Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    ToES is in my bottom 3 with ToC and DS. Main part is I really get tired of looking at the exact same room for that long and the bosses were only "meh" in terms of fun. I need more visual stimulation to like a raid. T11 raids are a good example of such for me, I really enjoyed it because you would go through the 3 drastically different color schemes each week. If something bores me visually I don't enjoy it, may seem silly but aesthetics are a massive part of gaming for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Best ever cracks me up, but i understand where you are coming from that it is faster and easier laid out (little trash) than the other ones.

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    I'd argue that Protectors, normal mode, is a joke. Heroic should of been baseline as far as mechanics.
    hc protectors was really challenging in 10m. iirc you needed 4 interrupts, 2 dispels on raid and one on boss, constant slow on adds as well as good burst on them, sick healing in last phase as well as dealing with damage increasing buffs and high awareness through positioning and not standing in shit. some of these factors making it close to overtuned. a great fight overall and FAR from "baseline" when it comes to a heroic encounter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelos View Post
    That means 25% of the whole raid sucks.
    Beat me to it.
    That also means that one boss is one of the most annoying to be ever put in the game.
    To be a raid centered on the figure of the Sha of Fear, i wasn't really scared. Totally unimpressed regarding this point.
    Not having any sort of consistent trash made it look like Onyxia's Lair x 4 to me.
    I can agree the whole is nice and the visual effect is good.
    However, that's far from being the best raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Genooo View Post
    Fun bosses with the exception of Leishi, visually beautiful, very little trash so most of the time is spent doing what I come to raids to do: Kill bosses. Only people who say it's too easy have obviously never done it on heroic. I wish it was a boss or two longer, but other than it's shortness, it really is an amazing raid.

Most people don't share my opinion, but oh well.
    No. Sadly, it is not, and i would risk saying most people disagree with your opinion.

The layout is just pitiful, Lei Shi is probably one of the worst encounters in WoW history, and Sha of Fear (normal and heroic) is one of the most boring, drawn out and uninspired end tier encounter of a recent past. In Heroic it's just even worse. They could have done so much more with that encounter that it just boggles my mind how it managed to be released as it was. The only saving grace is Protectors on Heroic Elite, that was a fun fight.

So yea, not even in the top half of best raids in my opinion. Glad you enjoyed it though.

Eh, it's fine, but the best? Not in my opinion at least, Lei Shi alone takes that away from it. Go a tier up and say Throne of Thunder and I'll agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I liked TOES well enough. The fact that it abbreviates as 'toes' amuses me endlessly.

I think Throne is the strongest raid so far in Mists (best since T11 which was fantastic IMO) but then, that's just my opinion.
    T11 got a lot of buildup (specifically Cho'gall) which gave it some impact, agreed.

Deleted
    ToT is one of the best raids ever released. TotES in my opinion was the worst raid from last tier. MSV was probably the best from those 3. I had big hopes for Vashjir raid in Cata, SSC again, but it didn't happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fun bosses with the exception of Leishi, visually beautiful, very little trash so most of the time is spent doing what I come to raids to do: Kill bosses. Only people who say it's too easy have obviously never done it on heroic. I wish it was a boss or two longer, but other than it's shortness, it really is an amazing raid.

Little to no trash is a downside, see ToC. Makes the raid without atmosphere, and no immersion. You say one boss is bad, so that means already only 75% is good. Add to that Sha of Fear who is a horrible snore fest as well, so that lowers it to 50% already. ToES is the second worst raid created by Blizzard only defeated by ToC which arguably even had better bosses.

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ulduar is the best raid ever, ToES is just nice. I would put MSV over ToES in terms of favorable raids for personal taste. I enjoyed the asthetic look of MSV, the music, and the boss encounters. Wille of the emperor was an interesting fight. Not every day you actually fight a weapon as a boss in wow lol.

Deleted
    It's supposed to be a long fight, that's part of the challenge, to see if your raiders can focus and do their job for that long.
    I get that, I really do. The problem was that it was always the same 2 things, p1 was just like normal mode, no difference whatsoever (except from having to avoid dread sprays I guess) and p2 was the same thing all over again with more adds each time. Sure it got pretty intense in the last 2 minutes but before that it was kinda "meh".

OT: ToES was a decent raid but the general consensus is that Lei Shi ruined a big part of it.

I would easily put AQ 40,Naxx (Original),Kara,Black Temple,Sunwell,Uld,ICC and Throne of Thunder ahead of ToES. It just seemed bland to me with no real back story and way to short.Its not the worst but its just a middle of the pack to slightly below average raid to me.

15+ Year Old Account
    When did you start playing this game and raiding?

I'd put all of vanilla, tbc, ulduar, icc, t11, t15 ahead of toes
    Last edited by cyqu; 2013-05-08 at 05:43 PM.

I didn't read all of the replies, but people are forgetting to mention how boring sha of fear is. protectors and tsulong are alright lei shi and sha are terrible

ToES wasn't great. First 2 encounters were pretty fun. Lei Shi was annoying as heck and Sha of Zzzz...er I mean Fear was awful also. Normal mode wasn't quite as bad, but I remember on more than one occasion starting to doze off fighting him on LFR...but that isn't exclusively a Sha of Fear issue.

What really sucked was having 75% of all the BiS weapons in this one raid, gated behind HoF, which was equally, if not moreso, terrible.

From a Heroic progression PoV, all 4 bosses were awful. Nowhere close to the best raid ever put in the game.
    http://darkcontent.wordpress.com/ - blog (updated Oct. 8, 2013). Latest post: T16H Affliction Trinket Rankings in Combination, done in SimC 540-4.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    hc protectors was really challenging in 10m. iirc you needed 4 interrupts, 2 dispels on raid and one on boss, constant slow on adds as well as good burst on them, sick healing in last phase as well as dealing with damage increasing buffs and high awareness through positioning and not standing in shit. some of these factors making it close to overtuned. a great fight overall and FAR from "baseline" when it comes to a heroic encounter.
    Mechanics, didn't say anything about numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zula95 View Post
    I didn't read all of the replies, but people are forgetting to mention how boring sha of fear is. protectors and tsulong are alright lei shi and sha are terrible
    I chuckled.

No one forgot to mention that Sha was lame, which you'd know if you actually read the posts :P

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Mechanics, didn't say anything about numbers.
    dont think i did either

IMHO ICC was the best raid ever made. Most people only hate it because they were doing it for 10 months or so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Strange since I found TOES pretty much boring. Sha of Fear must be most boring and dumb tier end boss ever.
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple