 2013-05-07 at 04:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Felir View Post
    May I suggest (like you guys discuss infraction reversals) you begin to discuss infractions being put in place with the other moderators of that particular forum board or with a super moderator?
    Here, have the main point bolded.

I don't think you read what I posted.
    Well you can get banned for not agreeing with the mods or talk negative about certain subjects (They call constructive critisism, and extreme metaphors bashing/trolling)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Well you can get banned for not agreeing with the mods or talk negative about certain subjects (They call constructive critisism, and extreme metaphors bashing/trolling)
    This is a good point to back up the point of my post. Surely mods should discuss the infraction with a superior or other peers of their forum board.

10+ Year Old Account
    You got unbanned much like I did. Be thankful

Seriously don't discuss moderation more please.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    We already discuss a lot of infractions before taking action, but it simply isn't possible to do this with every single post.
    Surely (for example the Paladin forum board as I probably use this one the most and the mods are awesome there) Malthanis, Fhi and the other mod I can't remember could discuss before infracting someone on there as that moderate that board?

10+ Year Old Account
    Surely (for example the Paladin forum board as I probably use this one the most and the mods are awesome there) Malthanis, Fhi and the other mod I can't remember could discuss before infracting someone on there as that moderate that board?
    It's not feasible to double check every single infraction with other mods. Not only because that's an overwhelming volume of discussion but because we're spread out all across the world and time zones and it isn't uncommon for only one moderator in a particular section to be on at a time. The admins picked the people they did because they trust their overall judgement, so they shouldn't need to be constantly reporting to a global to ask permission to do their jobs.

We all recognise that we're human and make mistakes and bad calls sometimes, and that's why we have the appeals system, which not only gives us a chance to rectify those bad calls but also for the moderators to learn from those mistakes (even the ones who didn't make them and were just observing). I think the system works very well, and is both beneficial to the forum users but also to our mod team.

If you really think there are specific moderators who are doing a bad job, that is precisely what Sunshine is for. PM her with specific examples and she absolutely will look into it. We don't say this just to pass the buck and dismiss complaints, we say this because she's that's a big part of her job here, she cares and she's good at it, and because it's really not appropriate to discuss particular infractions or moderators in public.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I recently had an infraction (reversed shortly as it was completely illogical) from a Moderator who clearly wasn't paying attention to the thread in it's entirety.

May I suggest (like you guys discuss infraction reversals) you begin to discuss infractions being put in place with the other moderators of that particular forum board or with a super moderator? I believe a lot of infractions are being given out wrongfully. I've looked at some peoples posts and they've been infracted and thought that is not against the rules.

If you're curious as to what I got infracted for: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/892369-Post-an-image-of-yourself/page1209

The post was of a picture of a guy with vaseline, I generated a meme of it. I was infracted for minor spam?
    Trigger happy is an understatement. It's like this throughout Curse though, espcially Wowstead/MMOC. You get banned for something weak, try and communicate, get banned, e-mail head office or wherever, take over a week to reply, and when they do, just dodge questions and avoid anything you raised. When you reply, they never reply.

Generally, I find Curse staff up their own arse, and unless you are one of their "buddies" then you can't say shit without getting infracted/banned.

Not a fan of them, but only really come here to read news these days, forums are awful. Trolls get away with things, and people who call them out get punished.

15+ Year Old Account
    If a mod is at all unsure, they already discuss with other mods and/or super mods in our discussion channel before applying an infraction. I don't see a reason to make this a mandate for every single infraction; it would bring moderation on the forum to a standstill to wait for approval on everything.

If you have issues with a particular mod or mods in general, please PM me with links to specific examples and I'm happy to look into it and take any necessary action.
    Last edited by Sunshine; 2013-05-07 at 07:04 PM.