Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Kara done at it's intended level and gear is the best imo. This isn't just BC Nostalgia for me.
    I can't tell you who I am, but I can tell you who I'm not.

I don't mind trash at all, without trash a raid doesn't feel like a 'raid' it just feels like you are breaking into a bosses home and assaulting them.

I think all raids should have a solid amount of trash, the key to good trash is to not make it difficult to the point of being annoyingly time consuming but also to vary it up so it isn't repetitive.

I think Ulduar and Black Temple are raids with a good example of correctly done trash.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Deleted
    I think it's the worst of the mop raids. Doesn't necessarily mean a lot considering that the entire raiding content has been great though. Lei shi was one of the more annoying fights in 5.1 and severely undertuned on hc, while sha was a horribly designed, repetitive and boring fight (especially on normal, but honestly on hc as well, even if the buff was clever). I would put ToT as the best raid ever after Ulduar though (and that may just be nostalgia/because nothing pre-Ulduar came close) and msv is definitely up there as well.

Is this a troll post?

Two of the fights are typically regarded as ... not that great. I'd argue that Protectors, normal mode, is a joke. Heroic should of been baseline as far as mechanics. Tsulong was probably the most interesting fight in the instance.

1 out of 4!

Deleted
    Good but not the best. If anything ToT is the best contender for that position (of all the MoP raids).

10+ Year Old Account
    It is pretty good. Best? Nah. But yea, easily 4/5 stars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Personally i found it kinda boring as a blood dk tank, expect for Sha. The Thrash timings was so fun!

Huh?

Lei Shi and Sha were both terrible fights on normal and Heroic.

The place was basically a copy/past of Vale.

None of the models were original except Sha getting a color change.

It was ok, but it is not even the best raid of the tier as far as I'm concerned.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally put Terrace under MSV and Throne of Thunder, just to use examples from this expansion. I'm not gonna pretend to have done it 4/4 heroic, but even then, it's not a particularily good raid in my opinion. I might even put HoF over it, depending on my mood and when the last time I did Lei Shi was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ulduar was awesome, as was Sunwell. Terrace? No. Heroic Sha was terrible.

"I am Rei Shen, prease!!"

10+ Year Old Account
    TOES is one step removed from TOC. Granted, I liked TOC, but I wouldn't call TOES the best at all. Sha of Fear is one of the most disappointing end bosses I've had the displeasure of encountering.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Deleted
    Simply in terms of 'which raid would you go to if 4 different friends asked you to go to one', ToES is definitely my first choice. Although ToT's design is a bit more interesting, I like the lack of trash, and the fact that you can be out of there in less than an hour if you know what you're doing - the time investment of LFR combined with the difficulty of Normal/HC, it's quite brilliant to be honest. Boss design is also very nice, I like Protectors and Sha more than pretty much anything in HoF.

Apparently you have not been to Karazhan.

Best raid ....?

Im guessing you never did Heroic Sha as progress... But having to get the haste buff then purposely wipe each night was pretty poor design, not to mention having to go like 10-15mins into the fight until finally making it to where you needed to learn to progress.

There have been better raids. *cough* Ulduar *cough*

I must be the only person who liked HoF.

But I hated ToES. Lack of interesting trash. 3rd boss sucked. Sha was horribly boring. I did like Tsulong quite a bit, protectors was ok.

ToT beats the last tier hands down though.

Deleted
    The amount of trash in ToES is great, but its terrible raid instance. Tsulong HC is one of the worst bosses in mop. Lei Shi is annoying as hell, trinkets procced? too bad lets go invisible or immune! HC Sha of Fear you can gimmickly skip "hard" part of the p1 and just tank and spank the boss with 10 players(25man). And seriously that phase2, its complete joke for tier end boss. Very little movement, just kill adds that don't even attack anyone and then focus boss when there is no adds, only hard part was boss oneshotting our tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was okay. Lei Shi and Heroic Sha were horrible encounters, but Protectors and Tsulong were alright. I didn't really "like" any of the 4 bosses. It was a beautiful zone though.

Quote Originally Posted by grimsanta View Post

But I hated ToES. Lack of interesting trash. 3rd boss sucked. Sha was horribly boring. I did like Tsulong quite a bit, protectors was ok.

HoF was good, was my favorite raid from the 3.

Sorry OP but just can't agree. Visually the place is great and indeed I like the fact that there isn't that much trash. However Sha of Fear is the worst end boss ever, what a boring encounter, fair play never did it on HC but I'm not bringing up the "OMG too EZ" argument it's just an exceptionally drawn out fight with very little going on, I hated it after our second wipe and I've not changed my feelings bout it since.

Lei Shi felt like a troll boss and the Protectors was an incredibly strange beast. I've never pulled it in whats meant to be the normal fashion outside of LFR, the Elite version of the encounter was a joke, I can only imagine the other 2 incarnations of the encounter can only be harder and as an actual fight there was very little going on.

Tsulong however was pretty good, got no critique to level at it.

Quote Originally Posted by grimsanta View Post

Everything except Garalon. The heroic modes were underwhelming except 3 of them.