Brewmaster experience with Rune of Re-Origination

I finally received this trinket, it is something I have really been wanting to experiment with since I saw it what it did.

Some background - I do not tank heroic content, but I do work for maximum dps output on my brewmaster. Lately, this character has been put on the back burner and only raided on once a week for 4 hours. I raid 25m, and do not focus on mastery.

My intent is to get an analysis from anyone who has tanked with this trinket and attempted to maximize crit rating with it.

My early experiment at this point is to stack as much crit and follow it with slightly less haste to maximize crit during a re-origination proc, as mastery has a zero value for me.

As of last night I was hitting 81@ crit during the re-origination uptime, but this was with dancing steel/renataki proccing as well.

My real question is, does that 80% crit for that 10 seconds really give you that much of a dps boost, I did a heroic terrace after leishen and was getting a 23% uptime on my re-origination proc, which seemed decent, renataki is usually around the same number, and when I was using bad juju for the agi proc it was slightly less, usually under 20%.

I know a lot of other tanks don't really "focus" on dps, but for those who actively rank and pursue higher parses as I do, any insight you could offer would be appreciated.

I feel like haste would be better for maxing dps. Since you once it procs your energy regen goes down the drain.

not exactly, it goes from 15 to 12, which is fine for 10 seconds?

Quote Originally Posted by Acww52 View Post
    I feel like haste would be better for maxing dps. Since you once it procs your energy regen goes down the drain.
    I feel like haste would be better for maxing dps.
    haste
    ><

-----

Back on topic, not sure if this is meaningful or not ... but I was messing around with heroic LK25 yesterday and I wiped at like 22% to enrage before I realized I had my windwalker bracers on (which made the RoRo proc mastery instead of crit, gg) and I killed him the next attempt, playing subjectively worse - somehow I managed to kill off all the shamblers in p1 - right on top of enrage.

I'll test this thing out on some of the wimpier bosses this reset, assuming I can find a good keybind to cancelaura elusive brew.

Daught, you should socket your gloves my good monk.

LOL! Didn't mean to offend!

not worse than forgetting synapse springs, though.

Quote Originally Posted by djtravitrav View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's just a bug with the armory not showing it. I definitely have it tinkered on my priest and yet armory doesn't mention it at all

---------- Post added 2013-05-09 at 11:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by djtravitrav View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's just a bug with the armory not showing it. I definitely have it tinkered on my priest and yet armory doesn't mention it at all

hmmm wont let me edit away that double post ^