View Poll Results: What do you do at patch changes/new season

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • I stick to my main through bad times

    40 65.57%
  • I stick to my main, but stop PVP/quit game while I am underpowered

    7 11.48%
  • I reroll to a better class

    14 22.95%
Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    How many people reroll just for pvp?

    Every new season or patch there are balance fixes which nerf a few classes and buff other.
    How do you react to those changes?
    Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    The problem is warriors are not easy to kill like we were in cata and people are mad at that
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    Brian may answer differently, but I would say mages are hard to counter for average players but easy for great players.

  2. #2
    I'll stick to my main as long as its fun. Quit PvP as resto druid in 4.3 though.
    I don't care about being underpowered (just makes it sweeter when you beat someone) but if I'm not having fun then what's the point?

  3. #3
    Brewmaster Ryan Cailan Ebonheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Long Island New York, USA
    Posts
    1,416
    I usually stick to a couple of classes and play to their strengths. I only have three classes at 90 which is DK, Rogue and Warrior. My DK will probably be my pvp main all the way through the rest of expansion. But I will switch if the class is under performing. I don't want to be held back playing a bad class.

    So yes, I do re roll.
    "Time to work soldiers."
    "Machinehead" by Bush "Blood is like wine, unconscious all the time. If I had it all again, I'd change it all."
    (My top song since 05/02/2014) Machinehead
    Warrior Scumclass Rogue Warrior2 Scumclass2 Rogue2

  4. #4
    Reroll, it's no fun playing a shit class

  5. #5
    Banned Korgoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Barbaria
    Posts
    5,952
    Need a 4th option, I play a lot less.

    Rerolling didnt work for me. I have a 90 DK, hes full geared now, and high rated in RBGs, but I dont want to play it, I want to play my warrior, which I cant because well no one wants to play with a warrior at the level I want to. So I just play a lot less. Cap points, weekly ass raping by Nefarion (Seriously its like week 71 or some shit, no Askandi), and log off for the week.

    Id guess I used to play 16-24 hrs a week, now I play 4-8.

  6. #6
    Pit Lord DiscoGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Behind the Pillar
    Posts
    2,379
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Need a 4th option, I play a lot less.
    didnt do any serious pvp last season on my priest
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

    3DS FC: 0490-6077-6557
    Pokemon X/Y Dragon Type Friend Safari - Gabite/Noibat/Druddigon

  7. #7
    People who reroll every time some class happens to be the FOTM are just really, really sad.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Need a 4th option, I play a lot less.

    Rerolling didnt work for me. I have a 90 DK, hes full geared now, and high rated in RBGs, but I dont want to play it, I want to play my warrior, which I cant because well no one wants to play with a warrior at the level I want to. So I just play a lot less. Cap points, weekly ass raping by Nefarion (Seriously its like week 71 or some shit, no Askandi), and log off for the week.

    Id guess I used to play 16-24 hrs a week, now I play 4-8.
    I thought that the second option would cater for people like you. I might phrazed it poorly.
    Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    The problem is warriors are not easy to kill like we were in cata and people are mad at that
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    Brian may answer differently, but I would say mages are hard to counter for average players but easy for great players.

  9. #9
    I am Murloc! Baracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,425
    "Stop PVP/quit game while I am overpowered"
    Add this option, I've done it twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

  10. #10
    Stood in the Fire Kals's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    450
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Need a 4th option, I play a lot less.
    Pretty much this. Dunno if it's a direct result of class choice or just the way the season develops though; personally I think I lean more towards the latter.

  11. #11
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,698
    I happen to play a lot more on my priest and death knight alt right now since they are so much stronger than my warlock..
    My priest alt is currently sitting on the same rating as my warlock, with the difference being that I've played my warlock for years and my priest only for like ~2 months -.- Regardless, I still play a lot on my 2 warlocks, just less than normally.

  12. #12
    Pit Lord
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    all over the world
    Posts
    2,397
    even though i enjoy leveling its not something i would find enjoyable to rush just so i can get in on the awesome op-ness that particular class had at the moment.

    up until wotlk i played a warlock and it was my only toon. guild needed a tank so thats when i rolled the dk. from wotlk and up until a few weeks in cata before i quit, i kinda flip flopped between the two. not necessarily due to one being op over the other but mainly due to that was the one the guild needed most at the time.

    towards the end of wotlk we started doing less and less raids and more and more pvp so i played my warlock more. when cata released he was sat on the back burner because we needed the dk more for tanking. i ended up quitting because the game simply wasnt fun anymore but have always kept an eye on the game in hopes i might find some enjoyment down the road. unfortunately this expansions pvp seems like it wouldnt be any better than when i left it in cata.

  13. #13
    Mechagnome Mr. Casual's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Bronx ,NY
    Posts
    568
    there is no option for i reroll when i get bored or when my class is op....Stopped playing rogue towards end of cata when it just wasnt fun and didnt play my warrior the beginning of cata and last season cause they were too stronk. But i did stick around for uber bladestorms in WoTLK cause it was just too fun

  14. #14
    a bit curious, if most people stick to their mains, where did all these warriors dissapear nowadays?

    Perhaps I have selective memory, but from seen 8 or 9 warriors out of 10 games, nowadays I see 1-2.
    Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    The problem is warriors are not easy to kill like we were in cata and people are mad at that
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    Brian may answer differently, but I would say mages are hard to counter for average players but easy for great players.

  15. #15
    Herald of the Titans crakerjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ptwn, Oregon
    Posts
    2,786
    reroll... I had plenty of 85's that I switched around from in cata... it was horrible. I didn't have to do that so much before but comps were constantly changing and I had to keep up or pick a comp and dig deep... it just wasn't worth it to not reroll. Lucky me, my other buddies had other 85's that that worked well for certain comps like kitty cleave.

    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

  16. #16
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,698
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    a bit curious, if most people stick to their mains, where did all these warriors dissapear nowadays?

    Perhaps I have selective memory, but from seen 8 or 9 warriors out of 10 games, nowadays I see 1-2.
    There's still a good amount of warriors you see in arena, you just start seeing less once you get to higher ratings due the state of the class. Of course less than when they were overpowered due rerollers, but especially at lower ratings you still see a lot of warriors.

  17. #17
    You could know your class in and out being good at it but even if you're not doing as well as another class and hes doing a lot better then why keep playing?

  18. #18
    Scarab Lord Gandrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,370
    Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    People who reroll every time some class happens to be the FOTM are just really, really sad.
    Well your class is either good or it's shit. FOTM is what rated PvP is all about. I mean, then there's also the possibility that your class is just dogshit right now.

    Entire point of a game is to have fun, it's a little counterproductive to do something that you hate.
    they say that doors open up soon as you find the missing key
    that’s probably why I’m in this bitch shining
    jump up in the sky and put the stars into alignment
    I rep the ATF in case you need to be reminded
    and the bandwagon's full but you can try an' run behind it

  19. #19
    Herald of the Titans inboundpaper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Close to San Fransisco, CA
    Posts
    2,695
    I just deal with it, probably why I stop doing 2's after I get my weapon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Sadly, with those actors... the "XXX Adaptation" should really be called 50 shades of watch a different porno.
    Beggars

  20. #20
    I am Murloc! Baracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,425
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Casual View Post
    there is no option for i reroll when i get bored or when my class is op....Stopped playing rogue towards end of cata when it just wasnt fun and didnt play my warrior the beginning of cata and last season cause they were too stronk. But i did stick around for uber bladestorms in WoTLK cause it was just too fun
    This is what I meant before

    I did quit for the first time in Lich King because mutilate rogues and DKs were so OP though.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •